Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think it was Rush Limbaugh (of all people) who said poll responses are basically protest votes. Those poll results back up his claims. Plus, they're probably interpreting the questions differently now than they did back in April:

April interpretation: "Is it OK for convicted felons to be president?"

June interpretation: "Is it OK for Trump to be president even though he was found guilty in his recent trial?"

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think it was Rush Limbaugh (of all people) who said poll responses are basically protest votes. Those poll results back up his claims. Plus, they're probably interpreting the questions differently now than they did back in April:

April interpretation: "Is it OK for convicted felons to be president?"

June interpretation: "Is it OK for Trump to be president even though he was found guilty in his recent trial?"

There's another possible explanation for the shift, though.  

Remember, back when it was revealed that Candidate Trump was being actively aided by the Russia?  

Republicans didn't change their opinion of Trump.  They changed their opinion of Russia.  Suddenly, among Republicans, the approval ratings for Russia were above 50%.  

One thing the Republicans have shown is their complete willingness to change their opinions on anything to "whatever I need it to be, so I can keep doing what I'm already doing."  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

WSJ put out a hit peace quoting gop pols that behind the scenes in their encounters with Biden; they notice he’s slipping.

Why don’t they say what it’s really like with Trump behind the scenes?

WSJ owners also own Fox. **** that rag...

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Deceased Congressman Wins New Jersey Primary

A Democratic congressman won his primary in New Jersey on Tuesday more than a month after he died following a heart attack.

Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-NJ) won the Democratic primary in New Jersey’s 10th Congressional District on Tuesday, uncontested, despite the fact that the congressman passed away on April 24 at the age of 65.

New Jersey’s filing deadline had already passed at the time of Payne’s death, resulting in the deceased congressman running uncontested in the 10th Congressional District. Republican candidate Carmen Bucco, who is very much alive, also won his party’s primary for the district uncontested.

According to the Washington Examiner, Democratic committee members for the 10th District will select a nominee to replace Payne on the general election ballot in November.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

I don't like Biden and I've been critical of his foreign policy gaffes, but let's be honest at the end of the day he is what is best for the LGBT and progressive movement as well as women's rights

Sadly dropping poll numbers are not looking good for him

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

WSJ put out a hit peace quoting gop pols that behind the scenes in their encounters with Biden; they notice he’s slipping.

Why don’t they say what it’s really like with Trump behind the scenes?

Pence aide turns tables on WSJ over Biden exposé: 'Happy to discuss Trump’s mental acuity

Hours after the Wall Street Journal published a bombshell report titled, Behind Closed Doors, Biden Shows Signs of Slipping, a former top aide to former Vice President Mike Pence seeks to offer the newspaper some insight into ex-President Donald Trump's "mental acuity & fitness for office" as well.

The Journal wrote in its Tuesday, June 4 article: "The 81-year-old Biden is the oldest person to hold the presidency. His age and cognitive fitness have become major issues in his campaign for a second term, both in the minds of voters and in attacks on him by Republicans. The White House and top aides said he remains a sharp and vigorous leader."

Former Vice President Mike Pence's Homeland Security Secretary Olivia Troye responded to Wall Street Journal's report via X (formerly Twitter) on Wednesday, writing: "Hope the Wall Street Journal feels free to reach out to any one of us who worked in the Trump Admin. Happy to discuss Trump’s mental acuity & fitness for office. We can start with the closed doors discussions on milkshakes during intel briefings, windmills causing cancer, what bleach does & doesn’t do & go from there…"

• Thumb down 1

Donald Trump's 'Foamy Saliva' in Campaign Video Raises Questions

In the footage, Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, urged his supporters to vote for him in "any way possible"—including by casting absentee and mail-in ballots, forms of voting that he had previously staunchly opposed. "Many Republicans like to vote on Election Day and we must swamp the radical Democrats with massive turnout on Tuesday, November 5," Trump said.

However, it was not Trump's words, but his spitting and the froth around his mouth in the clip that caught the attention of many on social media.

One X user quoted a medical article that says "foaming or frothing at the mouth occurs when excess saliva pools in the mouth or lungs and mixes with air. Causes include drug overdose, seizures, pulmonary edema, and rabies. It is usually a medical emergency."

So wait, Trump has rabies now too?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't like Biden and I've been critical of his foreign policy gaffes, but let's be honest at the end of the day he is what is best for the LGBT and progressive movement as well as women's rights

He's also best for the folks who aren't:

Racists

Xtian Nationalists 

Neo-nazis

Old School Nazis

Incels

Science deniers

Deniers of truth/reality in general when they don't like the truth/reality

Stupid/crazy/vile/malevolent

Ignorant yet arrogant

Terminally hypocritical

Devoid of a decently functioning moral/ethical  compass 

I could go on...

Those still stuck on "I hate both" or "I'm on the fence" will hopefully get to where they don't have to struggle so effing hard to choose Biden and a "never trump/**** maga" coalition  over "trump's gop/maga" world.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Racists

Xtian Nationalists 

Neo-nazis

Old School Nazis

Incels

Science deniers

Ignorant yet arrogant

Terminally hypocritical

I could go on...

Those still stuck on "I hate both" or "I'm on the fence" will hopefully get to where they don't have to struggle so effing hard to choose Biden and a "never trump/**** maga" coalition  over "trump's gop/maga" world.

You forgot flat Earthers.

FB_IMG_1664458472725.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Racists

Xtian Nationalists 

Neo-nazis

Old School Nazis

Incels

Science deniers

Ignorant yet arrogant

Terminally hypocritical

I could go on...

You aren't wrong. He is notoriously against paper straws and climate change regulations, bashing electric vehicles on the regular (even though Elon seems to be a growing friend of his.)

That said I am surprised that he is trending so well or that this race is so close. You would have thought all the violent rhetoric of retribution would trend him down by now but it's still a neck and neck race. Me thinks 50% of this country is down the rabbit hole too deep to be reasoned with.