Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The longer this goes the less likely Harris  remains in play. His best and final bid has been sitting there for over 3 weeks now. That was the first and goal tweet storm. If Snyder did not think he could do better he would have accepted it. 

We'll see, but how do you know Harris bid is final? For all we know their could be 3 bidders continuing to play around with their offers and how they're structured. I think the opposite could be true and that Dan is just trying to possibly hole out for better offers that never come?

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

We'll see, but how do you know Harris bid is final? For all we know their could be 3 bidders continuing to play around with their offers and how they're structured. I think the opposite could be true and that Dan is just trying to possibly hole out for better offers that never come?

Magic effectively said so in the today show. He said they put their bid in and he hopes it gets accepted.  

The end is close. The fact Snyder settled with the DC DA is good news for the sale. It puts an actual figure on one of the previous unknown liabilities.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Magic effectively said so in the today show. He said they put their bid in and he hopes it gets accepted.  

The end is close. The fact Snyder settled with the DC DA is good news for the sale. It puts an actual figure on one of the previous unknown liabilities.

I’d agree. The longer the gate is left open, Harris is getting left high and dry again, most probably.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The longer this goes the less likely Harris  remains in play. His best and final bid has been sitting there for over 3 weeks now. That was the first and goal tweet storm. If Snyder did not think he could do better he would have accepted it. 

I put Bezos’ chances well over 99% at this point and inching towards 100%.

Why stop at 100%?   Maybe Bezos is running the team secretly now, Dan's just waiting until he's out of the country to announce it.

For me Harris 1A, Bezos 1B.  Frettita comes off "meh" to me even though Rick Snider seems to love the idea of him.  Ditto Steven A.  But heck I'll take them too, anybody but Dan.   So this process is much more relaxing I assume for me than it is for you aside from I want it to end because I want Dan gone.  For me, its just Dan selling is the key.  

So if its Bezos, cool, especially listening to the reporter who covers him who suspects he'd be hands off as an owner -- that was a concern of mine.  But if so put us out of our misery Bezos and make a bid or say you are out. :ols:

Catching up with Bram, he suspects waiting for Bezos to say he's in or out is the last thing holding this up.   Bram ala @Voice_of_Reason's point, said, he believes the Harris offer has an expiration date.  As of late last week he said the bid was given 10 days ago.  He believes this can drag until right before the draft.   So he doesn't believe Bezos has a long time left to decide.  I don't get the vibe that at this point its waiting to see if Harris bids more.  I think its just whether Bezos will engage.  With the mystery bidder looming, maybe too, Bram doesn't seem to think the mystery bidder actually put in a bid yet.  

Bram has speculated as I among others have, does Bezos see this as an ideal setup for him as to buying a team?  For the stadium for example its not just the money but all the red tape and hassle of navigating the politics of it.  Is their an easier path with another team? 

I am guessing that the wildcard for Bezos is Seattle, and on that front what is he hearing about that?  If its that its going on sale sooner than later, maybe he waits, if not he pounces on this.  Even the dude who is the most optimisitc about Bezos ending with this team said he believes he'd prefer Seattle.

At this point, I am burnt out by it.   So Bezos do or not do.  And please do it soon. :ols:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The obvious concern here is that Harris is maxed out on upfront funding. If for example his group is 250mil under the 6B mark, you’d make that up on condition the sale is agreed and no further offers are entertained.

Or, alternatively, the longer Harris’s offer sits there the more it looks like Snyder is desperately waiting for an offer to beat it that will never come, meaning an acceptance of that Harris offer is just a matter of time.

You can interpret this stuff any which way, and usually the way you interpret it depends on your biases. 

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Or, alternatively, the longer Harris’s offer sits there the more it looks like Snyder is desperately waiting for an offer to beat it that will never come, meaning an acceptance of that Harris offer is just a matter of time.

You can interpret this stuff any which way, and usually the way you interpret it depends on your biases. 

Well I personally don’t have any bias. I’m very much in favour of a Harris led deal. Bezos also initially. Either will do me.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Well I personally don’t have any bias. I’m very much in favour of a Harris led deal. Bezos also initially. Either will do me.

Then you don’t fit under the “usually” umbrella that I used, which is fair. But that doesn’t go for most people here lol 

• Haha 1

OK that article pulled me back in a little as to interest.  :ols:. Part of me wants to ignore the story now and just wake up when the nightmare is over but apparently I can't fully do that.

