Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa doesn't scare me because their schedule is so soft including 2 games against Carolina.

Giants scare me some, they are awful.  They got the Packers, Saints, Eagles, Rams, Eagles left

As far as catching NE, they got: Chargers, Steelers, Chiefs, Denver, Bills, Jets

The Jets have the Falcons, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Commanders

The Bears have the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Falcons, Packers.

I think we have a good shot at 4 if we lose out.

Eagirls might rest their starters in week 18 and hopefully hand NYG a win

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe its the after effects of being burned by Young but I really don't wanna draft another Edge guy high. I think there are some good ones we can go after in FA or we just skip defense for a year and go all in fixing the offense the first year under hopefully an offensive minded coach.

same here. Can’t go edge again! Sign a good veteran in free agency, and go with young players on the other side..

We're probably going to have a shot at Alt, Fashanu, Bowers or Harrison. I'm guessing with Maye and Williams round out the top 6, but a CB and a DE will definitely move up there too.

I'm down for any of them on offense.

Second round I want one of the two OCs and a LBer

I don't care if they take two more OTs in the 3rd round, either.

We have two OL worth keeping moving forward. That's insanely bad.

2 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

I worry with Ron taking over, we might accidently win some more games because Sam and the offense can do it, but the defense was called horribly, so...

Our defense kept us in a lot of games, outside of the big plays and the offense still couldn't put up points. Ron taking over the defense isn't going to change anything.

They sacrificed the sacrificial scape goats, they didn't improve the team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, with the 23rd pick in the draft, not the 3rd...🧐

Tampa Bay had Vincent Jackson posting a 1200+ yards and 7 TD season, along with a returning from injury Mike Williams (2 seasons of 900+ yards and 9+ TD's), yet they still drafted Mike Evans with the 7th overall pick.

The top of the draft is not for needs. The top of the draft is a rare chance for elite talent. If it's there, you take it. No matter what.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

14 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Don't  the teams who decide "you can never have enough weapons" usually end up with glaring weaknesses that can be exploited? Like Cincy'sOL issues have led to two season ending  injuries in four years 

They still invested heavily in the OL in FA. Signed Orlando Brown from the Chiefs among others.

Burrow is just a guy who seems predisposed to injury.

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Tampa Bay had Vincent Jackson posting a 1200+ yards and 7 TD season, along with a returning from injury Mike Williams (2 seasons of 900+ yards and 9+ TD's), yet they still drafted Mike Evans with the 7th overall pick.

The top of the draft is not for needs. The top of the draft is a rare chance for elite talent. If it's there, you take it. No matter what.

Yep agreed. Accumulate talent. You have no idea what will be a need in 2-3 years.

We're probably bringing in one of the top GM candidates and giving them a top 5 pick and 5 in the top 100, along with $90 mill in cap and total freedom. 

I'd be shocked if we didn't build Howell the most bad ass offense possible. If that mean a TE at 5? Harrison? Cool with me.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Made me go look at the 2014 class. 10 years later, only 13 of the first rounders are still in the league. Only eight guys in rounds 4-7. Two of them are Logan Thomas and Charles Leno.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Williams wasn't even on the team Mike Evans rookie year in 2014, and Jackson was going into his 10th season (what was turning into a quick decline as he was out the league two years later).

Tampa didn't draft Evans to have an over the top WE core, they drafted him to make sure they had at least one good WR.

I'm getting tired of folks reaching to make a point I already respect but want to keep options open addressing in different ways.  At least google your attempts to further convince me because I will.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Jackson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Williams_(wide_receiver,_born_1987)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Evans_(wide_receiver)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe its the after effects of being burned by Young but I really don't wanna draft another Edge guy high. I think there are some good ones we can go after in FA or we just skip defense for a year and go all in fixing the offense the first year under hopefully an offensive minded coach.

It would make 6 of the last 8 drafts, favoring defense in the first two round picks in an offense driven league.

I was listening to a cap guy from PFF on Galdi's podcast today, his point is over the years this team hasn't been bad at drafting but has been bad at where to allocate resources money wise and draft pick wise.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would make 6 of the last 8 drafts, favoring defense in the first two round picks in an offense driven league.

I was listening to a cap guy from PFF on Galdi's podcast today, his point is over the years this team hasn't been bad at drafting but has been bad at where to allocate resources money wise and draft pick wise.

We have been bad at drafting.

We passed on not one, not two, but THREE franchise QB types to take Chase Young.

