Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2023 Week 1: Welcomes the restless ,drunken , die hard fans - The Future Is Here!

zCommander

The year has flown by, slowly at times, but has really flown by after Harris and group took over. The game on Sunday is going to be lit, packed and loud. It has been a while to be really excited and jubilant for a game. I just simply can't wait and will be up all night - will try to catch some zzz's and be ready for the game. 

My son and I wanted to go to the game but due to his work he couldn't get off. I will just be rooting like hell or cussing from my recliner instead lol

Too bad no Chase but I think it is best and the D has played well without him anyway. Will see what EB offense looks like, finally. Howell doesn't need to be great but good on Sunday. It also helps we are playing AZ who is not a very good team. The Commanders will need to capitalize on it and go hard and make a statement.

Here is to you all and to a great win on Sunday with no injury :cheers:

:pint: Now back to my scheduled drinking lol

Please do share what is your drink for tonight. Captain, coke and I have become best of friends. :) 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Sorry @zCommander, I couldn't wait and was ready to go for opening day!! There's a new era in the air, and hope abounds.

What's everyone eating, drinking, doing to kill the time until 1pm (weather permitting) tomorrow? 

Pouring an old fashioned myself and ready for an Arizona beat down and Slingin' Sammy and crew to ball OUT tomorrow. 

Hail. 

Edited by LetThePointsSoar
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Sorry @zCommander, I couldn't wait and was ready to go for opening day!! There's a new era in the air, and hope abounds.

What's everyone eating, drinking, doing to kill the time until 1pm (weather permitting) tomorrow? 

Pouring an old fashioned myself and ready for an Arizona beat down and Slingin' Sammy and crew to ball OUT tomorrow. 

Hail. 

You should have refreshed the page before posting since I started the thread a minute before you did lol 

The mods will just need to merge the two. :)

It's all good though. We are all excited for tomorrow. :D 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You should have refreshed the page before posting since I started the thread a minute before you did lol 

The mods will just need to merge the two. :)

It's all good though. We are all excited for tomorrow. :D 

Lol great minds, my friend. 

Here's to hoping that this is the energy Arizona comes out with tomorrow - 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Hail. 

I merged the threads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

MICHELLE MAGDZIUK: Washington QB Sam Howell and WR Jahan Dotson will connect for 100-plus yards and two touchdowns. This second-year duo has a chance to start the season with a bang against a bleak Cardinals defense that allowed the second-most passing touchdowns last year and lost many starters from that unit during the offseason. The Commanders' young pitch-and-catch combo displayed a strong connection during the preseason, with Howell hitting Dotson for seven receptions, 106 yards and one TD on nine targets. With Terry McLaurin coming off a toe injury, Dotson should be the go-to receiving option for Washington -- especially given that he led the team in targets, receptions and receiving yards over the last four weeks of the 2022 campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Reading Thunderstorms are forecast. Any chance of weather delays?

REAAALLLY hoping for no delays. Headed to Mexico tomorrow and literally booked our flight months ago very intentionally with a layover EXACTLY from 11:45am to 3pm Central time lol.  Weather delay gonna screw up some well laid plans. 

• Like 1