Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Because of...what? It's hard to upgrade a kicker that never missed a FG.

Just nice to reminded that he continues to look good, or what distances he is practicing from.

The fact that we don't hear anything is good, i.e. he is not paying constant visits to shank city, but its still nice to check in every once and a while.

26 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think I've heard squat about the kicker. That would constitute a good thing of course, but It'd be to get an update.

There was a tweet earlier this week they did a kicking session and he went 4/4 with a 50 yarder or something. 

I’m not sure who posted it or tweeted it.  If I had to bet it was @Skinsinparadise.  But I don’t remember and I’m not going to look it up.  :P 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I can possibly see a bit of OBJ there as far as hands and body control, but OBJ was definitely sturdier as he came out at about 5'11 200 lbs and Dotson is 5'11 and about 180. OBJ also had an elite 3 cone drill of 6.69 whereas Dotson had a relatively poor one at 7.28. That's just a drill and not the end-all-be-all, but it's still a pretty important one.

The only comp they mentioned is catch radius. 

On 7/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

C.  Wentz overall has been shaky --accuracy isn't hot.  But they think give him time.

Let's just hope it's just early jitters.  Here's hoping we get the 2017-2019 Wentz and not the erratic one or it's back to square one

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard mixed things about Forrest depending on the podcast but the most positive was a recent one where they said they had him play Buffalo nickel and he hits hard.

I really hope Forest takes a step forward this year and he can be our buffalo nickel. He has size similar to Landon and is probably faster than him. While I love Kam anywhere on defense, I would prefer to keep him at strong while giving Percy Butler a chance to ease into playing time rather relying on him to play a lot at free safety. Having McCain and Kam at both safety spots is ideal to me. 

I know St Juste as been mentioned as a possible buffalo nickel too but I rather have him focus on playing corner (or in slot) and manning up on the AJ Browns and Lambs of the NFC east as his size matches up better than Fuller or Jackson. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RawRebel said:

The only comp they mentioned is catch radius. 

That's what I think is inferred from catch radius. Hands, body control, and leaping ability. Probably in that order. 

Frame, height and weight as well.

However, watching OBJs college tape and Jahan's isn't outlandish. Considering they both are 5'11, excellent hands, punt returners in college. OBJ more explosive.  Perhaps Jahan can overcome that with more nuanced route running ability. 

****It's the offseason..I listened to The Ringers Podcast on fantasy sleepers. Talking myself into Jahan as a late round sleeper and homer pick.****

Edited by Commander Wolffe

8 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Let's just hope it's just early jitters.  Here's hoping we get the 2017-2019 Wentz and not the erratic one or it's back to square one

We don't want Wentz standing there and thinking what to do; for him it needs to be automatic (I don't think he's going to be good whenever he has to improvise). Obviously learning the system is key for every QB, but for Wentz it's everything. 

• Like 1

Wentz had a slow start last year, but not awful. Then, by week 4 or 5 he was looking like a top 5 QB, until the Colts meltdown. 

I expect early on we'll see a lot of that run game we leaned on last year to win games, but with more down field throws mixed in.

By mid season itll swap to pass to set up the run.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wentz had a slow start last year, but not awful. Then, by week 4 or 5 he was looking like a top 5 QB, until the Colts meltdown. 

I expect early on we'll see a lot of that run game we leaned on last year to win games, but with more down field throws mixed in.

By mid season itll swap to pass to set up the run.

He missed the whole preseason because of his foot injury and got injured again in week 2. So there's hope he could be in a better situation this time. I just want him to be good against the Eagles in week 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vandelay_Industries said:

He missed the whole preseason because of his foot injury and got injured again in week 2. So there's hope he could be in a better situation this time. I just want him to be good against the Eagles in week 3.

Yeah me too. 4 revenge games for Wentz this year. First time hes been healthy since the start of 17' I think.

-I'm still surprised JP made the roster last year. Size matters for a RB. That visual against Robinson is amazing. Jr is going to be straight icing on the cake for our run game.

-I don't think I will believe Samuel is healthy until I see him in a game at this point, and the way the staff is nursing him along, I think the preseason game participation over/under for even a fully healthy Samuel is 1. Probably PS game 2.

-As others have noted I do like #1 for Dot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Ouch. Top to bottom passing offense seems to be having a rough day.

Also, at what point do we get clarification that Samuel is not "limited" to prevent injury but is actually injured?

I doubt we do. Keeping him a game time decision works to our advantage. He doesn't really need to play in the preseason much. I see why they're bringing him in slowly.