Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I’d rather have Sinnot than Sanders. He’s more in the mold of the guys who are having the biggest impact in the league at that position and if they like Ertz…  Probably also a later pick than Sanders.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 5

Watched a little Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint.

As a later round Wr, very intriguing to me on initial watch.  Good hands.  0% drop rate this season.  Not killer speed but decent play speed from what I saw. Physical blocker in the run game.  Seemed to be good seperating on the 2nd level on crossers in the game I watched.  Was playing X,Y, and Z.  And in motion quite a bit. 

I read an interview where he called himself a good locker room guy, culture builder. 

I liked Jauan Jennings years back as a late round WR in part because of his physicality and blocking.  Marcus isn't quite as physical ss him but is in that same brand from what I saw IMO.  Ideal tyoe for a #4 Wr. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’d rather have Sinnot than Sanders. He’s more in the mold of the guys who are having the biggest impact in the league at that position and if they like Ertz…  Probably also a later pick than Sanders.

I actually think he’s going first now, he’s a solid 2 in mocks and I think Sanders slips to 3rd. Sanders can’t block and his RAS scores were ****. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

I actually think he’s going first now, he’s a solid 2 in mocks and I think Sanders slips to 3rd. Sanders can’t block and his RAS scores were ****. 

Yeah he is a tough guy who can do it all and could be lined up or moved any where including at FB in goal line situations.I'd love to see him and BRob in the backfield together

His quickness will allow him to separate and has good hands to help him become a good friend for our future QB. Yeah he won't be able to stretch the field but I figure we will have plenty of other weapons taking care of that business. Brings a lot to the table for our new OC including the great blocking ability 

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Yep.  I don't want them to get Nabers and Penix.  That feels like a horrible outcome.  I want them to get Joe Alt and Bo Nix.

Boy would the Alt/Nix outcome be great. It would give me the same happy feeling as when the selected Danny Dimes at pick 6. Even when they took Eli Apple and Evan Engrram with other poor 1st round selections. Kind of like they say about our first rounder last year. Heck, they ended our with Banks at 24 thanks to RR and JDR

Hate them bringing in another elite weapon like Nabers then grab a guy like Penix who can sling the rock to them

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Boy would the Alt/Nix outcome be great. It would give me the same happy feeling as when the selected Danny Dimes at pick 6. Even when they took Eli Apple and Evan Engrram with other poor 1st round selections. Kind of like they say about our first rounder last year. Heck, they ended our with Banks at 24 thanks to RR and JDR

Hate them bringing in another elite weapon like Nabers then grab a guy like Penix who can sling the rock to them

Penix is the QB who scares me in this class.  Nobody is going to take him early even though his film the past two years is in Maye/Williams territory.  His age and injury history ensure he won't cost premium QB resources, but they could be irrelevant factors once he is in the league.  It feels like he's the most NFL ready guy too, and that he could be good out of the gate and win OROTY if he winds up on a team where he can start day one.  I just don't want the Giants getting that kind of bump for a second round pick.

Also really don't want to have to play against Nabers.  I'm hoping the Chargers pick him.

But I'm also scared the Giants will pick Bowers too.  He'd be just as big a problem as Nabers.  I think he's actually better than Nabers and Harrison Jr, and have him #3 on my board.

• Like 2

Yous guys are nuts hoping the Giants grab Nix. That could suck for us. Best case is they have to wait out for Rattler or someone late and go into next season with nobody who can play. Even if they get JJ and he ends up another Simms or Smith and sits a year, and they build a team for him it doesn't bode well for us. Next year they won' have a shot at the top QB in a weak QB draft.

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Penix is the QB who scares me in this class.  Nobody is going to take him early even though his film the past two years is in Maye/Williams territory.  His age and injury history ensure he won't cost premium QB resources, but they could be irrelevant factors once he is in the league.  It feels like he's the most NFL ready guy too, and that he could be good out of the gate and win OROTY if he winds up on a team where he can start day one.  I just don't want the Giants getting that kind of bump for a second round pick.

Also really don't want to have to play against Nabers.  I'm hoping the Chargers pick him.

But I'm also scared the Giants will pick Bowers too.  He'd be just as big a problem as Nabers.  I think he's actually better than Nabers and Harrison Jr, and have him #3 on my board.

While I figure you will receive some arguments on Penix being the most NFLready, absolutely see that. I am and have been a fan of his even with that long release. I still think he worked on it and adjusted it some this past season. I do not think he makes it to the 2nd round even though he does have a checkered injury history, the release, the horrible championship game and his age.

I do not want any of those elite weapons ending out in NY unless its with the Jets.

