Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Brian Robinson RB Alabama

PCS

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 2:25 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I like this kid. Don’t know if he’s explosive enough to be a top tier back but he’s a bruiser and a nice piece.

He definitely seemed more explosive to me pre getting shot, I bet he's gonna get get better over time. I refuse to believe this is his top tier burst

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Yeah he'll get quicker and more confident, not just as he gets further from a traumatic attack, but also just from seeing more things on the field via reps.  Decisiveness comes with experience.  Looks like the game is slowing down for Gibby in year three and it won't take as long for the same to happen with BRob because he came into the NFL further ahead in his development.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

To be honest, he hadnt impressed me leading up into the last 2 weeks, seemed Gibson would get more yards on a carry because he just saw the holes better.  But the last two weeks I think has been a huge improvement for him, along with his bruising style he seems to have started seeing the holes better and getting those extra yards BEFORE contact.  Hopefully he can keep that up, will be special if he can.

And to be fair he has the best excuse ever for it taking him a little longer to learn some things.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 4

Told one of my Eagles buddy yesterday during the game that I really think BRob will at some point in his career could be the NFLs leading rusher!

Imagine 20-25 carries a game and him being fully healthy physically and mentally?  Henry is getting up there and Taylor plays for a bad offense. His biggest challenge could be Chubb but he has competition for carries with Hunt. All other offenses in todays NFL are too pass happy. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

Told one of my Eagles buddy yesterday during the game that I really think BRob will at some point in his career could be the NFLs leading rusher!

Imagine 20-25 carries a game and him being fully healthy physically and mentally?  Henry is getting up there and Taylor plays for a bad offense. His biggest challenge could be Chubb but he has competition for carries with Hunt. All other offenses in todays NFL are too pass happy. 

I'm less confident about that, especially the 20-25 carries part. As illogical as this sounds, I feel like he and Gibson have "chemistry" with the way they are sharing the load. It doesn't make sense to say that two guys who aren't on the field at the same time have chemistry, and yet, it seems like it's working in a way where they both thrive off of each other.  Kudos to the coaches I guess for figuring it out.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

On 11/25/2022 at 7:30 AM, Going Commando said:

Yeah he'll get quicker and more confident, not just as he gets further from a traumatic attack, but also just from seeing more things on the field via reps.  Decisiveness comes with experience.  Looks like the game is slowing down for Gibby in year three and it won't take as long for the same to happen with BRob because he came into the NFL further ahead in his development.

Robinson at Alabama looked more explosive than what we've seen here until yesterday.  Naturally, his gun shots I am sure derailed him to some extent.  but the dude I saw yesterday reminded me some of his play in college.  The other thing we haven't seen much of yet is his pass catching ability.  He's not like a Kamara type but he does have sneaky good hands in spite of his drop yesterday. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I'm less confident about that, especially the 20-25 carries part. As illogical as this sounds, I feel like he and Gibson have "chemistry" with the way they are sharing the load. It doesn't make sense to say that two guys who aren't on the field at the same time have chemistry, and yet, it seems like it's working in a way where they both thrive off of each other.  Kudos to the coaches I guess for figuring it out.

I can understand we have a 2 headed backfield committee but in the second half yesterday it was BRob who had the rushing carries with Jonathan Williams sprinkled in. Gibson was on the sidelines. I think we will see more of that where Gibby get occasional rushes but maybe less than 10 per game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I can understand we have a 2 headed backfield committee but in the second half yesterday it was BRob who had the rushing carries with Jonathan Williams sprinkled in. Gibson was on the sidelines. I think we will see more of that where Gibby get occasional rushes but maybe less than 10 per game. 

I don't think they deviate too far from what is working.

Yesterday was the perfect game to sprinkle in a more north south guy due to the conditions.

Gibby was out there doing spin moves in the rain lol.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Robinson at Alabama looked more explosive than what we've seen here until yesterday.  Naturally, his gun shots I am sure derailed him to some extent.  but the dude I saw yesterday reminded me some of his play in college.  The other thing we haven't seen much of yet is his pass catching ability.  He's not like a Kamara type but he does have sneaky good hands in spite of his drop yesterday. 

Just imagine how good our running game will be once we upgrade the oline this off-season.  I know the bigger issue is pass protection but the running game can only get better if we can move Cosmi back inside and upgrade the LT and center.