Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Man I just can't get on the Rosengarten bandwagon.  His hands looks really bad to me, and when he loses, it's ugly and he looks panicky.  Balance seems a little sketchy too.

Gonna go back and watch his SB reps again to make sure he wasn't the guy I said "get a load of this ****in stiff" about in my head.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Conn said:

This really drove home to me that if we do manage to draft a stud WR prospect in the 2nd, we’ll have one of the best WR corps in the league for our young QB. Most teams have relative JAGs as their 3rd WR and we’d be bumping Dotson down to that spot—and I think we all believe Dotson still has plenty of potential, obviously. 

edit: whoops, forgot to post the tweet that got me thinking about this:

Do we all believe that? What if we believe Rivera & Co screwed the pooch on that pick, and our WR group is McLaurin and then JAG's?

It's been 2 years and he can't separate against NFL coverage. I mean, check out his spider chart, does this look like someone who can suddenly figure things out in Year 3? Check out that 3 Cone percentage...for someone who needs to be quick that's awful.

image.png.5397c3e5910f116c6748e99aa1cab58f.png

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Man I just can't get on the Rosengarten bandwagon.  His hands looks really bad to me, and when he loses, it's ugly and he looks panicky.  Balance seems a little sketchy too.

Gonna go back and watch his SB reps again to make sure he wasn't the guy I said "get a load of this ****in stiff" about in my head.

I kind of agree. I think he'll have more panicky moments in the Pros. But I do like him at Guard, and I want to have him sit and develop there. It's in my mind that he'll have less panicky moments, and his athleticism will show up better there.

Kind of surprised about the Rosengarten takes in here. I like him a lot. He is one of the most athletic T's in the draft. Yes he is going to need help with his technique. But all of these guys are going to need that. He gives you elite athleticism to work with though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Do we all believe that? What if we believe Rivera & Co screwed the pooch on that pick, and our WR group is McLaurin and then JAG's?

It's been 2 years and he can't separate against NFL coverage. I mean, check out his spider chart, does this look like someone who can suddenly figure things out in Year 3? Check out that 3 Cone percentage...for someone who needs to be quick that's awful.

image.png.5397c3e5910f116c6748e99aa1cab58f.png

I don’t think it was a good pick either, but as a WR3 he’d be perfectly adequate and better than most teams’ WR3. Overdrafted, but he flashed his natural hands as a rookie before cratering in year two under one of the worst coaching staffs the league has seen in recent years.  He still has potential 

Didn't realize Rosengarten's arm length was so short. That coupled with his small height and weight tell me he's probably more of a G in the NFL.

Would still take him but no earlier than round 3.

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t think it was a good pick either, but as a WR3 he’d be perfectly adequate and better than most teams’ WR3. Overdrafted, but he flashed his natural hands as a rookie before cratering in year two under one of the worst coaching staffs the league has seen in recent years.  He still has potential 

To think we passed on Chris Olave for Dotson is just.....man freaking Rivera. 

With that said I still think Dotson can make a decent slot WR3. He will never be above average as an outside 1 or 2 though.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

holy crap the last time the Rams picked in the first round Obama was still president.

That really puts things in context. What a crazy team.

That pick was Goff. The prior year was Gurley (retired), the year prior was Donald (retired). It was so long ago it was almost the full Hall of Fame career of possibly their best player ever.

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Gimme your receiver rankings, numbers four through eight.

If its me

4. Brian Thomas

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Ricky Pearsall

7. Roman Wilson

8. Adonai Mitchell (boom-bust but I've warmed up to throwing the dice on him if he falls to the early third but I don't expected him to do that

Then

9. Xavier Legette

10. Ja'Lynn Polk

Next group for me are boom-bust:  Coleman, Franklin, Worthy, Burton (because of character), Wilson.  Real hard group of Wrs for me to figure out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Though Coleman's PFF scores are brutal

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 8.06.21 PM.png

Updated:  We could trade and draft Fuaga and also Rosengarten as our bookends and still have our 3rds.  It would require both our 2nds.  Move to #16 with Seattle possibly.  I would like both.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

Does anyone know when ESPN and The NFL Network decide where their remote reporters are going to be on draft day?

I'm thinking (hoping really) that with all the drama concerning the 2nd pick, and with our having more picks than just about anyone on day 2,  that they might choose us for a live war  cam video site.

It would be fun to see AP, DQ and the scouts behind the scenes live.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

working the WR numbers.  Wow, Jacksaint with a 4.81 brutal, lol, i guess am off of him as a later round want

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 8.31.54 PM.png

I want big old Johnny Wilson.

I know he's got his issues, but we need some damn size at receiver.

All our guys are munchkins.

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

@Skinsinparadise Malachi Corley?

👍? 👎?

I forgot Corley.  I like him, don't love him as much as some do here.  He had the lowest by far average per depth as far as to his receptions among the Wrs I charted.  You throw him hitches, screens, shallow crossers and he takes off.  YAC guy obviously.  

Somewhat one dimensional but his superweapon, YAC is a really good one.  Early third round works for me with him. 

the WRs I really want bad in that 2nd round are McConkey, Pearsall, R. Wilson.  If Burton's character checked out, he'd be in that group.  

I'd get jazzed too for Legette or Poll --late 2nd or early 3rd though some boom-bust in them.   Corley probably after those two.

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I want big old Johnny Wilson.

I know he's got his issues, but we need some damn size at receiver.

All our guys are munchkins.

I am good with Johnny Wilson, some boom-bust in him IMO but i like throwing the dice on measures when I go boom-bust and Wilson certainly has big time measurables.  I like his teammate, Coleman a little bit more but its close for me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

I dunno.  I actual think he could be REALLY good.  He runs good routes and he’s so smooth. 

I think he was screwed by the offense a bit.  The WCO concept is you throw it to the guy with the best matchup.  I’m sure Howell was coached to do exactly that.

What Reid and Mahomes do so well is find ways in the context of the offense to make sure all the playmakers get opportunities to keep them involved and interested.

EB failed miserably at that.  And I think it caused Dotson to press, which led to drops.

I think if they could get a few balls to him early on some quick stuff, he could have an outstanding season.

The one thing to keep in mind though: there are only so many pass attempts in a game, and if they’re going to try and protect the QB with a run game, if you only have 30 attempts a game, you’ve got to be careful to get everybody their touches.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

working the WR numbers.  Wow, Jacksaint with a 4.81 brutal, lol, i guess am off of him as a later round want

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 8.31.54 PM.png

What about Tahj Washington as a late round pick?  

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Gimme your receiver rankings, numbers four through eight.

Mine are:

Odunze

AD Mitchell

McConkey

Legette

Roman Wilson. 

I have Thomas #3 over Odunze. I think he is more dangerous after the catch. Mitchell to me is CeeDee light. I love the guy as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1