Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

At this point,  I really don’t care if they make the playoffs or not!   Even if they manage to win the last 2 games, I feel like they will be just backing in!  If the only way they can beat Dallas is for them to be resting players.  Than what’s the point!  It will just be one more game for me to get pissed off with play calling and conservative play.  Always hated the play not too lose approach!  Famous trait of the Norve Turner game plans!  Now Scott Turner seems to play the same way!   

okay, I’m ranting and still pissed from the stink of the last three games!  So I should just end this now! Merry Christmas everyone!   Sorry for feeling more like the grinch!!!   Lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Failure to make the playoffs would more fully ensure Snyder sells, and nothing in the NFL universe would make me happier. I am a Packers fan now that the Redskins no longer exist, and they might actually do something whereas the Commies will be easily knocked out in the first game.

If you’re a Packers fan, then why care what happens with this team.

Shouldn’t you be over at a Packers mb posting?

As for the team being sold, it’s happening. You got 5-7 bidders and all are bidding higher than expected. I figure after the New Years, the weakest bids will be weeded out. BOA will go for a second round, if there’s 2 or more bidders left. Try to get an even higher price.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Packers losing would make the Commaders losing almost irrelevant…

I wouldn’t say that. Washington had TWO weeks to put a stranglehold on a playoff spot and failed miserably. We still control our own destiny, but we still have the Lions and Seahawks nipping at their heels. Losing those last two games has made the last two weeks must wins because I doubt the Lions lose both of their last two games. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I wouldn’t say that. Washington had TWO weeks to put a stranglehold on a playoff spot and failed miserably. We still control our own destiny, but we still have the Lions and Seahawks nipping at their heels. Losing those last two games has made the last two weeks must wins because I doubt the Lions lose both of their last two games. 

The Lions play the Bears and the Packers next. 

Currently, Detroit sits in the same playoff position as they entered Week 16 in. They are currently a half-game out of a playoff spot.  

The best scenario for Detroit is to finish the 2022 season by defeating the Bears and the Packers. Both the Commanders and Seahawks each must lose one more game. If that scenario does not occur, the Giants must lose two more games. 

Unfortunately, the Lions could be facing elimination all together from the postseason following the conclusion of Week 17. 

GO BEARS!!! lions_suck1.gif.565c99640608c853abc590e90b1ab79a.gif

Edited by zCommander
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I said “almost” lol…but the main point I was getting at was that we were previously saying we could clench a wildcard against the Browns…if all the teams fighting for a wildcard spot this weekend lose, securing a playoff spot against the Browns is still possible. And 4 weeks ago people said “I doubt the Lions lose any of their last 4 games.” 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The Lions play the Bears and the Packers next. 

Currently, Detroit sits in the same playoff position as they entered Week 16 in. They are currently a half-game out of a playoff spot.  

The best scenario for Detroit is to finish the 2022 season by defeating the Bears and the Packers. Both the Commanders and Seahawks each must lose one more game. If that scenario does not occur, the Giants must lose two more games. 

Unfortunately, the Lions could be facing elimination all together from the postseason following the conclusion of Week 17. 

If Washington win their last two games, there’s no way the Lions or Seahawks get in. Washington just can’t slip up vs Cleveland next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think we'll have to wait until the last game of the season to see if we get in I don't think the Lions will lose to the Bears, but MAYBE the Packers. We need to win against the Browns. That's a bigger game as far as going to the playoffs than the Giants game. After all, if the seeds still hold, than the Giants go to SF. I don't want to go thru that headache again for the first playoff game. Why do I feel that the league doesn't want 3 wild cards from the NFCE., and WE'RE the guinea pigs.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I think we'll have to wait until the last game of the season to see if we get in I don't think the Lions will lose to the Bears, but MAYBE the Packers. We need to win against the Browns. That's a bigger game as far as going to the playoffs than the Giants game. After all, if the seeds still hold, than the Giants go to SF. I don't want to go thru that headache again for the first playoff game. Why do I feel that the league doesn't want 3 wild cards from the NFCE., and WE'RE the guinea pigs.

Just win our last two games and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just win two games. That's it. We don't have to worry about anyone else. Win two home games, one against a team below .500 who is eliminated and the other a team that likely has nothing to play for, and we're in. 

If you can't manage to win 9 games you don't deserve to get in anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Just win two games. That's it. We don't have to worry about anyone else. Win two home games, one against a team below .500 who is eliminated and the other a team that likely has nothing to play for, and we're in. 

If you can't manage to win 9 games you don't deserve to get in anyway.

Someone earlier on this thread (kleese?) mentioned retiring the “if we can’t (fill in the blank), we don’t deserve the playoffs” argument. I agree with them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1