Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Stroud hasn’t brought his A game tonight. The plays have been there to be had, but he’s missing a lot. Not a surprising development for a rookie in his first post season against a quality defense. 

Hes had such a good year though I still expect him to turn it around.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ryans is a hell of coach. Turned around a trash team in one year with a rookie QB. Hell of a year from him. 

Yeah it kinda has me thinking, if we can get a GUY at QB, and hire a defensive minded coach like Macdonald, you figure an elite QB can elevate his team and a good D coach can get the D flying(we do have SOME talent there)and maybe we can be in that same position.

Something to think about. I don't know if Macdonald is the leader Ryans is but I think he's the kinda coach GMAP was talking about.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

JDR told me you can only rush the front four and the other seven have to drop back.

I don't think both teams are even blitzing that much but they have creative rushes. Guys rushing from different spots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah it kinda has me thinking, if we can get a GUY at QB, and hire a defensive minded coach like Macdonald, you figure an elite QB can elevate his team and a good D coach can get the D flying(we do have SOME talent there)and maybe we can be in that same position.

Something to think about. I don't know if Macdonald is the leader Ryans is but I think he's the kinda coach GMAP was talking about.

It definitely has merit. But the problem is Yr 2. We’ll see how Stroud and that offense looks next year without Slowik calling the plays, ESPECIALLY if it’s a different system. 

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

Well the Ravens dropped an easy int so it could go either way.

True, but that’s a little more random in my opinion. Texans just needed better discipline / mental focus. 

• Thumb up 1