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

While I figure you will receive some arguments on Penix being the most NFLready, absolutely see that. I am and have been a fan of his even with that long release. I still think he worked on it and adjusted it some this past season. I do not think he makes it to the 2nd round even though he does have a checkered injury history, the release, the horrible championship game and his age.

I do not want any of those elite weapons ending out in NY unless its with the Jets.

There are plenty of team who will need a QB this year or next and there's a big drop off after Nix and Penix, so it wouldn't shock me to see them go late first. A team like Dallas who isn't resigning Dak needs QB depth on their bench.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yous guys are nuts hoping the Giants grab Nix. That could suck for us. Best case is they have to wait out for Rattler or someone late and go into next season with nobody who can play. Even if they get JJ and he ends up another Simms or Smith and sits a year, and they build a team for him it doesn't bode well for us. Next year they won' have a shot at the top QB in a weak QB draft.

I mean, I'd rather they take Hartman or Milton or no QB at all. I don't have the some view of Nix as others and believe Penix has more NFL potential, especially if he ends out on a team with a good line and weapons

• Like 1

Nix wouldn't scare me at all. He's a dink and dunk game manager, basically Alex Smith best case scenario.

A healthy Penix on a good team would be scary. Honestly if I'm Miami I'd take him and trade Tua. You probably get 90% of Tua's production at like 10% of the cost and his lack of mobility won't matter since the Dolphins offense is all about getting rid of the ball in like 1.5 seconds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not fast but really solid corner IMO

I really like Melton at #67.  :)  No higher; no lower.  Means I got to change my wishlist in my sig.  LOL

Edited by RWJ

Obviously, this is just a fan's perspective... But the TE talent is really uninspiring in this year's draft class. I do believe good NFL TE's can be unearthed and developed over time so there is a glass half full factor there.

As far as Commies go, I wonder what the health of Rogers is looking like as it has been quite a long time since he was hurt so he should be full go for team activities. Cole Turner I've sort of lost all hope for at this point.

1 minute ago, Bantu said:

Obviously, this is just a fan's perspective... But the TE talent is really uninspiring in this year's draft class. I do believe good NFL TE's can be unearthed and developed over time so there is a glass half full factor there.

As far as Commies go, I wonder what the health of Rogers is looking like as it has been quite a long time since he was hurt so he should be full go for team activities. Cole Turner I've sort of lost all hope for at this point.

I’ve moved Turner to the back burner as well, not necessarily writing him off, but no expecting anything either.  The one thing I’ll say is that while Thomas was a vet (and a good dude), I think Ertz likely brings a bit more knowledge of the position, so its possible that leadership/mentorship, plus Turner going into his 3rd year improves his chances of breaking out a bit.  I’m not holding my breath of course.  And those same things apply to Rogers as well, who has the added benefit of a bit more athleticism than Turner.

All of that said, I can’t see this staff being content with this group.  The good news is that Ertz/Bates are a decent 1/2 in terms of their roles.  Gotta be difficult going into a 3rd offense in 3 years for Bates/Turner/Rogers, but hopefully the transition will be a little smoother for them as they’ve seen/learned more from their time in the league to date.

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

I’ve moved Turner to the back burner as well, not necessarily writing him off, but no expecting anything either.  The one thing I’ll say is that while Thomas was a vet (and a good dude), I think Ertz likely brings a bit more knowledge of the position, so its possible that leadership/mentorship, plus Turner going into his 3rd year improves his chances of breaking out a bit.  I’m not holding my breath of course.  And those same things apply to Rogers as well, who has the added benefit of a bit more athleticism than Turner.

All of that said, I can’t see this staff being content with this group.  The good news is that Ertz/Bates are a decent 1/2 in terms of their roles.  Gotta be difficult going into a 3rd offense in 3 years for Bates/Turner/Rogers, but hopefully the transition will be a little smoother for them as they’ve seen/learned more from their time in the league to date.

Well said and right where I land on TE's. I was a big fan of Turner in college and once we drafted him. I still think he has a lot to offer a team but not sure he will be able to get the staff to look past his limitations with Ertz's age and Bates limitations. Same goes for the more athletic but not as versed as Rogers. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Bantu said:

Last years TE class was electric.  Stunning that Ron blew it off and I and some others whined about that in real time.

With this class Bowers is of course great.

The next three IMO has a tier:  Sinnott, Stover, Sanders.    Some say Theo Johnson but not me, to me he's a tier below them.  But that 2nd tier to me now would be the third tier in last years draft.

Been watching a bit more of those three TEs to seperate them.  i think I'd go with Sinnott as my top of those three in that next tier.

