Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forgot who said it, but one of the ones covering the sale does not think RG3 ends up a minority partner.  

You typically don’t want your head of football operations to be an equity holder in the enterprise. That makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forgot who said it, but one of the ones covering the sale does not think RG3 ends up a minority partner.  

I feel like RGIII said he was in talks and that interview said he was trying basically no one else confirmed any level of mutual interest).  It is indeed a large difference from reportedly being included.  No reason to believe RGIII.  

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 3

Even Al Roker knows whats up with the branding.

Poor guy was probably holding that in since the reveal.

Its funny that a team that severely struggles w/ national recognition can still get it on the front of how bad the branding is.

And hey, Magic didn't say no. I surmised for a long time that stuff like this is on the table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Most likely an employee of this group. Community engagement type.

I got the impression he was talking about being an employee as well. I never felt like he was talking about an ownership stake.

I don't know why he would take a job here tho.

A.) There is no position here that he is qualified to be in that exceeds his current NFL related jobs, which he would have to quit as an employee of an NFL team.

B.) Why would he take a low ranking job that he is qualified for, when he is in a better position job wise now and appears to be ascending?

The only way RG3 coming here tracks is if he is offered some station above his head, which makes no sense, so I don't see it happening.

Why on earth would he come here to be Doug Williams...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think that was ever a real thing for anybody. Either RG3 was talking to a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who knows someone from that bidding group, and he said he's like to be an NFL owner or work in a front office.... and that counts to him as "discussions".

Or RG3 just opened his mouth and that came out without even talking to a cousin of the stylist who did Harris' Wife's hair a few years ago.

Edited by @DCGoldPants

20 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm not sure what this is about, but it could easily be something I'm not aware of.

There is Peter King, the sportswriter.

There is Peter King the Former representative from N.Y.

Which one were you referring to ?

Fixed that for you. 

2 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

I feel like RGIII said he was in talks and that interview said he was trying basically no one else confirmed any level of mutual interest).  It is indeed a large difference from reportedly being included.  No reason to believe RGIII.  

He did not say trying. His inclusion is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The question is how much control will he have over football decisions? 

Yes there is every reason to believe RG3 because he put his name on it. There is no speculation. It was as matter of fact interview as Magic’s stating they have a bid. 

Doesn’t really matter because they won’t win but still. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 3

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The question is how much control will ( RGIII  ) have over football decisions? 

On 3/19/2023 at 12:16 AM, SoCalSkins said:

Not really. I’m just assassinating any complete joy we might have if it’s Harris!  

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The unis have grown on me--they need to add stripes to the pants, and replace the black with gold on the whites and they'd be really nice.

The black ones are the worst though when  theyre supposed to be the main sell....at least when we lose most people think were the Steelers. Just get back to Burgundy and Gold as the dominate colors

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Instead of repeatedly posting the link, just post the part where it says he will have any control over football decisions.

Post a sourced article where it says he won’t. We have his words in that article. It doesn’t fit the narrative that Harris is flawless and professional. So you guys ignore it. It’s comedy gold actually watching you guys try to twist it. RG3 was very straightforward. He will have a significant role in a Harris owned Washington Commanders. That’s according to his own words and no one has reported anything to refute it. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Post a sourced article where it says he won’t. We have his words in that article. It doesn’t fit the narrative that Harris is flawless and professional. So you guys ignore it. It’s comedy gold actually watching you guys try to twist it. RG3 was very straightforward. He will have a significant role in a Harris owned Washington Commanders. That’s according to his own words and no one has reported anything to refute it. 

RG3 must have white-boarded them. The guy(with Dan's help) set our franchise back a decade. I hope Harris and Co dont think we have any serious relationship love for Rob

Edited by dunfer