Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mississippi welfare scandal featuring Brett Favre and the good ole boys

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I love this dude growing up. I realized who he was towards the end of his career. Now he’s just a complete piece of ****

Hey, it is possible for someone to be a good performer and a POS.  

Bill Cosby appears be a POS.  But his comedy was genius.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Hey, it is possible for someone to be a good performer and a POS.  

Bill Cosby appears be a POS.  But his comedy was genius.  

Dude, I saw The Cosby Show back on tv and I was happy...and I watched it...and I laughed. I feel no shame.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There’s not much he can do to redeem himself, but I’ve always been a little amused at the assholes who think they can battle it out in court even though they’re pretty much dead to rights. 

Favre needs to realize it’s not 1998 in Lambeau with the Packers down 6 and 2 mins to go with him starting on his own 20. 

Admit that you were wrong and ****ed up. The evidence is fairly overwhelming. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There’s not much he can do to redeem himself, but I’ve always been a little amused at the assholes who think they can battle it out in court even though they’re pretty much dead to rights. 

Favre needs to realize it’s not 1998 in Lambeau with the Packers down 6 and 2 mins to go with him starting on his own 20. 

Well you know what else happened to Favre in 1998?  He lost Cameron Diaz to Ben Stiller.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sometimes, its best to say nothing. I don't speak for anyone else, but Favre suing everyone and their mother for defamation...makes him look guilty. I know why he's doing it, but it clearly isn't working. Shut up, settle out of court (if thats even an option), apologize/blame someone else/claim ignorance/etc and just slink away. People will forget or not care, you're just drawing it out and making it worse...but I've never really liked Favre, so **** him.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Sometimes, its best to say nothing. I don't speak for anyone else, but Favre suing everyone and their mother for defamation...makes him look guilty. I know why he's doing it, but it clearly isn't working. Shut up, settle out of court (if thats even an option), apologize/blame someone else/claim ignorance/etc and just slink away. People will forget or not care, you're just drawing it out and making it worse...but I've never really liked Favre, so **** him.

I liked Favre 1.0.  I remember watching that MNF game in my dorm where he still played after his dad passed away and he came out on fire and threw for a bunch of touchdowns.  Hard not to like that guy in that moment.  

Then he became a bit annoying with the will he/won't he retirement crap, and even though he was still effective (and actually really good in some respects) in his final years at the Jets and Vikings, he just became too much.  The Sterger thing was gross.  

To your points, it does make him look guilty.  I agree, sometimes it really is best to say nothing, get past it and hopefully try to move on.  For Favre, there's no upside is what he's doing.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Also his wiki page is awesome. 

He attended Plum High School, playing soccer, volleyball and football; and received collegiate interest for all three. As a senior, he borrowed $100 from a friend and played poker at an illegal club, turning it into $1,400. He used the funds to finance a trip to Miami to participate in the final day of a national competition highlighting the best field goal kicking prospects in America. McAfee made nine consecutive field goals, starting at 25 yards and moving five yards out each time. He narrowly missed a 70-yard field goal, with the ball missing to the right but with enough distance to make it. After returning home, he was approached in the school's lunchroom by Tony Gibson, West Virginia's recruiting coordinator, who offered him a scholarship.[5]

Also biased, but his show is pretty good. Way better than most sports talk shows, especially the derivative “2 guys arguing” genre. He needs better sidekicks though. 

Last thing I saw was him marching through a list of the biggest draft busts of all time, but concluded each one by reminding the audience that the NFL is really ****ing hard and all of the busts would destroy normal people at football. It was solid. 

National sports podcaster files motion to dismiss Brett Favre’s defamation suit

A national sports podcaster has filed a motion to dismiss a defamation suit brought against him by a former professional quarterback tied to the largest welfare scandal in Mississippi history.

On Friday, Pat McAfee filed a motion to dismiss the charges brought against him by retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre, who has accused him of making libelous statements against him on his popular nationwide podcast.

McAfee claims Favre’s case is baseless and that having to defend against such charges could “unduly burden” free speech.

“As a public figure bringing suit against a media defendant for reporting on matters of public concern, which are subject of official proceedings and detailed at length in public records, Favre cannot state a claim for defamation upon which relief can be granted,” attorneys for McAfee write.

Click on the link for the full article