Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Presidential Election- 11/5/2024 : Prosecutor/Coach vs Felon/Couch *******

88Comrade2000

49 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Who's been charged and/or found guilty of insurrection  ?

"Historical precedent also confirms that a criminal conviction is not required for an individual to be disqualified under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment. No one who has been formally disqualified under Section 3 was charged under the criminal “rebellion or insurrection” statute (18 U.S.C. § 2383) or its predecessors. This fact is consistent with Section 3’s text, legislative history, and precedent, all of which make clear that a criminal conviction for any offense is not required for disqualification. Section 3 is not a criminal penalty, but rather is a qualification for holding public office in the United States that can be and has been enforced through civil lawsuits in state courts, among other means."

• Thumb up 4

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This fact is consistent with Section 3’s text, legislative history, and precedent, all of which make clear that a criminal conviction for any offense is not required for disqualification.

O.k.

But was he even charged with that ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/12/20/colorado-supreme-court-ballot-decision-helped-trump/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/12/20/colorado-trump-ballott-supreme-court/

I was actually surprised that over 20 percent of Republicans would support the Colorado decision. That might just reflect the GOP voters who ate going for Haley or DeSantis in the primary, but if it shows 20 percent of the GOP wouldn't vote for Trump in the general, then maybe Joe has a chance to defy my prediction of Donald part 2.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I was actually surprised that over 20 percent of Republicans would support the Colorado decision. That might just reflect the GOP voters who ate going for Haley or DeSantis in the primary, but if it shows 20 percent of the GOP wouldn't vote for Trump in the general, then maybe Joe has a chance to defy my prediction of Donald part 2.

Maybe but it’s Colorado. There are probably plenty of rhinos there… just saying. And then there will be others that say “well… Trump is a terrible person but he does have some good ideas”…. as to why they will allow themselves there indiscretion of voting for him. .

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Colorado has no jurisdiction to charge Trump for the J6 insurrection.

Edit:  All the Courts opinions commented on the graveness of the process.  It's not being done lightly.  J6 was a serious event.  

Yea, but then if a jury of his peers (or a judge) hasn’t convicted him of insurrection then who gets to decide what insurrection is? Were antifa protests insurrection or protest? Who draws the line? I think it has to be decided in court. 

We need to speed up all these court cases to bury him or put him in prison.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

O.k.

But was he even charged with that ?

He didn't have to be.

A suit was brought against him being on the ballot, and those who brought the suit to the courts needed to provide ample evidence that Trump was involved in an insurrection or gave aid and comfort to those who were (or both, which I believe the litigants were claiming both occurred). The courts then decide if they've made their case. Trump can appeal--or could have appealed but chose not to, I guess, since the first ruling was that he would still be allowed on the ballot. I do remember Trump's team putting forth "something" that basically said they were wanting the judge's ruling that 1) an attempted insurrection did indeed occur on Jan 6th, and 2) Trump played a role in it, to be overturned. They praised the judge for keeping him on the ballot but said the ruling that Trump took part in an insurrection attempt needed to be overturned (which of course they said that lol).

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

One time I was in Colorado for a football tournament and I decided to go on a walk but left my phone in the hotel. I asked somebody where there was a McDonald’s and he said, “McDonald’s? They’re everywhere!” And I’m like, “No ****. Let’s try this again… Suppose I want to get sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Which ****ing direction should I be walking?”

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

One time I was in Colorado for a football tournament and I decided to go on a walk but left my phone in the hotel. I asked somebody where there was a McDonald’s and he said, “McDonald’s? They’re everywhere!” And I’m like, “No ****. Let’s try this again… Suppose I want to get sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Which ****ing direction should I be walking?”

image.png.554632ab666bbd82cd07c61285b26595.png

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah, that’s another thing. I was actually right by the Denver airport when this happened… so nowhere near Denver.

My immediate thought reading your initial post was "sounds like East Denver". 

It's the kinda place where you see dready hippies running gas stations and restaurants. Totes bizzaro world. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My immediate thought reading your initial post was "sounds like East Denver". 

It's the kinda place where you see dready hippies running gas stations and restaurants. Totes bizzaro world. 🤣

I was close to commerce city and the guy I was talking to definitely did have dreads, and it definitely was in a gas station.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thumb up 1