I am a sucker generally for do it all TEs who can play anywhere, inline, wide, slot, backfield, can block and are good athletes.  So on those counts, Sinnott seems built in a lab for my liking.  But my issue with him is he's just OK at seperating and is good but not great with the ball in his hands. 

Watched an interview of him, he comes off smart and high character.  So he'd be my guy i think after Bowers.  I'd be good with Sanders and Stover, too but don't love any of them.

As for the tier after that, I am OK with Theo Johnson.  But if I had to go with a third tier TE it would be Jared Wiley.

I can get jazzed though about Sinnott because I am jazzed about his upside.   He's only 21.  If I had to pick one in that next three who can emerge as the best pro, I'd go with him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I can barely find squat on Cupp, but he was the highest ranked TE out of High School ever. Had some injuries that derailed him. He wanted to do another year in college, but was out of eligibility. Freak athlete and a good blocker. I'm hoping that we have some ties to Texas Tech still, because if he gets to sit a year and get completely healthy, he could be a top TE in the league. Still my favorite guy after Sinnott at TE.

Jordan Reid is everywhere during Pro Day season.  That's pretty cool.  I liked listening to him do commentary for Jayden's Pro Day yesterday, and I assume he's hitting Duke and UNC today.

It always felt like he was a smarter and more experienced one of us.

• Like 4

10) Malik Washington, Virginia

Malik Washington is one of my favorite slot receiver prospects in the draft. He added kick returns to his arsenal in 2023, and while he didn’t break many huge returns, he gained valuable experience at the position.

Washington is a solid route runner who could find immediate success on offense and as a kick returner, even if he goes in the fifth round or later.

7) Will Shipley, Clemson

In my opinion, the new rule fits Will Shipley‘s skill set better than any other player on this list. Now, pure speed is less important than vision and explosiveness, and Shipley has plenty of the latter two (though he doesn’t lack the former).

Shipley’s acceleration should allow him to slip through small gaps. And as return teams begin to implement running schemes into returns, his extensive experience as a running back will make him a prime return candidate.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-10-kick-returners-2024-nfl-draft-class/

• Like 2

#9 on his list, Tyrone Tracy is one of my guys too.  I really like Shipley too, and I'm looking forward to watching Washington upon your recommendation KB.

I feel like people might be thinking about Antonio Gibson when they see Tracy's profile, but that's not an apt comparison despite their background of making a late switch from WR to RB.  Gibson was all power and aggression and raw athleticism.  It wasn't tempered with vision or patience.  Tracy's vision is bizarrely excellent for someone with so little experience running between the tackles.  He almost approaches inside gap runs like a kick returner--following all of his blocks, finding creases, and stringing together moves way downfield.  He's an elite athlete too, with a 9.64 RAS.

Most places have him rated in the 170s, and I feel like he's a nice 3rd/4th RB option because he can make his home on ST coverage and return teams.  He'll be a cheaper option than Malik Washington and Will Shipley, who are ranked about 50 slots higher.

27 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Jordan Reid is everywhere during Pro Day season.  That's pretty cool.  I liked listening to him do commentary for Jayden's Pro Day yesterday, and I assume he's hitting Duke and UNC today.

It always felt like he was a smarter and more experienced one of us.

He is good and unlike most of the others he isnt a hot take guy looking for attention or comes off arrogant.  

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

10) Malik Washington, Virginia

Malik Washington is one of my favorite slot receiver prospects in the draft. He added kick returns to his arsenal in 2023, and while he didn’t break many huge returns, he gained valuable experience at the position.

Washington is a solid route runner who could find immediate success on offense and as a kick returner, even if he goes in the fifth round or later.

7) Will Shipley, Clemson

In my opinion, the new rule fits Will Shipley‘s skill set better than any other player on this list. Now, pure speed is less important than vision and explosiveness, and Shipley has plenty of the latter two (though he doesn’t lack the former).

Shipley’s acceleration should allow him to slip through small gaps. And as return teams begin to implement running schemes into returns, his extensive experience as a running back will make him a prime return candidate.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-10-kick-returners-2024-nfl-draft-class/

I touted Shipley in real time during the season but  havent rewatched, I need to do that. In the 5th round range hed be a good get 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He is good and unlike most of the others he isnt a hot take guy looking for attention or comes off arrogant.  

I touted Shipley in real time during the season but  havent rewatched, I need to do that. In the 5th round range hed be a good get 

I remember you mentioning him. Something tells me that STs are going to be more important than ever this season and if you can score on kick offs, you can really demoralize a team.

We do seem to be focusing on the back end of the roster.

• Like 2