Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I really like bowers, he straight up took over some games this year. He is a game changer at te.

If the new fo and coach really like penix or McCarthy, I wouldn't mind trading back a couple spots, taking bowers, and then trading back up if need be to take one of the 2 of penix or McCarthy.

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, mac8887 said:

I really like bowers, he straight up took over some games this year. He is a game changer at te.

If the new fo and coach really like penix or McCarthy, I wouldn't mind trading back a couple spots, taking bowers, and then trading back up if need be to take one of the 2 of penix or McCarthy.

If we win another game, Bowers will become my favorite target for us.  But that's not the best outcome for our team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Love him personally. In fact and as crazy as it might sound to some, I'd take him over Emeka Egbuka. 

Did you find him having issues getting off the line in press? I know, he didn't face lots of top DB's but it is the only real knock I see with him that could be an issue moving forward. Funny because you'd think his dad would have coached him up on that because he great at that separation and not a big guy. 

24 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Love him personally. In fact and as crazy as it might sound to some, I'd take him over Emeka Egbuka. 

The QB's get all the love this draft but is it not crazy to think this is also one of the best years for WR's at the top in a while and not just overall? Not much talk about Defensive players or OL. I just saw a mock with 2 WR's going 1-2 by one of the draft sites. Thought it was awful at first but if the Bears took MHJ first Arizona could still take a WR in this class with the talent you guys keep throwing out there. Think the Cards would more likely trade down first but? I believe they have to keep Murray one more year and will draft another 2nd tier QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Johnny Wilson from FL St. intrigues me. His height and speed.  Has potential.  A somewhat modern-day Harold Carmichael.  Do you remember him?  Harold was taller though.  LOL

Edited by RWJ

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Did you find him having issues getting off the line in press? I know, he didn't face lots of top DB's but it is the only real knock I see with him that could be an issue moving forward. Funny because you'd think his dad would have coached him up on that because he great at that separation and not a big guy. 

This is the frustrating thing about doing this. It can be hard to pinpoint these aspects from what is available on YouTube. I think his biggest flaw would in the contested catch realm though I did read he can struggle with press coverage too. My initial reaction to Rice is that he is very instinctive and smart. I found come comments from Jim Nagy which suggested the same and helped to stroke my ego at the same time :)

His hands and catch radius are also IMHO very, very good. I'm sure his Dad will guide him and hopefully he can improve in the press stuff because that is obviously very critical to playing at the next level. I also just found out he is on Bruce Feldman's freak list.

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Johnny Wilson from FL St. intrigues me. His height and speed.  Has potential.  A somewhat modern-day Harold Carmichael.  Do you remember him?  Harold was taller though.  LOL

Wilson I see everywhere in the WR rankings and fairly high as well, but the one and only clip I saw of him, I came away feeling he was sluggish out there. I'll go back to him though and am keen on seeing him and a lot of others in the Senior-Shrine Bowls and Combine. Harold Carmichael I'm not familiar with :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

This is the frustrating thing about doing this. It can be hard to pinpoint these aspects from what is available on YouTube. I think his biggest flaw would in the contested catch realm though I did read he can struggle with press coverage too. My initial reaction to Rice is that he is very instinctive and smart. I found come comments from Jim Nagy which suggested the same and helped to stroke my ego at the same time :)

His hands and catch radius are also IMHO very, very good. I'm sure his Dad will guide him and hopefully he can improve in the press stuff because that is obviously very critical to playing at the next level. I also just found out he is on Bruce Feldman's freak list.

Wilson I see everywhere in the WR rankings and fairly high as well, but the one and only clip I saw of him, I came away feeling he was sluggish out there. I'll go back to him though and am keen on seeing him and a lot of others in the Senior-Shrine Bowls and Combine. Harold Carmichael I'm not familiar with :) 

Agree. Wilson is a big target but sluggish and not all that athletic. He’s more TE than receiver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RWJ said:

@Chump Bailey, @Skinsinparadise and @KDawg What are your thoughts on Jerry Rice's son, Brenden?  

Tough one for me.  I'd need to see his combine.  They use him some on quick screens-hitches, etc, not blown away by what I see on that front but he wins with go routes-post routes running by CBs but its hard for me to guess his speed.  For me to buy in, I'd want him to run well because I don't love him in the context of making contested catches or as a YAC guy.

He reminds me of a poor man's Nico Collins.  Collins was one of my favorites in that draft, I liked him better than I do Rice.  Collins had a big combine.  I'd want to see Rice have one, otherwise i am not that excited about him.

Edit: if his combine plays to his freak list mentioned, I can get into in the early 3rd.  I have a biased to WRs who can not just seperate but also do contested catches and are YAC threads -- that doesn't fit Rice.  But I like Rice as a deep threat but for me buy in, I want to still see how he runs.

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 10.58.41 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Really like both of these, assume they fall in round 3-4 range ?

That sounds about right though much will hinge on their testing. My WR rankings will likely change drastically outside the top 7 or so in the weeks to come. Florida WR Ricky Pearsall is also growing on me. I think he has definite steal/gem potential. I've not looked at the slot guys much but Malik Washington I love and Memphis WR Demeer Blankumsee also interests me a lot - he moves like Lions rookie WR Jameson Williams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Rice is absolutely a solid receiver. I think with his height, long arms (catch radius) and jumping ability he will be fine with contested catches. Whenever you agree with Jim Nagy's takes, you are in a good place!  Him landing in the middle of Feldman's list should increase your ego stroking so ego up Chump :806:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

There is a thread for mock drafts.

Not to mention that is the most ridiculous mock draft I have ever seen in my life. Yeah. Every good staff is going to draft 4 OL with their first 4 picks. If you are going to post a mock you are proud of at least make it half way real.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 8:58 PM, KDawg said:

I’m not impressed by Coleman. Too many drops.

I don’t have my list in front of me but I’m pretty sure it’s:

1. Harrison

2. Legette

3. Nabers

4. Franklin

5. Odunze

I haven’t changed the receiver list at all from the original so my original is somewhere here… :ols:

Wow, you got Franklin high.   I like him but don't love him -- makes me think some of Paul Richardson though he's not as scrawny.  I'd want s

I am still digesting, I think for me right now

1.  Harrison

2.  Nabers

3. Legette

4.  Odunze

Those top 4 all studs

then

5. Brian Thomas

6.  Keon Coleman

7. Ja'lynn Polk

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow, you got Franklin high.   I like him but don't love him -- makes me think some of Paul Richardson though he's not as scrawny.  I'd want s

I am still digesting, I think for me right now

1.  Harrison

2.  Nabers

3. Legette

4.  Odunze

Those top 4 all studs

then

5. Brian Thomas

6.  Keon Coleman

7. Ja'lynn Polk

Ya, I like Franklin. He’s always available and makes big plays for Nix.

I really like Malachi Corley as a mid rounder. A lot of hype about about him being the next Deebo. And I do see some of that in him. But Deebo has better hands imo. Corley's hands and the level of competition he faced are the reason he will fall to the mid rounds imo. But the guy is a rac monster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

That sounds about right though much will hinge on their testing. My WR rankings will likely change drastically outside the top 7 or so in the weeks to come. Florida WR Ricky Pearsall is also growing on me. I think he has definite steal/gem potential. I've not looked at the slot guys much but Malik Washington I love and Memphis WR Demeer Blankumsee also interests me a lot - he moves like Lions rookie WR Jameson Williams.

Thanks. Feels like we will likely need to go a combination on QB and a couple of OL fairly early so finding a value receiver in that mid round area would be great.

• Like 1