Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Brian Robinson RB Alabama

PCS

Ken Walker was knocked out of the game today.  With breece hall already done, could B Rob sneak his way into rookie of the year consideration?  Considering his comeback story, if his stats are even close to the competition, he should get it.  And he has been crucial to our playoff push.  We may be biased, but what a blessing he has been to our organization and hopefully gets some national love.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Ken Walker was knocked out of the game today.  With breece hall already done, could B Rob sneak his way into rookie of the year consideration?  Considering his comeback story, if his stats are even close to the competition, he should get it.  And he has been crucial to our playoff push.  We may be biased, but what a blessing he has been to our organization and hopefully gets some national love.  

Chris Olave would probably get it. He's been killing it for the Saints despite having QB play worse than ours.

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Chris Olave would probably get it. He's been killing it for the Saints despite having QB play worse than ours.

True.  A big part of the reason his stats are so good bc the saints have been down Thomas and Landry for so many games, he is the only legit receiving threat and they feed him the ball.  And they are usually losing.  But he is definitely a talent. 

I do wonder how Dotson would perform under those circumstances, bc I think they're both super talented guys.  If Dotson was forced into a #1 role on a team, his stats might look pretty similar to olave.  We are pretty lucky to have our trio.

28 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

True.  A big part of the reason his stats are so good bc the saints have been down Thomas and Landry for so many games, he is the only legit receiving threat and they feed him the ball.  And they are usually losing.  But he is definitely a talent. 

I do wonder how Dotson would perform under those circumstances, bc I think they're both super talented guys.  If Dotson was forced into a #1 role on a team, his stats might look pretty similar to olave.  We are pretty lucky to have our trio.

I loved Olave going into the draft. He was my #1 WR target(outside of Garret Wilson who was never gonna drop to us). But all in all, trading down and being able to get both Dotson AND Brian Robinson is probably gonna be better value in the long run. A healthy Dotson is quite good, maybe only a little bit below Olave, but getting a second offensive starter out of the trade is quite the coup.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I loved Olave going into the draft. He was my #1 WR target(outside of Garret Wilson who was never gonna drop to us). But all in all, trading down and being able to get both Dotson AND Brian Robinson is probably gonna be better value in the long run. A healthy Dotson is quite good, maybe only a little bit below Olave, but getting a second offensive starter out of the trade is quite the coup.

Howell and Turner too right?  At the expense of olave (11) and a 6th?  Definitely a good trade for us. 

I think Olave was believed to be the most pro ready.  He will be a stud. 

I admit I was not happy when I heard Dotson's name. I thought he was a late 1st early 2nd type prospect and I thought we reached.  I am glad I was wrong, I love his talent and his approach.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A case can be made that Brian Robinson is the toughest runner we've had since Riggo was in his prime.

The scary thing is that he still hasn't fully recovered from his gunshot wounds.

Edited to add:

Mind boggling question: How does any competent offensive coordinator hand the ball off to a guy who is absolutely destroying the defense only 4 times in the second half?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A case can be made that Brian Robinson is the toughest runner we've had since Riggo was in his prime.

The scary thing is that he still hasn't fully recovered from his gunshot wounds.

Edited to add:

Mind boggling question: How does any competent offensive coordinator hand the ball off to a guy who is absolutely destroying the defense only 4 times in the second half?

You may have answered your own question with your second statement. 

• Thumb up 2

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This fact alone made me absolutely certain that Scott Turner is holding our offense back with his piss poor in-game play calls.  And the jet sweeps?

Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

This fact alone made me absolutely certain that Scott Turner is holding our offense back with his piss poor in-game play calls.  And the jet sweeps?

Fail Just For Laughs GIF

They did not have an answer for BRob. But pounding the rock wont make Turner look ingenious. IMO Its an ego issue and he often outsmarts himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/23/2022 at 8:00 AM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Edited to add:

Byner would be my pick for toughest after Riggins. But Brian has a good start to a short season for him. 

On 12/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, redskinss said:

You may have answered your own question with your second statement. 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Edited to add:

On 12/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, Rex Tomb said:

Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Not to stop the Turner hate fest from our board OC experts, but he was hurt.