Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Boebert is such a loony tunes. I definitely don't want her getting a life pension from our tax dollars. She's still young enough to go out and work somewhere besides Congress.

Where is this silly idea that 2 term Congress people get pensions for life coming from? 

They get the same pension benefits every Federal employee gets and it vests after 5 years.  But they can't start earning it until retirement age - which I think is 62. 

So I guess a 1 term Senator would get it.  It's also based on a formula.  Pretty much you need to put in 30+ years to get about 1/3rd of your Federal Salary (average of high 3 years).  

38 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Where is this silly idea that 2 term Congress people get pensions for life coming from? 

From - the people who write the rules for congressional pay. 

• Like 1

d7_v5oH2_400x400.jpg

I don't know how people look at Watters and not see an over-stretched facelift or Johnny Tightlips. 

Also, if I were part of the deepstate. He would be an easy target to ruin. Like he could be setup for something criminal and embarrassing like the scene with Godfather II and Senator Geary. Only difference is, the deepstate would allow the cops to find Jessie with the dead hooker saying he doesn't remember what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the white folks in the South are comfortable with slavery and/or treating POC as slaves/subhumans. 

What Nikki doesn't get is that her parents would have been treated as subhumans and that includes herself. She'd be a housekeeper/childcare worker in someone's home instead of governor or United Nations ambassador.  Clueless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yea, that is a pretty disingenuous post.  Trump, as far as I know, in not in favor of a national abortion ban (although he did create the Court that made it possible and once called for women who get abortions to be "punished") and he's shown zero appetite for cutting social security or otherwise cutting any aspect of the budget.  Rather, he exploded the deficit by keeping the budget the same an massively cutting rich people taxes. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

On February 21, 2019, the silver-haired Harris, wearing a dark suit and an American flag lapel pin, took the witness stand in Raleigh on day four of the state board’s evidentiary hearing. 

He denied any knowledge of the illegal doings by Dowless, a convicted felon whom Harris had personally hired despite warnings from Harris’ own son. John Harris, an assistant U.S. attorney, had previously offered dramatic testimony about cautioning his father.

As Mark Harris was being questioned, his attorney stopped the proceedings. After taking a break to meet with his lawyers, Harris, still speaking under oath, read a statement: “Through the testimony I’ve listened to in the last three days … it’s become clear to me that the public’s confidence in the 9th district seat [in the] general election has been undermined to an extent that a new election is warranted.”

• Thumb down 2