Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

I want the precedent set that failure won’t be accepted.

Β 

I also want EB to get his shot (don’t think he gets the job anyways).
Β 

I don’t want us to win another game this year staying far away from the classic Ron mid season run towards mediocrity.Β 

Β 

I also do want my pound of flesh. He’s been a smug arrogant and delusional assbag the last couple of years. He deserves it. The Michael Silver hit piece from yesterday is just the latest example from a dude that takes absolutely zero responsibility in the failures here.Β 

Our best chance of tanking in the way you want is to actually keep Rivera.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Stihl89 said:

I disagree with that to an extent. I think they still play for Rivera because they are his guys.Β 

We have a locker room full of pros. They'll play no matter what. And our best players are actually guys that got here before Rivera(McLaurin, Allen, Payne).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have serious doubts that Josh is even remotely considering EB as head coach. Β I also don’t think giving the guy half a hopeless season is a fair shake either.

And if you do, you risk the team going on a mini streak at some point (as they usually do even in losing Rivera seasons) and creating an awkward national media perception that the dude who hasn’t been hired 15 separate times so far is somehow being wronged by not being the anointed guy. Plus players tend to speak in favor of their Interim HC’s because it’s less change and upheaval (and risk to their roster spot) than the unknown. So that’s awkward.

Β 

Nah, if you want a completely clean slate starting with casting a wide net on stud GM prospects (who will have their own ideas about HC candidates) you wipe things completely and start over. EB can still interview if you wantβ€”though I agree with you, it seems fruitless. He’s not HC material and clearly isn’t an analytically-minded guy based on his pressers, he scoffs at even the most basic stats. He isn’t a fit for whoever Harris is going to put in charge of football ops.Β 
Β 

So why give him a chance at accidentally backing into media and locker room support in a lost season? That’s adding risk, not removing it.Β 

• Like 3

It's considered rude and disrespectful to fire head coaches midseason. It's embarrassing to them. On the other hand, if there were any evidence that firing head coaches and/or GM's midseason increases the chances of success the same season or the following season, I'd say go for it. Does evidence like that actually exist? Not to my knowledge. So IΒ see no difference in starting the process now and starting it in January or February. So I lean towards waiting til the season is officially over.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have no doubt we're going on a streak. Our offense might only play well against the Eagles, but I bet that changes.

It would be so nice to have back to back great offensive performances. Although we seem to never see it. The Patriots D is pretty decent and Bill seems to have ways to befuddle young, inexperienced qbs.

1 hour ago, Stihl89 said:

I want the precedent set that failure won’t be accepted.

Β 

This precedent has already been set by trading away Sweat and Young. Right now, I think we would be among the front runners for Johnson, Kevin Smith, etc. The Chargers, with Justin Herbert, would most likely be the top choice. With us as #2. I don't see any of the other places being more attractive, right now.

Β 

How we treat Rivera going out the door is going to matter far more to potential coaching candidates than getting a petty pound of flesh. Rivera gets the year--as Harris promised. Replacing Rivera with an interim HC is going to gain us very little and cost us a good bit of reputation. Reputation, especially with this organization, is vitally important. Harris and his group need to demonstrate they stick to their word and will treat you professionally, regardless.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Nah, if you want a completely clean slate starting with casting a wide net on stud GM prospects (who will have their own ideas about HC candidates) you wipe things completely and start over. EB can still interview if you wantβ€”though I agree with you, it seems fruitless. He’s not HC material and clearly isn’t an analytically-minded guy based on his pressers, he scoffs at even the most basic stats. He isn’t a fit for whoever Harris is going to put in charge of football ops.Β 

jpmNFCBDmPLQKwDqbusZr28amaI=.gif

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

This precedent has already been set by trading away Sweat and Young. Right now, I think we would be among the front runners for Johnson, Kevin Smith, etc. The Chargers, with Justin Herbert, would most likely be the top choice. With us as #2. I don't see any of the other places being more attractive, right now.

Β 

How we treat Rivera going out the door is going to matter far more to potential coaching candidates than getting a petty pound of flesh. Rivera gets the year--as Harris promised. Replacing Rivera with an interim HC is going to gain us very little and cost us a good bit of reputation. Reputation, especially with this organization, is vitally important. Harris and his group need to demonstrate they stick to their word and will treat you professionally, regardless.

I don’t think it’s going to cost us anything. We’ve occasionally heard snippets that the league doesn’t think highly of Ron as a football person. Everyone and their mother knows he’s getting fired.Β 

Just now, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think it’s going to cost us anything. We’ve occasionally heard snippets that the league doesn’t think highly of Ron as a football person. Everyone and their mother knows he’s getting fired.Β 

Β 

The Raiders just fired everyone. No one wants to be the Raiders.

The Panthers fired Ron and his replacement, Matt Rhule, mid-season.

The Colts fired Frank Reich mid-season (and was then hired by the Panthers).

Β 

Sense a pattern? Those are bottom-rung owners.

Β 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

Here’s the thing though, how you treat people matters - whether they are geniuses or dumbasses.

