Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread: Washington at Chicago ~ Mobsters Delight Edition

TK

Just now, Destino said:

Better than Wentz?  As bad as Wentz has been he’s MILES ahead of Fields this season.  People are closing Wentz for having 99 yards passing.  Fields barely averages more than that.  He has more picks than TDS too.  

Yeah Fields is legitimately the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. But Wentz isn't that far behind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wentz got 22 pass attempts.  22.  

Fields even got 27.  

If they're going to play offense like this, bench Wentz and play freaking Taylor Hienicke and preserve the 3rd round pick. 

I'm really pissed. The only reason they won is because the Bears are legit awful also. 

Wentz sucks.  He’s immobile, inaccurate and his footwork is garbage.  If he has to pass the ball 35-40 times, we’ll lose.  Wentz has a horrific record when he has 40+ pass attempts.  Our only chance to win is to play similar to how we played last year.  Keep the attempts down for Wentz (limiting his chances to turn the ball over), and to play defense like we’ve been playing the last few weeks.

Look, it isn’t pretty, and they are wasting a really good receiving corp, but Ron is in survival mode.  He’s going to try to win anyway he can.  Wentz shouldn’t be here in the first place, and it was idiotic to think that we could win games with him throwing the ball all over the field with this line.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Enjoy this win folks because its probably our last this season. Holy cow there isnt another incompetent team offensively on the schedule the rest of the way.. 

I hope you’re right, that win might have been devastating otherwise 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Perhaps one more against houston.

I think we beat Houston and Atlanta and then win one other game randomly(kinda like last year when we beat Tampa and Vegas).

5-12 and we'll pick around 6th or 7th in the draft.

Edited by Warhead36

Even up to last week I was arguing about the issues with the team, who the main culprits are (o line/wentz/turner) etc

After that misery I don't even care lol

Ron will grind out 2-3 more wins when Young is back, the team will miss out on the top tier draft picks, they might make another terrible Landon Collins style FA signing to entice fans and the cycle of mediocrity will continue.

but yeah, I'll still be watching next week

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Better than Wentz?  As bad as Wentz has been he’s MILES ahead of Fields this season.  People are clowning Wentz for having 99 yards passing.  Fields barely averages more than that.  He has more picks than TDS too.  

My only hope is Ron knew going in he needed no more than 17 points and the entire game plan was put around that.  It's a short week on the road, and if we're being honest, any Thursday Road Win is probably a good win.  

However, if Ron thinks THIS is a winning formula, then we're lost.  And with Snyder's situation, he just can't fire Ron, almost no matter what.  So, we're stuck in this situation forever.  

The only hope is Ron gets it and gets that this isn't going to get him anywhere.

Then the only question remains: can the OL block well enough for Wentz to have success. 

If you protect him, he's good.  Can be very good.  When you don't protect him, he's a bottom 1/4 QB in the league.  

How they got into the situation with the OL where they are in, is beyond me.  But they did.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

God I didnt think that - Goodell calls dan tomorrow and says you have two options sell the team or you lose your next 10 first and second round picks for embarrassing the league …. 

There should be a rule that if a post is gonna be dumb it should at least have to be funny 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we beat Houston and Atlanta and then win one other game randomly(kinda like last year when we beat Tampa and Vegas).

5-12 and we'll pick around 6th or 7th in the draft.

Indy is terrible. 

And I don't think we're going to get swept in the NFC East, just because it's rare a team gets swept in division. 

I still think they're going to get to 7 or 8 wins.  I also think they will improve, because Ron's team's typically do improve.  Wentz was off to a bad start last year, then had about 8 games where he was legitimately one of the best QBs in the league.  

They're not going to climb all the way out of the hole.  But I think there will be a few more wins that you might expect.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Indy is terrible. 

And I don't think we're going to get swept in the NFC East, just because it's rare a team gets swept in division. 

I still think they're going to get to 7 or 8 wins.  I also think they will improve, because Ron's team's typically do improve.  Wentz was off to a bad start last year, then had about 8 games where he was legitimately one of the best QBs in the league.  

They're not going to climb all the way out of the hole.  But I think there will be a few more wins that you might expect.

Theres zero way you can say anything more than 5 wins right now. This team is utter trash.

8 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Wentz sucks.  He’s immobile, inaccurate and his footwork is garbage.  If he has to pass the ball 35-40 times, we’ll lose.  Wentz has a horrific record when he has 40+ pass attempts.  Our only chance to win is to play similar to how we played last year.  Keep the attempts down for Wentz (limiting his chances to turn the ball over), and to play defense like we’ve been playing the last few weeks.

Look, it isn’t pretty, and they are wasting a really good receiving corp, but Ron is in survival mode.  He’s going to try to win anyway he can.  Wentz shouldn’t be here in the first place, and it was idiotic to think that we could win games with him throwing the ball all over the field with this line.

Wentz is a perfectly fine QB if you can protect him.  He threw for 350 last week, and minus the last few plays, played extremely well and kept the team in the game while they couldn't run the ball and he was taking a beating.

He had a bad game tonight, but I put at least some of that on Ron and Scott for calling a horrendously conservative game, just like they did in Indy last year.  

You can't do that with Wentz.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword. 

He was the best option available, now they've got to figure out how to use him effectively and play to his strengths.  22 pass attempts is a complete disgrace, and Scott and Ron should be absolutely embarrassed about it.  

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Theres zero way you can say anything more than 5 wins right now. This team is utter trash.

I'd take the over on 5.  

They shouldn't have won 7 last year.  And yet they did.  

I think they end up around 7 again.  How?  I'm not entirely sure. Just a gut feel. 

I'd rather they lose out.  But I think they'll get to 7.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My only hope is Ron knew going in he needed no more than 17 points and the entire game plan was put around that.  It's a short week on the road, and if we're being honest, any Thursday Road Win is probably a good win.  

However, if Ron thinks THIS is a winning formula, then we're lost.  And with Snyder's situation, he just can't fire Ron, almost no matter what.  So, we're stuck in this situation forever.  

The only hope is Ron gets it and gets that this isn't going to get him anywhere.

Then the only question remains: can the OL block well enough for Wentz to have success. 

If you protect him, he's good.  Can be very good.  When you don't protect him, he's a bottom 1/4 QB in the league.  

How they got into the situation with the OL where they are in, is beyond me.  But they did.  

they can’t run their offense so long as the middle of the OLine is a disaster.  Either they get guys back or get other guys or build chemistry or whatever they got to do to make it work… or this quick pass and run the ball offense is all they can do.  These low scoring games are the result of this new approach which seems to have succeeded in getting the sack numbers down and has avoided entire halves of games without a first down… but it doesn’t produce many points.  It’s also not what anyone on this staff wants to be running.  They just have no choice.  It’s this or disaster.