Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann, A Football Life

LadySkinsFan

• LadySkinsFan changed the title to Joe Theismann, A Football Life

I met Joe during the taping of Best Damn Sports Show. He at least said it was the first time he watched the injury. Maybe he was lying but he seemed genuine.  

Never was one of my favorites but  meeting him and listening to him talk to the guys - John Sally, Rodney Pete and the others I could fell the pain he still had.  That would have been 2007.  

There's about 30 minutes of the show across four segments posted on You Tube.

I was a Skins fan during the Theismann era but only got to experience it from far away in the NJ suburbs of Philly. A family friend who lived here sent me the various iterations of the Hogs shirts during that magical '82 run. I did watch the NFCCG game against Dallas on TV down here, and remember being out in the city that night and there was such an electricity. 

Watched it last night on YouTube.

South River was the next town over when I lived in East Brunswick NJ.  I have driven through it countless times and played at a bar that was there on several occasions. Honestly, it's a dump...poor to lower middle class, kind of ugly.

I saw Pink Floyd at RFK in the 90s, and I had no idea it is now completely abandoned (I moved away in December 94). It was a bit shocking and rather sad to see it in its delapidated state today, falling apart and overgrown with weeds.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it, watched it last Friday when it was on.

I forgot he grew up with Drew Pearson.  Their energy together was great.

He was my first Redskins hero and I still get nostalgic hanging my Joey T. Xmas ornament.

However, he is a liar.  He said during the special he answered all the fan mail he got in the hospital.  BS, I never got a response.  I sent him a letter and a duplicate football card I had of him and telling the game story of that card, okay, selfish, was hoping he would sign and send back but did not ask.  Anyway, he had other things going on like banging Cathy Lee Crosby.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

I saw Pink Floyd at RFK in the 90s, and I had no idea it is now completely abandoned (I moved away in December 94). It was a bit shocking and rather sad to see it in its delapidated state today, falling apart and overgrown with weeds.

Well it was supposed to be imploded in 2019 but got pushed due to COVID. I have heard Summer 2023 now. 

• Sad 2