Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we all donate Oreo Cookies or have an Oreo theme'd promotion when BRob returns? Commanders promotion department help us out?

Playaction2Sanders

In light of Brian returning to the team after his recent event. It was shed to light the fact he maintained his RB duties and brought Oreo cookies to the facility for his team. This gesture reigns beyond expectation for all of us when it comes to his situation and his focus, the fact he is thinking of others rather than himself..

Is there anything we can do as fans to turn a negative as gun violence and turn it into a positive like Oreo cookies??? Guns for Cookies?? IDK I hope it set some sort of a foundation which can lead to a trend in DC,  hell even society. Because the more I think of this incident, the more I think of you know where I'm going with this....

BrobOreos.jpg

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 2

Spitballin

-The first home game B-Rob is expected to return they can hand out individual packs of Oreo's at the gate. Easy n cheap.

Nabisco Oreo 2-Count (.78 oz.) Cookie Snack Pack - 120/Case

-Pay the snacks forward. Have the players go to a Boys n Girls club and hand out snacks. Easy PR that ties back to avocation for gun control as it ties to B-Robs story

-Sell Oreos in the stadium for like a month. Possibly Easy (I have no idea if they have contracts that would prevent the sell of Nabisco products) Donate proceeds.

-wear Black jersey/white pants with the released reasoning of "Oreos"

Edited by FootballZombie

Big picture is that this is an opportunity for the organization to speak out against violence in the DMV with the celebrity of their players. 

If they do something, whether helping local PDs with gun buy back programs or something else. Then fans should support and promote. 

The Oreo idea is fun but not sure what it does to help the bigger issue. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

@Playaction2Sanders  

@bowhunter is right. This is not the place for this thread. I get it was not really the intent and the intial idea seems innocent enough. But intent or not, this will end up being more a political discussion than about football. It has to be in the Tailgate.That's what's it's there for.     

It's obviosuly not my call, but I have an idea this will be closed soon anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah jeez. Now the riff raff from the stadium might figure out there’s a real good party on here. 

Hey now. He did at least bring Oreos to the party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The name Oreos is racist. You may claim it has benign origins, but Websters lists it as a racial slur. Clearly Nabisco is responsible for impeding the economic advancement of African-Americans in society by stigmatizing their success with a racist brand name.  We need to boycott their products until they change the name to something more appropriate, perhaps something that honors our military....maybe Commie cookies?

#changethecookie

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Haha 3