That Perez article in a sense overlaps with some of Bram's points from the end of last week.  I caught up with that segment this morning and referenced in my recent post.

2 points in this.  Mary Jo White report coming in weeks.  I wonder how much Dan wants that out with the bidding still in play -- don't know one way or another but I figure he'd prefer it out after a bid is accepted where anything Dan related becomes less uninteresting. 

Perez who has been the most steadfast in the reporting as to Bezos having a chance to get the team and that Dan isn't closed from selling to him.  However, he has referenced twice recently about the idea of Dan not loving the idea of selling the team to Bezos, here is round 2 of that.  The other reference talked about Dan shifted at some point in his attitude about selling to him.

Taking it fron Bezo's point of view.  I don't know how i'd feel in his shoes.   Keim usually isn't pushy about his points but he doubled down recently that the idea that Dan didn't want to sell to Bezos at one point was real and the Bezos team believed it. 

I don't have screw you (I can't use the Billions TV show expression here) kind of money so I have no idea how that feels.  But doing my best projection of it.  It looks like there is some indication that Dan started this with hahahaha Bezos you aren't getting this team to a shift when he realized he's not getting the bids he expected (and some as Sheehan has said dropped out of the process) to then running with hey I didn't mean that because now that I might not getting the bid that I wanted, dude I really do want your money now.    In Bezo's shoes he might enjoy making Dan squirm or for that matter not bidding at all.  I got no idea, but that's a guess I have on a potential scenario.

Piecing these different narratives if they are true and am guessing they likely are because just about everyone covering the story overlap on it -- that Harris has the only serious bid.  My guess is Dan wants Harris to negotiate against himself and Harris seems to be willing to risk not moving on his bid.  So either Dan takes his bid or hopes that Bezos rides to his rescue.

https://frontofficesports.com/commanders-owner-dan-snyder-holding-out-for-more/

Investigation by former SEC chief Mary Jo White is expected to be completed in the coming weeks.  

Commanders president Jason Wright struck down the possibility of Snyder not selling in an interview with The Washington Times

With a winning bidder expected to be announced ahead of next month’s owners meetings, Snyder has time to hold out for a few weeks longer. Harris’ bid isn’t all that far off from one Snyder would accept, one source said. 

A source said Snyder remains at least somewhat reluctant to sell to Bezos, who has owned The Washington Post for a decade. 

But Bezos could be the only billionaire to get the Commanders sale price beyond $6 billion — a number a source said Snyder would accept no matter which financially sound contender made it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I am the same exactly.  On first blush I favored Bezos.  But after digesting the Harris team, I liked them more.  But Bezos would be IMO good, too.  1A Harris and IB Bezos for me.

As for Harris, Sheehan seems really plugged in.  He's friendly with a lawyer who worked for Rales.  Sheehan seems convinced that Harris is connvinced that their bid is already enough of a significant overpay that they have no interest pushing it further.  I don't think its cash issues.  Just because Dan wants more doesn't mean of course they need to give it to him.

Based on at least the tidbits out there about the sale, I think Harris is playing it smart.  Feels like Fretitta has backed off and Steven A doesn't have the money.  So unless Bezos enters, Harris would be bidding against himself and if Bezos enters he will lose anyway.  So in his shoes if all of this is so, I'd play my hand and let it ride at this point and let the cards fall where they may.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

If Bezos hasn't bid after literal weeks of inactivity from other bidders, odds are the group he has hired to look at the books has said...

classic-useforanyoccassion.gif

To me if he doesn't bid its this.    Harris and more so Rales make money by buying disressed companies and assessing their value. 

With this team you are paying Tiffany prices for a distressed company.  I get the impression listening to Sheehan that the Harris group already thinks they are overpaying by a good amount.  

How would Bezos feel if his bankers tell him, this is a distressed asset and be ready to both overpay for it and also come up with 2-3 billion on the stadium. 

Some here think that Bezos would gladly overpay because he has the money to overpay for it.   But that's not always Bezos rep that he overspends on this or that just because he can.   I can argue it either way.

And heck its Harris-Rales who might be the more emotional bidders here growing up Redskins fans with Rales lamenting the demise of this franchise (according to the lawyer who appeared on Sheehan's show) versus Bezos who I am getting the impression is a Seahawk fan.

