Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

I am putting all my chips on the Georgia trial. Trump will successfully delay the documents trial until after the election, Judge Cannon has already shown to be incompetent and partial  and will steer Trump clear of the federal charges he is obviously guilty of. I have lost all faith in our criminal justice system, at least at the federal level.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am putting all my chips on the Georgia trial. Trump will successfully delay the documents trial until after the election, Judge Cannon has already shown to be incompetent and partial  and will steer Trump clear of the federal charges he is obviously guilty of. I have lost all faith in our criminal justice system, at least at the federal level.  

Curious why you left out the Smith DC trial.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because that is also a federal trial and I happen to believe Trump will win the Presidency again successfully delay and then when he wins squash it altogether. 

Okay.  You pointed to the judge in Florida.  I'm curious what you think the issue will be in DC.  Not arguing with you, just interested your take.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because that is also a federal trial and I happen to believe Trump will win the Presidency again successfully delay and then when he wins squash it altogether. 

That trial will be over long before the election.  He'll be found guilty and will be in the middle of appeal if he wins.  I suppose he could try and pardon himself.  Not sure that will fly constitutionally.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Okay.  You pointed to the judge in Florida.  I'm curious what you think the issue will be in DC.  Not arguing with you, just interested your take.

As I stated I believe Trump will be successful in his play to delay until after the election, if he wins (which I believe is more likely than not) he will simply kill it.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

As I stated I believe Trump will be successful in his play to delay until after the election, if he wins (which I believe is more likely than not) he will simply kill it.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to get the Florida trial delayed.  Judge Chutkan in DC isn't messing around and will keep her timeline.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I hope you are right.  But the GA case is the best hope IMO.  

On Monday Judge Chutkan will have a hearing on the request for a limited gag order.  It should be a good indication of where she stands.  If she doesn't implement a gag order I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, China said:

On Monday Judge Chutkan will have a hearing on the request for a limited gag order.  It should be a good indication of where she stands.  If she doesn't implement a gag order I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.

A proposed gag order on Trump in his federal election case is putting the judge in a tricky position

A proposed gag order aimed at reining in Donald Trump’s incendiary rhetoric puts the judge overseeing his federal election interference case in a tricky position: She must balance the need to protect the integrity of the legal proceedings against the First Amendment rights of a presidential candidate to defend himself in public.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan will hear arguments Monday in Washington over whether Trump has gone too far with remarks such as calling prosecutors a “team of thugs” and one possible witness “a gutless pig.”

It is the biggest test yet for Chutkan, underscoring the unprecedented complexities of prosecuting the former Republican president as the judge vows not to let political considerations guide her decisions.

Ending the stream of Trump’s harsh language would make the case easier to manage. But among the difficult questions Chutkan must navigate is how any gag order might be enforced and how one could be fashioned that does not risk provoking Trump’s base and fueling his claims of political persecution as he campaigns to retake the White House in 2024.

Click on the link for the full article

I still think she'll put a gag order in place.  The real test will be when he breaks it (and he will, because he can't help himself), how or will they enforce it?

6 hours ago, China said:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So if Trump wins and brings democracy back, is he guaranteeing that books will come back to the classrooms? What about the ones in the public libraries? 

will teachers be treated fairly? Abortion rights be upheld and women being in full control over their bodies? 

Will we get fair elections back from the red states that have changed their voting rules? what about Florida where it has been gerrymandered and they will no longer have any blue counties? Can we make it fair there to where everyone’s vote will will be received properly and fairly?

Will he willingly go to jail knowing that he and so many others attacked this country in the name of dictatorship and trying to over throw it?

Will democracy start pushing out the right wing nazi supporters? Will we have any more white nationalist/racist republicans speaking at these ****heads events? 

oh wait, is it ****head or is it skinhead? I forget. Eh, they’re synonyms, doesn’t matter.

I can’t believe anyone can take him seriously about bringing democracy back when he tried to over throw it. 

so sick of these assholes

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1