Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

15 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Not necessarily true. When Buffalo made those moves, they did it mid season trading away a bunch of players. If our season starts to tank, we could realistically do the same. Payne, Sweat, and others could fetch a bunch of draft picks and could move us from let’s say 10th to 3 or 4. 

That aint happening in year 3. Thats just Ron waving a white flag saying "we messed up the first 3 years" 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

The best way to become an elite team is landing a franchise qb and hitting on him. Look at Buffalo, they threw away the season a few years back, made some trades and moves and got Allen in the top of the first. Some of their top draft choices hasn’t worked out but Allen covers those deficiencies. 

Maybe Wentz becomes the man and maybe he doesn’t but let’s give him this year until we talk about 2023 qbs. 

Problem with a bad season right now is that almost guarantees that Rivera is done (only way he stays in that case is if the Commanders have no other option). A mediocre season is not even a good option. The number one thing is that a coach of a non-expansion team who has not gone deep into the playoffs by year 3 or a couple of playoff years, will almost certainly never become a good team.  Only 1 franchise has done that in NFL history and you got to go back to Chuck Noll to find him, heck, Tom Landry taking over an expansion franchise has the longest tenure of coaching a bad team that went on to dominate.

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They did try.  They made the legitimate best offer to Detroit for Stafford, and he would have come here if the Rams hadn't thrown their hat in the ring at the last second.  

I'm not so sure we didn't offer more to the Lions than the Rams did? I remember seeing something where Stafford preferred going to LA over DC so the Lions did him a solid. I'll have to research it more and could be wrong but I know our offer was pretty comparable to the Rams offer if not better in an attempt to land Stafford.