But yeah I am guessing the delay with Bezos is studying the books. The one thing I'll say though if he decides to buy it, I am sure the whole thing comes together fast because of the amount of money he has.    My guess is 50-50 Bezos bids but if he doesn't I do think this team's finances is part of the plot.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But yeah I am guessing the delay with Bezos is studying the books. The one thing I'll say though if he decides to buy it, I am sure the whole thing comes together fast because of the amount of money he has.    My guess is 50-50 Bezos bids but if he doesn't I do think this team's finances is part of the plot.

Why are you suggesting there is a delay with Bezos? The expectation always has been he will come in at the end. The puck news guy thinks it won’t happen until mid May. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why are you suggesting there is a delay with Bezos? The expectation always has been he will come in at the end. The puck news guy thinks it won’t happen until mid May. 

Expectations set by whom? We've literally heard nothing from any serious bidders outside Harris/Rales/Johnson, other than stories where Dan is practically begging Bezos to bid, mistakenly thinking he'll overpay.

• Like 1

With Dan Snyder selling, there's no lock on what happens.  It's obvious he's waiting for someone to bid 6 billion or more than that. The only person who could do that appears to be Bezos.  Will Jeff come in or not? He knows team is his, if he wants. If he bids, Dan will be disappointed with the bid. If Harris bid 5.75 billion, then Jeff can bid 6 or 6.1 or 6.2 billion and nothing more. What will Dan do?  If Jeff is bidding,  now is time to do it. There's nothing to wait for.  If Jeff doesn't bid, I think his people looked at the books and advised not to bid.  I think Dan doesn't sell unless he gets 6 billion and I can see the May meetings being about voting Dan out.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Expectations set by whom? We've literally heard nothing from any serious bidders outside Harris/Rales/Johnson, other than stories where Dan is practically begging Bezos to bid, mistakenly thinking he'll overpay.

Bezos hired Allen and Company and entered into an NDA with Dan. He hasn’t leaked a word. Jay Z hasn’t said a peep. They are handling business like pros. Bezos would not waste his time or Jay Z’s time if he wasn’t going to buy the team. This only ends with Bezos owning the team. It’s gone too far for anything else. 

Harris has to try and do a song and dance and have Magic beg Dan to accept via the Today show. He trots out RG3 thinking the fans will embrace the bid more.

Just because Harris is loud about his bid doesn’t mean a thing. It’s good publicity for him. When you google his name now you get news about the Washington sale and the Broncos sale and some stuff about the Sixers and Devils. The stories about the Rico lawsuit and him hiring private investigators to look into his partners are lower on the search results now. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

At this point every day that goes by is another day that Jeffrey Bezos is the one standing between us and happiness. All he has to do is drop out, and Harris will have the team. Or, he can simply make a bid which, according to at least one poster on here, would send all the other bidders scattering away like mice. Either way, it would be over, finally. Bezos doing nothing is getting old. He is quickly turning from savior to stink bug in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2023 at 10:06 AM, TheGoodBits said:

Standing by my earlier guess that the actual sale price ends up being *well* under $6b. Maybe under $5b.

While being in the DC market and having the opportunity to rebuild the franchise to your liking does have some inherent advantages, we also have this reality: 

Broncos sold for $4.65b less than two years ago have been top 5 in the league in attendance. They have an established brand and fan base. Their stadium, while not much newer than ours, is much more serviceable (note that they are also starting to think about a new one as well). It’s also located very close to downtown Denver. 

As much as Snyder wants to wish his franchise is worth $7b (or now, $6b), I genuinely do not see it. The stadium is a dump. Any move to a new stadium in DC would have to overcome ridiculous political hurdles that don’t exist for other cities. The fan base has been rapidly eroding for decades and is legitimately now bottom 10 in the league. We have a name nobody likes and a brand that will forever be tied to Dan ****ing Snyder unless they go through the process of re-branding AGAIN. We have allegations of financial malfeasance on the part of the owner and pending lawsuits hanging over the head of the franchise. And the minority owners were willing to part with their shares of the team, TWO YEARS AGO, at a roughly $2b valuation. I’m sorry but did they just willingly cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars? No. They saw the books and know the value. 

Everything out there about Snyder thinking it’s worth $6b+ is just smoke he himself has put out there. I don’t think Harris has offered that much. I don’t think anybody would offer that much. And now Snyder is desperate for someone to bail him out and hunting that he wants Bezos to jump into the mix. It’s also info Snyder’s side is leaking to try to pump up the price tag. 

Bumping this once a week until it’s sold. 

