Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Penix just has no interest in putting any weight or pressure in his right leg. And that was before the ankle. Makes his throwing motion look horrid at times. I am going to be interested to see what his medicals look like. We will know on draft night by how far he falls. 

Yeah, I thought he was completely healthy. Something happened. Because he is not. He is definitely tumbling into the 2nd round.  

• Like 1

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Those who are question Penix are not understanding the game. The injury to Washington running back is letting Michigan stop the run with light boxes. He is throwing against 4 man rush with pressure most downs. 

No

• Like 1

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Those who are question Penix are not understanding the game. The injury to Washington running back is letting Michigan stop the run with light boxes. He is throwing against 4 man rush with pressure most downs. 

Which means now he’s playing the same game Williams and Maye were playing all year…

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Against a better defense than either of those two faced.

Williams gashed Oregon's defense. That is a damn good defense. But you are right. Not Michigans. 

Edit: Oh and Williams did it with no OL or WR;s.

Edited by clskinsfan

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah he has not impressed at all either 

Going to be interesting to see if Peters accept the GM and whatever duties/titles they give him.  Harris made a key move in hiring Peter's longtime friend to seal the deal and as I have mentioned I think Mayhew has been interviewed for the GM position.  Who does Peters take as his field general with HC being onboard?  Williams, Daniels or Maye?  Some fun times ahead. 

Edited by RWJ

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Which means now he’s playing the same game Williams and Maye were playing all year…

Look up Williams stats vs ranked opponents. 6 touchdowns 6 interceptions with 51 percent completion percentage. I am not saying Penix is a great quarterback but with an average running game, he would be different tonight.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Look up Williams stats vs ranked opponents. 6 touchdowns 6 interceptions with 51 percent completion percentage.

With no OL or WR's. Look up Williams drops against ranked opponents. Then get back to us. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Williams gashed Oregon's defense. That is a damn good defense. But you are right. Not Michigans. 

Edit: Oh and Williams did it with no OL or WR;s.

I agree with you. But this defense is next level. Just interesting to watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

These offenses are just so boring..run,run,run,or short pass..

Washington is usually not. They throw the ball a lot.  Penix is usually accurate. His RB is hurt. He does not look 100%.  Both D's have stepped up this half. And Michigan is effectively getting pressure and so are the Huskies.

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Seems like a weird equivalent since he is playing the best team in the nation in the championship 

wouldn’t say the same game or level of competition if comparing this game 

Why does Herbstreit keep saying “ACC officials let it go!”

Yes, we know. They announced it was an ACC crew. We get it.

Guess he doesn’t want anyone to think the ACC was left out of the playoff :ols:

• Haha 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Why does Herbstreit keep saying “ACC officials let it go!”

Yes, we know. They announced it was an ACC crew. We get it.

Guess he doesn’t want anyone to think the ACC was left out of the playoff :ols:

Because ACC officials are the worst in all sports.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Williams had a very good back.

Was it not clear I was referring to throwing against pressure from 4-man rush?

I actually think Maye had a good RB as well in Hampton. But it’s not the point about the injured RB that matters — it’s the fact that now Penix can’t stand there comfortably and work his progressions, and all of a sudden the accuracy/placement is spotty and the decisions are shaky and the bailing-out throws are coming. Which happens to every young QB when they’re seeing consistent, heavy pressure — even ones who have been playing college QB since Kirk Cousins was still a Redskin.

It just highlights the point that trying to compare these guys one-to-one based on stats or metrics is mostly a waste of time. If Penix had been under siege all year like Williams and Maye were, he wouldn’t have looked nearly so clean on paper. That’s become pretty clear so far this evening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Goodness there seems to be a lot of defensive holding which isn’t getting called. 

College offenses are so hard to watch and then translate to the NFL.  

I haven’t watched a lot of the game but the bit I have watched, I don’t love Penix’s fundamentals and he seems slow with the ball.  Concerns me from the “throw with anticipation” perspective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Goodness there seems to be a lot of defensive holding which isn’t getting called. 

College offenses are so hard to watch and then translate to the NFL.  

I haven’t watched a lot of the game but the bit I have watched, I don’t love Penix’s fundamentals and he seems slow with the ball.  Concerns me from the “throw with anticipation” perspective. 

There's a clear gap between the top 3 QBs and the Tier 2 guys it appears.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Was it not clear I was referring to throwing against pressure from 4-man rush?

I actually think Maye had a good RB as well in Hampton. But it’s not the point about the injured RB that matters — it’s the fact that now Penix can’t stand there comfortably and work his progressions, and all of a sudden the accuracy/placement is spotty and the decisions are shaky and the bailing-out throws are coming. Which happens to every young QB when they’re seeing consistent, heavy pressure — even ones who have been playing college QB since Kirk Cousins was still a Redskin.

It just highlights the point that trying to compare these guys one-to-one based on stats or metrics is mostly a waste of time. If Penix had been under siege all year like Williams and Maye were, he wouldn’t have looked nearly so clean on paper. That’s become pretty clear so far this evening.

Nope. Wasn’t clear. But I overall agree with you here. It’s why tonight was so important in evaluating Penix. He failed.