16 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Purdy looks like a god if you just stat-watch this game lol

3 passing Tds

1 rushing TD

320 yards

1 sack

no INTs

crazy for your first playoff game.

It’s going to be hard to give Trey Lance the starting job back.  Even if the stats don’t tell the entire story.  The 7th rounder has played his butt off and has only lost one game (against KC).  Now he’s on the winning end of a lopsided playoff win.  

edit:  doesn’t even look like he started that KC game.  Looks like he’s 7-0 as a starting QB including a playoff game. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s going to be hard to give Trey Lance the starting job back.  Even if the stats don’t tell the entire story.  The 7th rounder has played his butt off and has only lost one game (against KC).  Now he’s on the winning end of a lopsided playoff win.  

Kyle is the qb whisperer 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I still can't help thinking how incredible that O would be if Lance can get healthy and become what he looked like he could be. 

Imagine this crew- Samuel, Kittle, CMC, Aiyuk, that Line. And putting a Lamar-like running QB with a great arm. Could be so brilliant. 

• Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm sure the entire passing playbook would be rewritten if they were given free reign to run downfield.  It's one of those rules that seems pedantic when its called, but were it never called, it would completely change the landscape of the game.

Maybe they could alter it where if guys aren't involved in the play they don't throw the flag. As long as offensive linemen aren't catching passes I don't see why they can't attempt to block their defender even if they are a few yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. I dunno...there should be some leeway there imo.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s going to be hard to give Trey Lance the starting job back.  Even if the stats don’t tell the entire story.

Yup. Purdy had kicked the door open to that kind of thinking.

They don't ask him to do a lot, just stand back there and make good choices. To his credit he makes GREAT choices.

Your going to have clubs around the NFL calling about the availability of both these guys.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Yup. Purdy had kicked the door open to that kind of thinking.

They don't ask him to do a lot, just stand back there and make good choices. To his credit he makes GREAT choices.

Your going to have clubs around the NFL calling about the availability of both these guys.

I loved Lance in that draft. But I thought he needed work on his accuracy, like the program they used with Josh Allen. What I saw early this year it didn't seem like he had progressed much. 

I'd still definitely make an offer for him. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I loved Lance in that draft. But I thought he needed work on his accuracy, like the program they used with Josh Allen. What I saw early this year it didn't seem like he had progressed much. 

I think a full Bears reboot may be more likely than people realize as they have totally blown up their roster sanz QB.

The idea that both Fields and Lance both have a chance to be obtainable if things shake out the right way is kinda wild.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think a full Bears reboot may be more likely than people realize as they have totally blown up their roster sanz QB.

The idea that both Fields and Lance both have a chance to be obtainable if things shake out the right way is kinda wild.

Chicago needs a lot of work, but I don't think they move Fields. I wouldn't want him anyway. He's just not a very good passer. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I seriously thought I was alone on this one.

Not as pressed as much with Howell now, but Lance seems like low risk, high reward.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I seriously thought I was alone on this one.

Not as pressed as much with Howell now, but Lance seems like low risk, high reward.

As I i've said elsewhere, my plan would be to find a second long shot-ish QB with a cheap vet for 23, while acquiring extra capital for the 24 draft, which is at the moment looking like one of my favorite QB drafts in memory. 

Lance would certainly fit the bill for another bargain swing at the position. More likely someone like Stidham or Mike White. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

SF will probably keep both Lance and Purdy next year to see them compete against one another before deciding who to commit to.

Likely. Unless Purdy takes them to a Tiel and impresses on the way and they decide to build off that. With very little draft capital this year, that could make it more likely they think about it. 

I think it be more probable if Jimmy G was under contract for another year.