Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

I wish our government wasn’t this dysfunctional. I guess this is what happens when uneducated (not necessarily degrees, but the people who refuse to read and govern with their brains and not with their feelings) extremists take over. 

Is it funny? yeah sometimes, but mostly it just sucks. While they are verbally masturbating each other, we the people are stuck with this bull**** and it  really affects our lives. We the people could do something about this, we outnumber them, but we won’t. We will sit back and angrily type on a keyboard, blame each other and vote even though our votes are merely suggestions and are weighed differently than others. 

The whole situation sucks long hairy curly donkey balls with lice. 

On 10/10/2023 at 12:16 AM, Fergasun said:

As a political observer for so many years, the GOP will try to solve this themselves.  

I am really not convinced it will be Gym Jordan for speaker.  This is the name the 40 or so on the House Freedom Caucus are backing, and I think they are doing it loudly.  There are more moderates in the conference. It seemed like they wanted an agreement that whoever got then most votes in their conference caucus/primary receives the speakership and they want the vote to be unanimous. 

It is possible the GOP can't elect a speaker on Wednesday.  Even if they can't I would think they would do something with the rules before asking for Dem support on their speaker.  This seems like it would be extreme... 

I am just quoting this because the hardliners don't seem to understand what it means for them to vote "NO" on someone when your political party just agreed that it should be a united vote.  And there is only room for 5 or so holdouts. 

I see that they won't actually vote, because hardliners still want to hardline.  "TRUMP WANTED JORDAN", tough nuts. Many mods may not think Trumo is the party.   GOP circlular firing squad.  Both moderstes and conservatives showing a lot of bad blood.  

Oh, I hope Trump won't jump into the fray!

If they keep it up we will get a speakerless House and the GOP will be telling us how the speaker is a useless job anyway.  Give it a week more of this circular firing squad.  But somehow "THIS IS THE DEMS FAULT!!"

• Thumb down 1