Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

IMO, Williams should be the starting RB.  His build and speed make him big enough to carry the load.  

I'm not opposed to this....I like him, runs hard between the tackles and looks stronger than Gibson to me. 

2 hours ago, philibusters said:

I feel bad for Parker as he had a good camp and played well in the preseason games, but I didn't really want to keep six safeties.   Hopefully he finds a roster spot on another team.

I keep hearing that the Eagles need safety help....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not opposed to this....I like him, runs hard between the tackles and looks stronger than Gibson to me. 

In terms of working with what we got (Gibby, McK, Williams n Patt) I think using Williams in that similar kind of matter would be the best possible usage of our assets.

Have Williams, a big body who can take the punishment, in a 2020 Peyton Barber kinda role. A guy who quietly gives you 100 carries over the course of a year. Gibby still pulls the majority of rushing reps, but he gets a massive amount of help on inside and short yardage runs and is further freed up to take more reps in styles that better suit his skill set. Add in the 10 or so carries between McK n Samuel, and you got yourself an effective committee.

That being said a lot of these same players were available to do this last season, and the coaches just chose to ride Gibby until he fumbled. Since they were not properly blended into the action until Gibby got sat down, I'm not confident we go this route until I see it in game, hence my earlier prediction that we just go back to Gibby being RB Jesus again.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

In terms of working with what we got (Gibby, McK, Williams n Patt) I think using Williams in that similar kind of matter would be the best possible usage of our assets.

Have Williams, a big body who can take the punishment, in a 2020 Peyton Barber kinda role. A guy who quietly gives you 100 carries over the course of a year. Gibby still pulls the majority of rushing reps, but he gets a massive amount of help on inside and short yardage runs and is further freed up to take more reps in styles that better suit his skill set. Add in the 10 or so carries between McK n Samuel, and you got yourself an effective committee.

That being said a lot of these same players were available to do this last season, and the coaches just chose to ride Gibby until he fumbled. Since they were not properly blended into the action until Gibby got sat down, I'm not confident we go this route until I see it in game, hence my earlier prediction that we just go back to Gibby being RB Jesus again.

Good points....it seems to me that the coaches may be learning about Gibsons weaknesses as a bellcow back and understand that he needs help (drafting BRob). I like the way you spelled it out as a plan for this season; Spread the wealth.

I’m all about keeping Williams for the bruiser role. I’ve used up all of my begging but AG should be used as the Swiss Army knife that made him great in college. Get the man in open space.

we’ve all said it a million times but turner needs to get his head out of his ass. As a defense, it’s be nearly impossible to diagnose a play pre-snap and properly cover it if Gibson and mckissic are both out there.

I am guessing RB by committee until BRob is back to be the workhorse.  We already know what Gibson has to offer (which isn't a knock, just understanding his skillset) so mix in the other RBs on 1st/2nd down for the traditional carries and stick with the plan of Gibson catching the ball a lot more in the offense this year.  If the O-line is blocking well, then most traditional RBs are going to get yards even if they don't get the extra ones a true feature back would get.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I’m all about keeping Williams for the bruiser role. I’ve used up all of my begging but AG should be used as the Swiss Army knife that made him great in college. Get the man in open space.

we’ve all said it a million times but turner needs to get his head out of his ass. As a defense, it’s be nearly impossible to diagnose a play pre-snap and properly cover it if Gibson and mckissic are both out there.

I'm with you, look at the mismatches we should create with these guys on the field together: TMac, Samuel, Dotson, LT, McKissic or Gibson....

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

In that awesome TMac video earlier he was talking about the backs and said "Brob, JD, AG, JWill and the other guys" Sounded like JWill might have been making the roster.

Just now, philibusters said:

I had Danny Johnson on the roster so this is probably the first spot I was predicting inaccurately so far.

I didn't post, but I didn't. Dude was a walking touchdown this preseason. In the worst imagineable way.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay on the radio also his the point that he didn't think A. Rogers makes the team others disagree with him, will see.

This is the tricky thing with the timing of BRob. We should be able to get him on something not to count against the 53 today. Assuming that's why he's coming in today to meet with team doctors, but Bates, Cole and Thomas all appear to be healthy, so it's JWill or Amari.

• Like 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Surprised about Johnson.   Don't think he's good, but you had better bring in someone else.    Elder and Holmes as your 4th and 5th?   C'mon man

Both looked far more polished than veteran Danny Johnson. I don't know what you expect from corner spots 4/5, though.