Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Elimination Day

KDawg

4 hours ago, TMK9973 said:

No way justifying the 4th and 1 call. Terrible call. Even worse that you don't have BRob on the field!

But you cant call the QB over the top extend the ball play anywhere other then goal line.

At goal line as soon as ball breaks plane it's a TD.

4th and 1 he does that and a LB smacks the ball out it's a fumble.

But a reg QB sneak, or any handoff to Brob would have been enough 

No, I know you don't call a leap on 4th and 1. My point was we could have drawn up any other play up the gut (including a qb sneak) that would've been more succcessful. Sorry I didn't clarify myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drfustercluck said:

No, I know you don't call a leap on 4th and 1. My point was we could have drawn up any other play up the gut (including a qb sneak) that would've been more succcessful. Sorry I didn't clarify myself.

I didn't love the leap call either, but the read option on the previous play was brilliant.  Unfortunately their backup safety was playing like Ronnie Lott yesterday.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed was that Wentz made Terry non-existence again and relied on the rookie Dotson more instead. At least TH knew who is the BEST WR on the team. He gave Terry chances like this and now Terry is in the Pro Bowl because of it. 

When Carson threw to Terry....:(

• Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

They lost to a team that just sort of hung around on the field waiting for every 5th play or so to gain yards.  It was pathetic.  The only good drive of the game by the offense was to end the half and surprise surprise it is when Scott Turner actually went back to the run heavy play calling.   Wentz sucked, period.  Maaaaan was I wrong about his ceiling, however I couldn't believe I was actually watching them throw Wentz out there without the run-centric offense.  I feel like the coaching staff was all but promising that putting Wentz in would not totally change the play calling and emphasis back to what it was prior to the Heinicke run, but they did exactly that sanz for one drive, in which they scored a TD.

Fire them all, today.

Actually they were quite run heavy.  Yes, it wound up as 33 pass plays called to 35 runs*, but 12 of those pass plays (vs 1 run) were in the final 3 drives after going down by 14.  In other words, it was 34 runs to 21 passes to that point… a higher percentage of run plays than most of Heinicke’s games I believe. 

*I included the sacks and qb scrambles (minus the RPO Wentz kept) as pass plays.

But yes, it was an overall pathetic performance.

17 hours ago, Drfustercluck said:

You think with the OL you have and a tough rookie RB going forward would be your best option.  Would be the call and nobody would be second guessing.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:37 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Efe Obada should have pulled a star or two. He was a bright spot in a sparkling sea of pig poop.

I believe @KDawg offered him a star or two, but Obada whiffed on the exchange... (my bad).

On 1/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, Warhead36 said:

There is no reason not to play Howell

Yep, at this point there is not no reason not to not start him.

• Haha 2