Danny Boy isn’t getting his $6b and it seems like he’s waiting for Bezos to ride in to save the day. 

Meanwhile the credit crunch is real. Money isn’t free anymore, and investors are being careful. The Broncos went for $4.65b two years ago after a pretty legitimate bidding war during a boom period. Snyder has a crappy team, worthless brand, and a dump of a stadium. And apparently only one serious bidder. Harris would be a sucker if he gave him $5b flat, let alone $6b. :ols:

Just now, TheGoodBits said:

Danny Boy isn’t getting his $6b and it seems like he’s waiting for Bezos to ride in to save the day. 

Meanwhile the credit crunch is real. Money isn’t free anymore, and investors are being careful. The Broncos went for $4.65b two years ago after a pretty legitimate bidding war during a boom period. Snyder has a crappy team, worthless brand, and a dump of a stadium. And apparently only one serious bidder. Harris would be a sucker if he gave him $5b flat, let alone $6b. :ols:

Broncos sold last August. Not 2 years ago. 

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I took some of the puck.com stuff seriously and some he seemed to be spitballing.  The spitballing component of it could be right or wrong.  Just like your spitballing could be right or wrong.  Ditto my spitballing and everyone here.  

Heck I am the one who talked about the puck.com podcasts here first in part to give @spjunkies some optimism when he felt down about Bezos' prospects.  So I pushed some of the dudes points which I find relevant and interesting.  But the speculation stuff for all these guys, even Keim, comes off hit and miss in part because specifically as to the timing that's determined by Dan. 

The stuff I took seriously from the puck.com was he believes he wants to own a team and he's good at making a purchase stealthly. On Finlay's show he said he's not sure its this team he wants, on Sheehan's show he said he believes he prefers Seattle but he also said who knows if Seattle indeed goes on sale?  And when pushed he said he thinks he ends up with this team.  

But as for the timing, etc.  He seemed to pick May I gather because of the owners meeting.   When Sheehan pushed him on the point he thought Dan was slow playing the sale.  He also thinks decent shot Dan doesn't sell at all and its just a game he's playing with everyone.  But I noticed on that point, he folded quickly when Sheehan said he heard Dan is indeed selling and it isn't a sham.  So it came off to me like the puck.com guy is guessing as to the timing as opposed to it being based on what he heard.

By delaying, i mean I get the impression that if Bezos was waiting for the bids to stop and then he just comes in and tops it.  That feels like that time has come.  Seems like the Bezos gets the team crowd from the jump centered their point on Bezos waits to all the bidding stop and then he ends it.  If so, if all these tidbits from the reporters are true, Harris has given his top offer, and Dan doesn't have another offer.  And he's been sitting on it for some time.  If so, if Bezos wants to end it, feels like Bezos can end it now. 

The other point is as @Voice_of_Reason has referenced bids have expiration dates.  And that point somewhat overlaps the Sheehan-Bram thought as for timing which is before the draft.    It would seem weird for Dan to let the bid expire without a Bezos offer.

And with all of this, granted for all we know they can be in deep negotiaiton now.  But if we are running with the current reports which for a change all seem to overlap, the time for Bezos to bid feels like now or this month not May.   

4 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Broncos sold last year.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I took some of the puck.com stuff seriously and some he seemed to be spitballing.  The spitballing component of it could be right or wrong.  Just like your spitballing could be right or wrong.  Ditto my spitballing and everyone here.  

I made my stance pretty clear about how this ends. You became a Harris zealot for a while and amplified it 3 weeks ago. Now that it’s looking like that’s not happening you are adjusting. Btw saying something is 50/50 when there are only two likely option is the same as saying nothing. A lot of words and posts and basically saying nothing.  

I put my name on how this ends like a man. Zero ambiguity. Let’s see who is correct soon enough. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I made my stance pretty clear about how this ends. You became a Harris zealot for a while and amplified it 3 weeks ago. Now that it’s looking like that’s not happening you are adjusting. Btw saying something is 50/50 when there are only two likely option is the same as saying nothing. A lot of words and posts and basically saying nothing.  

I put my name on how this ends like a man. Zero ambiguity. Let’s see who is correct soon enough. 

I didn't think a serious conversation could be had with you on this for more than one exchange and I was proven right. 

I'll stick to @spjunkies on Bezos, he can have a normal conversation without it becoming a weird dishonest fantasy BS spitting match like what happens with you.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2