Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

33 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

12.6 billion dollars in profit overall… 140m is a rounding error. Weird to make this a headline unless you trying to throw shade for no newsworthy reason.. 

https://www.electrive.com/2023/01/26/tesla-doubles-profit-over-2022-takes-aim-for-1-8-million-vehicles-in-2023/

they made 100 million from it in 2021..

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/1112689091/bitcoin-tesla-selloff

All said, investing in bitcoin is dumb, and mining it is damaging to the environment, so I’m glad Tesla got out when they did.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

12.6 billion dollars in profit overall… 140m is a rounding error. Weird to make this a headline unless you trying to throw shade for no newsworthy reason..

He invested $1.5B...lost about 10% (that's one helluva rounding error)...sold off a bunch and lost money doing so.

The story isn't about how well or poorly Tesla overall did in 2022, it's about Tesla's investment in bitcoin and how that investment performed. It's also indirectly about "Dude, you're supposed to be a billionaire genius...you should have known better."

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If $140 million is a "rounding error", making $100 million is finding change in the couch seat cushions lol...

Indeed, so the net is a loss of around 40million, and that doesn’t include any cars he may have sold due to the ability to pay with bitcoin…. Free advertising he got from doing it, ect.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Indeed, so the net is a loss of around 40million, and that doesn’t include any cars he may have sold due to the ability to pay with bitcoin…. Free advertising he got from doing it, ect.

My assumption (and it could have been wrong) was that the $140M loss included the $100M gain...make $100M from bitcoin, then lose $240M, leaving you with a $140M loss from investing in bitcoin.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My assumption (and it could have been wrong) was that the $140M loss included the $100M gain...make $100M from bitcoin, then lose $240M, leaving you with a $140M loss from investing in bitcoin.

No, it’s two different years. He made 100 million in 2021 and lost 140 in 2022; those are realized gains and losses. At one point he made over 1 billion dollars on his bitcoin trade; but that was only on paper.

• Thumb up 1

Does any one person truly know how the Twitter works? 🧐

I tweeted Elon about this really cool site tgst has helped me when I was designing my own html code with the php

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/forum

Basically you post your topics and then you get some help but only after about three pages of back of forth until after someone mentions letting the smoke out and posts smart ass links to lmgtfy and xyproblem

https://xyproblem.info/

All he has to do is post teh code

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Now I dont' claim to be no web developer but there is word that soon Twitter will disable their free API.

I use a twitter third party software on the right of my screen. It lists tweets that I need to see in order to be informed.

For the more technical, is this decision putting my free knowledge and tweets at risk?

image.png.dd26779caeb581017035c274489422e4.png

Answer: Yes it will. Those apps depend on Twitter's free API which will now be put behind a paywall. Elon ruined Twitter. He ruined the ****ing third party apps and he ruined Twitter. **** Elon.

I'm so mad right now. I depend on these tweets and information to scout and post information here to inform y'all. How can I do that now??

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Answer: Yes it will. Those apps depend on Twitter's free API which will now be put behind a paywall. Elon ruined Twitter. He ruined the ****ing third party apps and he ruined Twitter. **** Elon.

I'm so mad right now. I depend on these tweets and information to scout and post information here to inform y'all. How can I do that now??

By paying for it, of course. I’m sure those same developers (or different ones) will pay Elon his cut and them you can pay them their cut. It’s how apple and Samsung AppStore work, essentially.

Clearly you value it. I don’t know why you (or more broadly anyone) think you should get something for free that costs Twitter real money.

Twitter was unsustainable as a business before Elon bought it. There is no guarantees that doing things that drive revenue (at the expense of user base) will help, but users of Twitter that don’t generate revenue for Twitter are just costs.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

By paying for it, of course. I’m sure those same developers (or different ones) will pay Elon his cut and them you can pay them their cut. It’s how apple and Samsung AppStore work, essentially.

Clearly you value it. I don’t know why you (or more broadly anyone) think you should get something for free that costs Twitter real money.

Twitter was unsustainable as a business before Elon bought it. There is no guarantees that doing things that drive revenue (at the expense of user base) will help, but users of Twitter that don’t generate revenue for Twitter are just costs.

The whole point of social media is to spread information freely and fairly, doggy. If Twitter can't do that then what good is it.

I've been called a leech for doing this, how is it being a leech? I'm using a third party app that someone has made for Twitter in order to receive free information as is my right as an American and internet user.

All this arguing is moot anyway as the app I use will continue to be supported off 2/9. Therefore I have lost my anger and am no longer "worked up" over any potential loss to free information. That said many other apps that depend on the twitter api will no longer exist which is sad.

I don't know how this can be justified.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

No it isn't. You're still allowed access to the internet you just need to subscribe to Twitter to use their site.

Excuse me? I am subscribed to Twitter.

I don't see what the issue is. But again the app will continue to work. RIP to all the third party apps that will stop working on 2/9.