We passed up on a franchise LT to take Jamin Davis.

We passed up on a stud WR, C, and S to take Jahan Dotson.

No need to go into the Forbes fiasco either.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@The Consigliere

There is a huge difference in a rebuild that needs a QB and one that doesn't.

We got bigger problems if Howell aint the guy then trying to figure out how to do something about it this offseason.  He's literally a selling point in getting folks to come here this offseason.

I'm sure enough to go forward with him, if your not, we're talking about very different rebuilds.  Having high picks and lots of cap space is a very different situation with or without a QB already.

Despite being a Howell backer since that winter of '21-'22, I am a bit more skeptical that a new F.O. comes in, and decides this squad is fine at QB, they might, but there's a decent chance they'll not be sold. What they do then is a total unknown. The one positive I see in all this, is that there were rumors, anyway, that at least 2 of the QB's from this class might go back to school (not Maye or Williams), and that would make the '25 class a significantly more appealing group. So we'll see. 

I just happen to think that Howell could be a selling point, but it could be a case where the draft pick is the selling pick, if it's high enough, on targeting a QB. 

We'll see. I agree w/you on what it means, but honestly, I don't think it matters as much as you think. Whether we have the QB or not, the entire roster needs to be rebuilt because by the time Howell or a new guy is completely clicking a lot of this stuff will have aged out (the players we actually value). 

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see.  I think we win one more tops.  

Howell beat Dallas last year in the finale in a near identical scenario which freaks me out. The Jets QB-less, have gone from a top 6-10 side, to a bottom 5-10 side instead. Rams hopefully have played their way into competing, with that 5-6 record they're a game out of the playoffs. i tend to think they'll go all out, and as such, hopefully we lose. The scary games left to me are the Jets, Miami Jeckel Hyde scenario, and Dallas resting starters. If the rams were the finale instead of the Cowboys, I'd agree, we're probably winning just 5, but w/the schedule arranged the way it is, I can still see 6. Hopefully that doesn't happen. That Bears game last year was kind of nuts, it improved our chances in round 1, and really hurt our 2nd rounder from them. Hopefully we tank thoroughly enough for it to lift us ahead of them. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise its tough, I get the Bears moving on, but they've done a terrible job up to this point putting anything of note around Fields.  I wish they would give him one more chance and if doesn't work go QB next year, they're call (like they know what they do in anyway)

It would be immensely stupid to wait another year when they have the #1 pick this year. He is not a perfect prospect (and prospect fatigue is setting in with him as it’s nitpick time) but Caleb Williams has been the most coveted QB in college football for almost 3 years. Maye is also a flawed but very good QB prospect. If you can’t make chicken salad with either of them, you gotta get out of the kitchen, bc you aren’t dealing with chicken **** here, you’re dealing with real workable blue chip ingredients even if they aren’t as clean as Luck was. 

Fields may succeed elsewhere, he has tools. You clearly do not pass on a blue chip QB prospect for him when you have the #1 pick and (I assume) a new staff. 

Suggesting otherwise really damages someone’s credibility because it’s a very obvious situation with a very obvious next move in sight. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Get the LT AND RT in the draft with our top two picks if the right tackle  in round 2 is viewed as an immediate starter. Use free agency on the best interior lineman you can or even two of them and then fill in as best you can with the rest of the draft and free agent $$$$$. It CAN be a quick turnaround with the right personnel decisions starting with the right GM. 

Also, bring in a name skill player or two if we can get them. I really like Zac Moss as a RB addition. He runs hard and has quickness. MIchael Pittman and Noah Brown as taller WR's to replace Samuel and improve the redzone targets with size.

Here's a site with the top ten free agents at every position for the as of today class of 2024:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-primer-best-free-agents-every-position

Moss is a 4.65 40 guy. He might have a teeny bit of a 2nd gear, but he's definitely not fast, and I wouldn't say quick either, we have a better more athletic version of the same back (though not terribly impressive to me) in Robinson. I can't see the Colts letting Pittman go, he's one of the best WR's in the league under 27. Top 10-20 zone basically. Stupid to let him goo, but a worthy target all the same.

