Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Of the 21 NH delegates, Haley won 9.  Trump won 12.  All she has to do is win 30 to 40% of the delegates and she's the clear choice if Trump doesn't make it to August.

Will be interesting if Trump names an early VP and tries to pledge her delegates. 

Or Nikki could fold in 2 weeks.   Let's at least see if she can gain ground in South Carolina.

You are just fantasizing.

The only way Trump isn’t on the ballot in the fall, is if he’s dead.   It doesn’t matter if he’s convicted and sitting in a jail cell; he’ll still be the nominee.  His poll numbers, among gop probably even rises.

Nikki is done.  Trump gets 50% or more in SC.  She has no shot.  If Trump can’t finish, it will be whoever his veep candidate is.  Trump’s already threatening any donor that continues to give her money.

That mental competence ad of Biden’s on twitter, needs to go national.  All it is , is showing Trump’s gaffs and Haley pointing that out.

If Haley doesn’t drop out before SC, her campaign will definitely be over after SC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-anchor-abby-phillip-torches-nasty-social-media-troll-keith-olbermann

CNN anchor Abby Phillip fired back at Keith Olbermann on Wednesday morning, calling the ex-MSNBC star a “nasty social media troll” who has become irrelevant after he described her as an “absolute disaster” as a primetime host.

The social media kerfuffle between the two began after Olbermann took issue with Phillip’s analysis of the New Hampshire primary results.

Olbermann is a troll. Doesn't mean he was wrong.

Edited by The Evil Genius

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

He got thrown our for posting a pic with Alina Habba the day after she lied to the judge about feeling sick. 

This dude apparently is a yuge Trump fan too. 😁

Quality. It’s not like Habba wasn’t standing right behind Dump when he was giving his “victory” speech in NH. 

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess he’s just ignoring the fact that we went through a whole year of her, and everyone else except for Christie, being complete cowards and unwilling to call Trump out for any of his myriad faults. What, now that Haley has nothing to gain, now she’s all of a sudden become an attack dog?  Give me a break. 

Again, I personally think he was engaging in wishful thinking and that Nikki will capitulate in due time. However, we have a month left until the SC primary, and it'll be interesting to see how much she can irritate Trump in that timeframe, if she stays in that long.

The best part of the article to me was at the end, when he went through the policy arguments for choosing Trump and said "do people really want to chance overturning the constitutional order for a 25 percent reduction in illegal border crossings?"

Last night I was watching a long interview from 2022 with Douglas Murray, a British immigration hawk who would be a natural Trump ally. The interviewer came around to asking him about Trump and he even said that Trump had both houses of Congress in his first two years and did nothing but tweet. He also called Trump's actions on 1/6/21 very dangerous, even if he stopped short of using the I word. He said the biggest problem with American politics is that you have two sides who can't even agree on basic facts, and that it isn't sustainable.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/25/biden-administration-economic-growth-inflation-decrease-00137777

US growth shatters expectations, boosting Biden’s economic pitch

The U.S. economy is growing faster than expected as inflation falls, and the Biden administration is seizing the moment in a bid to counter one of the fiercest lines of attack by former President Donald Trump.

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that GDP expanded 3.1 percent in 2023, a year that began with heavy odds of a recession and closed out with fourth-quarter growth that blew away projections. The news comes during a week bookended by sales pitches from two top officials, White House economic adviser Lael Brainard and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. At the heart of their message: President Joe Biden’s strategy to help the middle class is working.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Nikki Haley Support Surges After Trump Threatens Her Donors

On Wednesday, Donald Trump escalated his criticisms of Nikki Haley by issuing a threat to ostracize individuals contributing to her campaign. Via Truth Social, he declared, “Anyone supporting Birdbrain from now on will be permanently excluded from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them.”

Haley’s resolute demeanor in her post-New Hampshire primary loss speech, along with her comments on Trump’s diminished sharpness due to recent gaffes and rambling speeches, seemed to provoke the former president’s ire.

Contrary to Trump’s intentions, the threat against Haley’s donors had an unintended effect, as individuals flocked to express their support for Haley on various platforms. Some accused Trump of employing “mob boss” tactics, drawing comparisons to the operations of the Mafia and cartels.

“This is how the Mafia and cartels operate,” journalist David Lazerus wrote.

Criticism mounted from different quarters, with users questioning the efficacy of Trump’s “mob boss” approach in winning over voters. The move to blacklist donors, especially in a race where Democrats are expected to outspend Republicans by hundreds of millions, drew skepticism.

“So… Trump has alienated Independents. He’s alienated DeSantis supporters. Now he’s alienating Haley supporters. Is there no one with balls enough on his team to tell him the whole ‘mob boss’ routine is not a winning strategy?” X user and “Reagan/DeSantis Republican” The Might Quinn wrote.

“Black-listing donors in a race Democrats are going to outspend Republicans by hundreds of millions. Great strategy,” wrote conservative blogger Bonchie.

Amidst the backlash, voices emerged encouraging donations to Nikki Haley’s campaign in defiance of Trump’s directive. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, China said:

“So… Trump has alienated Independents. He’s alienated DeSantis supporters. Now he’s alienating Haley supporters. Is there no one with balls enough on his team to tell him the whole ‘mob boss’ routine is not a winning strategy?”

1)  Not if they want to still be on his team 10 minutes from now.  

2)  And he wouldn't listen.  

• Thumb up 1

I don’t know what Haley is planning but I hope she can keep her fundraising up and stay in the race as long as possible. The more money trumps spends in the primary the less he has for the GE and the less time he campaigns against Biden. Drag it out as long as you can. Plus he’s getting really angry at her so it’s a good chance to show his lunacy to moderate and independent voters 

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, China said:

Nikki Haley Support Surges After Trump Threatens Her Donors

On Wednesday, Donald Trump escalated his criticisms of Nikki Haley by issuing a threat to ostracize individuals contributing to her campaign. Via Truth Social, he declared, “Anyone supporting Birdbrain from now on will be permanently excluded from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them.”

Haley’s resolute demeanor in her post-New Hampshire primary loss speech, along with her comments on Trump’s diminished sharpness due to recent gaffes and rambling speeches, seemed to provoke the former president’s ire.

AND SO FORTH

Click on the link for the full article

Yea as much as I wish this is true, the article is just a recitation of like a dozen snarky tweets. I wish young journalists would figure out that Twitter isn’t a good snapshot of reality writ large. 

Edit.  Although I guess if 12 additional people now support Nikki Haley, that would constitute a surge in support for her. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Put it on the ballot. See what happens, even I. Wisconsin 

UAW endorses Biden, call Trump a scab. Michigan 

Wisconsin bans abortion after 14 weeks. Wisconsin 

Only 4 more swing states. Hopefully Trump claims to be a Crimson Tide fan and ****s on Benjamin Franklin’s grave. 

Best outcome is if Boebert wins in the new (solidlyR) district and a Dem wins her old district. She’s nuts and a useful idiot for Dems to have as a characature of the insane right wing, and also if she has 2 more years in the public eye we will definitely get to see full frontal.