Β 

I totally understand wanting Rivera gone. Β Watching his team get boatraced in year 4, and appear so aloof to how bad it is annoys me to no end. Β The excuses and grasping is outrageous at this point. Β I get it. Β I just don’t think it helps the cause in any way other than to feel good about him being fired.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Raiders are a hard job because they are cash poor and don’t sign free agents. Rhule was good pedigreed at the time. **** happens. Frank Reich is a good HC imo

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Β 

Β 

soooo, they weren't on the same page.

Yeah the way I read is that Ron was only open to trading those two. Both previously or currently had issues with Ron. No one else was ever going to be considered. Almost feels like Ron did it to appease Josh

2 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

I disagree with that to an extent. I think they still play for Rivera because they are his guys.Β 

Am I the only one who thinks they will enjoy playing these games? Like 2019 was a bad year because we had no QB and we were getting BLOWN OUT

Β 

27-32 L meh (close loss) 398 yards offense

21-31 L meh (another close loss) 255 yards offense

15-31 L (What's going on here, we're not scoring and we're getting blown out) 356 yards offense

3-24 L (OK, people are talking. THis is getting to be too much. We are just looking bad) 176 yards ofense

7-33 L (OK Something has to happen) 233 yards of offense.Β 

Β 

Now compare that to 2012

40-32 W surprising win to start the season, started the RG3 era off great 459 yards of offense
28-31 LΒ  but look at the number of points we put up on offense. and we also put up 373 yards
31-38 LΒ  another L but we put up another 30 points but the Haslett D couldn't stop anybody but we were moving the ball 381 yards
24-22 W and we got 474 yards of offenseΒ 
17-24 LΒ  and we got 316 yards of offenseΒ 
38-26 W and we got 361 yards of offenseΒ 
23-27 LΒ  and we got 480 yards of offenseΒ 
12-27 L and only yards of offense 255
13-21 L and we got 337 yards of offense.Β 

Β 

If you remember going into 2012, there was a lot of grumbling about firing Mike and Kyle because they weren't working and wouldn't fire Haslett (similar to Ron). Then they drafted RG3 and it became to keep them for the sake of RG3. Then we started losing and we were losing and at this point we were like what's wrong. I remember someond on radio (was it Sheehan or Czabe or one of them) was like what's wrong because we thought it would be the rookie QB but it's definitelt not him. Then Mike made his "evaluation mode" comment at a press conference and the team suddenly went on a 7 game winning streak.Β 

Β 

I compare this year to 2012 because I think the defense is a wash.Β 

20-16Β Β  Β WΒ Β  Β 248Β Β  Β 
35-33Β Β  Β WΒ Β  Β 388Β Β  Β 
3-37Β Β  Β LΒ Β  Β 230Β Β  Β 
31-34Β Β  Β LΒ Β  Β 365Β Β  Β 
20-40Β Β  Β LΒ Β  Β 388Β Β  Β 
24-16Β Β  Β WΒ Β  Β 193Β Β  Β 
7-14Β Β  Β LΒ Β  Β 273Β Β  Β 
31-38Β Β  Β LΒ Β  Β 472Β Β  Β 

Β 

Forget about from the fans perspective how the games played out and whether we came out flat in the first half against Chicago and against NY and Stuff. What I'm saying is that I think it makes it more competitive the fact that they were almost brought back in both thost games, and the Philly games when they had made mistakes. Its like are learning to win games. Dotson said it after Philly. They flinched. And I thought back to 2012 because its just like the first half of that season.Β 

I think one of the most interesting things about this will be seeing how Ron reacts. Yesterday's events pretty much turned this into a lame duck year for him and his coaching team.Β 

He's going to want to get something going for any interviews in the off-season. He's not the sort of person to tank so I think we'll see a response over the season so we finish around. 500.Β 

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

You should fire him.

It was like the play the Giants had on 4th down that was an incomplete pass but wasn't challenged.Β 

You lose nothing firing Ron and his Defensive Coordinator.Β 

You audition EB to see what he's got. Audition someone else for the DC job.Β 

If they surprise you and make the playoffs, it is a win.

If they end up improving their draft order (by going on an extended losing streak), it is a win.

The longer you keep Ron and his crew the longer it affects the rebuild.

Β 

This team can't be mired in being just below average... they should stink completely so you can have a real rebuild.Β 

Not "we are a couple of players away". We are NOT!

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Here’s the thing though, how you treat people matters - whether they are geniuses or dumbasses.

Β 

I totally understand wanting Rivera gone. Β Watching his team get boatraced in year 4, and appear so aloof to how bad it is annoys me to no end. Β The excuses and grasping is outrageous at this point. Β I get it. Β I just don’t think it helps the cause in any way other than to feel good about him being fired.

Well what happens if the owners want to bring in a GM mid season and take player Β responsibility from Ron. Does Ron quit? Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

The pattern is that you should NOT be afraid to make changes just because you made a mistake.

Β 

Just like QBs, you keep drafting QBs until you get lucky and get a franchise QB.

Β