I do agree we should get at least one lineman from 1 of our top 45 picks. I also think we should hit OL in FA, probably targeting whatever position were inclined to avoid with our top picks. I would not target RB's at all in free agency. Basically we should draft one in the top 64 every third or fourth year so long as we hit on the pick, and then reboot as their rookie deal is ending. If we'd done that with my targets in the past, in '16 my guys were misses, in '17 it would have gotten us Mixon, or Cook, in '18 it would have gotten us Chubb or a bust, in '19 it would have been a straight pass, in '20 my guys were Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Akers, in '21 I did not like Najee (age, i didnt expect him to stink) but I did like Etienne a ton, in '22 it was Hall and Walker, this past year my guy was roschon whose been meh, I did like Achane too, but not as much as others. We just need to do that, as our drafted guys approach their age 26 years and cycle in with attention to the quality of the classes. '22 and '24 were and are not good classes ('22 had cream but not depth, '24 has neither). 

Fixing the o-line is the #1 priority.  You don't fix that, it doesn't matter how many WR's, RB's or TE's you got.  Those are luxuries that can eventually be dealt with but you must fix the line first.   If drafting an O-line is too high at our spot, then trade down a little and pick up more picks.  1st 2 picks should be o-line and probably need to sign 2 o-line in free agency. 

The only exception to not taking an o-line first, is if we draft a QB and decide Howell isn't the guy.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

24 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Howell beat Dallas last year in the finale in a near identical scenario which freaks me out. The Jets QB-less, have gone from a top 6-10 side, to a bottom 5-10 side instead. Rams hopefully have played their way into competing, with that 5-6 record they're a game out of the playoffs. i tend to think they'll go all out, and as such, hopefully we lose. The scary games left to me are the Jets, Miami Jeckel Hyde scenario, and Dallas resting starters. If the rams were the finale instead of the Cowboys, I'd agree, we're probably winning just 5, but w/the schedule arranged the way it is, I can still see 6. Hopefully that doesn't happen. That Bears game last year was kind of nuts, it improved our chances in round 1, and really hurt our 2nd rounder from them. Hopefully we tank thoroughly enough for it to lift us ahead of them. 

I am not worried about Miami but still any given Sunday.   the Jets defense is really good, their offense sucks, we don't play well in NY -- I think the Jets win but agree Washington can beat them.  The version I saw of the Rams on Sunday should beat this team.

The Dallas game scares me some, too.  We beat them last year, similar drill so that might instll some belief they can do it again.  Dak rubbing it in last week when he was having turkey in the middle of the game.  Ron wanting to win in his last game, etc.

Hopefully Dallas has something to play for.    They are tied with Detroit and the 49ers right now record wise.  If that holds up, home field advantage for the tie breaker?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not worried about Miami but still any given Sunday.   the Jets defense is really good, their offense sucks, we don't play well in NY -- I think the Jets win but agree Washington can beat them.  The version I saw of the Rams on Sunday should beat this team.

The Dallas game scares me some, too.  We beat them last year, similar drill so that might instll some belief they can do it again.  Dak rubbing it in last week when he was having Turkey in the middle of the game.  Ron wanting to win in his last game, etc.

Hopefully Dallas has something to play for.    They are tied with Detroit and the 49ers right now record wise.  If that holds up, home field advantage for the tie breaker?

If Miami blows them out, this team will quit.  They won't give much effort the rest of the way. 

13 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

With the way the Bears played tonight, they’ll win a few more games while this team could lose out

They're schedule is ridiculously easy. No strong teams other than the [cough] lions. They could win another 2 and really screw up that 2nd rounder, maybe even 3. But probably they finish on 5 or 6 wins. 

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

They're schedule is ridiculously easy. No strong teams other than the [cough] lions. They could win another 2 and really screw up that 2nd rounder, maybe even 3. But probably they finish on 5 or 6 wins. 

I'd rather have the 4th pick in the first then a higher 2nd.  

I don't see teams trading away Caleb or Drake.  I also don't see NE not taking a QB.  My gut is Daniels moves up the board, maybe Penix, maybe Nix but if I had to bet on one I'd go Daniels.   So I am guessing lets say the Pats pick 3, i think they might go Daniels.  If NE by chance goes Harrison then pick #4 might be prime trade down territory or take Harrison.

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Miami blows them out, this team will quit.  They won't give much effort the rest of the way. 

This team has already quit, don't get it twisted.

Our "leaders" are clearly waiting this regime out, only guy I can say for certain is giving it what he has is Howell and that's because he's trying to establish himself as the guy in the middle of an incoming rebuild.

The defense looking less lost under Rivera won't change that, season is over, we might as well be eliminated anyway and everyone in the building knows that.  4-8 and 0-5 in the division with Miami next isn't a hole, thats a grave.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2