Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

If Henry isn't selling LFC not sure how he has the money to pull this off

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12816008/liverpool-not-for-sale-but-investment-process-ongoing-says-owner-john-henry

Liverpool not for sale but investment process ongoing says owner John Henry

Fenway Sports Group, of which John Henry is the founder and principal owner, confirmed they were interested in investment in November following a report which claimed they were inviting offers to buy Liverpool; Henry has now ruled out the sale of the Premier League club

Besides the potential owners doing a tours of the facility, there hasn't been much coming out regarding the sale.  Guys like Finlay and BMitch said that this might be done in 2-3 weeks, but there hasn't been much movement.  Love the Beniemy hire, but it looks like business as usual right now with this team which is concerning.

Edited by NoVaSkins21

Steve Sands also said he knows an NFL owner as well as various rich people in the know who think Bezos is waiting in the wings to make a bid. He thinks the NY Post reports about the sale not going well might be because of the initial Forbes report about the bids being over $7B but when the real bids started coming in the were closer to $5B. He and his "friends " still think it's inevitable. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

The last sentence of that quote is interesting.

And not in a good way. Snyder fighting this on the way out hurts this team for possibly the next few seasons. 

I don’t know if I can handle two off seasons in limbo. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

And not in a good way. Snyder fighting this on the way out hurts this team for possibly the next few seasons. 

Like I posted a couple of weeks ago, I'm still wondering if there wasn't some deal put in place where he was threatened with the possibility of being voted out, in which case the team would automatically go to the highest bidder ( possibly Bezos ), or he could go quietly and sell to whoever he wanted. Or in other words: Anyone but Bezos.

Edited by Spearfeather

6 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Like I posted a couple of weeks ago, I'm still wondering if there wasn't some deal put in place where he was threatened with the possibility of being voted out, in which case the team would automatically go to the highest bidder ( possibly Bezos ), or he could go quietly and sell to whoever he wanted. Or in other words: Anyone but Bezos.

I think it's more him playing chicken with the other owners. "I'm going to do this the way I want if I'm going to do this. You won't force me to sell. If you do, all of this dirt I have will get released slowly over time and a lot of you will also be selling. So back off or I'm taking you with me." (I am guessing what he said. this is not a quote. Please don't sue me, Mr. Snyder.)

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it's more him playing chicken with the other owners. "I'm going to do this the way I want if I'm going to do this. You won't force me to sell. If you do, all of this dirt I have will get released slowly over time and a lot of you will also be selling. So back off or I'm taking you with me."

Yeah, there's that too.

A lot of this depends on how much truth there is to the thought Snyder does not want to sell to Bezos.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

When an owner says something along the lines of "He is getting rid of that franchise one way or another" I don't get the vibe Snyder is threatening anybody. Instead its the other way around.

Snyder can get rid of the team of his own accord, or he can be forced to get rid of the team.

Okay. I disagree.

My source: Dan Snyder is spiteful and stubborn. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Hopefully it doesn't mean that Snyder would consider going postal during a team meeting. 🤔

george costanza monkey GIF

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You Got This Law And Order Svu GIF by ION

19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Henry isn't selling LFC not sure how he has the money to pull this off

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12816008/liverpool-not-for-sale-but-investment-process-ongoing-says-owner-john-henry

Liverpool not for sale but investment process ongoing says owner John Henry

Fenway Sports Group, of which John Henry is the founder and principal owner, confirmed they were interested in investment in November following a report which claimed they were inviting offers to buy Liverpool; Henry has now ruled out the sale of the Premier League club

Anyone else see the irony is this....

A Boston Red Sox owner buying a team that used to play in the same stadium?

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

When an owner says something along the lines of "He is getting rid of that franchise one way or another" I don't get the vibe Snyder is threatening anybody. Instead its the other way around.

Snyder can get rid of the team of his own accord, or he can be forced to get rid of the team.

Threats like that are not helpful. It’s exactly the kind of thing Dan would hear and say screw it I’m not selling and I’m going scorched earth in court. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Or he can call a team meeting and then show up like this:

machine-gun-sylvester-stallone.gif

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Threats like that are not helpful. It’s exactly the kind of thing Dan would hear and say screw it I’m not selling and I’m going scorched earth in court. 

I would believe it depends on who says that to him. If it's someone like a Jim Irsay or anybody he doesn't like. Hell yes, he's gonna do it.

But if Jerruh went to him to put the deal in place, I believe that could have stunned him

And if that's the deal in place, I guess the other owners have stuff that is way more damaging to Dan himself than anything he could ever put in public place.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

My source: Dan Snyder is spiteful and stubborn. 

As a whole yes, but I would believe he does have limits too, and his family does have some too also and maybe at times they can take him out of stubborness.

But until then, as Lenny Kravitz used to sing:

It ain't over until it's over.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

I would believe it depends on who says that to him. If it's someone like a Jim Irsay or anybody he doesn't like. Hell yes, he's gonna do it.

But if Jerruh went to him to put the deal in place, I believe that could have stunned him

And if that's the deal in place, I guess the other owners have stuff that is way more damaging to Dan himself than anything he could ever put in public place.

As a whole yes, but I would believe he does have limits too, and his family does have some too also and maybe at times they can take him out of stubborness.

But until then, as Lenny Kravitz used to sing:

It ain't over until it's over.

No one needs to threaten him in the media. It can only backfire,