Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Democrats are Objectively doing a terrible job running the country.

Forever A Redskin

2 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

The economy was the best it's been in years prior to the lockdowns. 

Blaming gas prices on Putin when they were surging well beforehand is laughable.

Well you are partly correct. Trump inherited an economy in Jan 2017 that had 91 straight months of economic expansion. It stopped under Trump in 2020.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Can't wait for Tim Pool to be called a gateway to the far right. 

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

You're not going to get an answer.

These people are a dime a dozen.  All they do is repeat what they saw on Fox or OANN or on their Facebook groups.

And on there they don't have any ideas ether.

I get my news from neither. But yes, Democrats are just superior and more educated.

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

The economy was the best it's been in years prior to the lockdowns. 

Blaming gas prices on Putin when they were surging well beforehand is laughable.

It wasn’t.  But whatever.  But if you want to believe that then you must be in favor running up the deficit and more government spending.  And you call yourself a Libertarian?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You're not going to get an answer.

These people are a dime a dozen.  All they do is repeat what they saw on Fox or OANN or on their Facebook groups.

And on there they don't have any ideas ether.

Yeah, I know. That post was more to make a point. That was the 3rd time I asked, and the first time is still on the front page, I have not removed it. In fact, I was nice in my first post. I was trying to answer some of his questions. I’m not the most intelligent or elegant.

but, surely fixing gas prices should be easy……maybe all he has to do is travel America, go to all the gas pumps and roll the, back himself.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It wasn’t.  But whatever.  But if you want to believe that then you must be in favor running up the deficit and more government spending.  And you call yourself a Libertarian?

Tbf the US had a 132 months straight of economic expansion from 2009 to 2020. Unfortunately for this dude, 75% was under Obama. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

image.png.b0319a83d21c5765d655d4da1f201d78.png

This is a person whose opinion on macroeconomics I definitely need to hear.

Yes. Talk down to the peasants who don't know how to format a forum posts and judge people on the clothes they wear. 

Sounds super tolerant and inclusive.

Edited by Forever A Redskin

Trump shored up US energy production. Biden shut down the pipeline and ran on being against fracking. 

We were nearly energy independent. 

Laughing off gas prices because people should just snap their fingers and buy a 20k electric car is absurd.

2018 were the best numbers of our lives. But sure, it's all because it was inherited from Obama.

I guess the metric of the Democrats doing a great job is because "it's not trump" is still the argument.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Haha 1

Yes. Talk down to the peasants who don't know how to format a forum posts and judge people on the clothes they wear. 

You didn't answer my question about what metric you are using to make the claim regarding the best economy ever.  Can you answer that please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The alternative is authoritarianism bent on fascism. **** that, and **** those who want that. Running the country is much more preferable to destroying it completely, even if it isn't very good. Given the current state of insanity governing the right and the lockstep in which they move against everything, to expect anything to be done well is absolutely ignorant.

~Bang

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Trump shored up US energy production. Biden shut down the pipeline and ran on being against fracking. 

Laughing off gas prices because people should just snap their fingers and buy a 20k electric car is absurd.

That pipeline was for sending oil through the country for exports. It would have nothing to do with energy independence. 

The oil (largely tar sands oil), from Canada, would be sent to the US and refined in the US, and then transported overseas and sold. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm 100% tolerant and inclusive of people's right to have **** grammar and wear whatever clothes they want to wear.  But I will also identify them as people whose views I don't need to respect.  You are confusing tolerance with agreement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm 100% tolerant and inclusive of people's right to have **** grammar and wear whatever clothes they want to wear.  But I will also identify them as people whose views I don't need to respect.  You are confusing tolerance with agreement.

Tim Pool is well educated on the topics he speaks on.

But you don't respect him. But what about the blue haired incels that screech at the top of their lungs when anyone with an opposing viewpoint from their own, speaks on their college campuses? Those who refuse to let others speak are the people I don't respect. 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That pipeline was for sending oil through the country for exports. It would have nothing to do with energy independence. 

The oil (largely tar sands oil), from Canada, would be sent to the US and refined in the US, and then transported overseas and sold. 

What's wild about this misinformation is Keystone XL was a short cut for a pipeline that already existed.

And a major blow to it came from the Supreme Court before Biden was elected. 

I'd just like to say that these drive-by posters like 'Forever a Redskin' do an absolutely awful job of converting anyone on the fence over to their side.  It's like they just show up and start parroting Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro talking points, with zero substance and pretend that they are 'owning the libs'.  Not one ounce of originality nor any art for debate, yet actually have the audacity to make-believe that they are countering the points of those they've sought to engage.

It's literally impossible to engage and debate with people like this because in reality they actually know very little about the subjects they wish to argue about.  I'd say they are trolling on purpose but I know too many people in real life that are just like this, that spend all of their days online parroting quack BS that only magnifies the world of ignorance and delusion they choose to live in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tim Pool is well educated on the topics he speaks on.

Quick Google says he dropped out of school at age 14.  But please, inform me of his credentials and I'll change my opinion.  

But you don't respect him. But what about the blue haired incels that screech at the top of their lungs when anyone with an opposing viewpoint from their own, speaks on their college campuses? Those who refuse to let others speak are the people I don't respect. 

I don't respect those folk's opinions.  I tolerate their right to free speech.  Again, tolerance =/= agreement.  This isn't that hard of a concept. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Biden is not bottlenecking drilling. 

Aaron Weiss, deputy director of the environmental group Center for Western Priorities, said the Biden administration has continued to “rubber stamp” drilling approvals.

“Even under Biden, 96 percent are getting approved versus 98 percent under Trump,” he said. (Source)

That's a simple statement for a very complicated thing, and not truthful.  

U.S. net imports have been declining since 2005 as a result of hydraulic fracturing. That year, U.S. net imports of petroleum and petroleum products (e.g., gasoline, diesel, jet fuel) averaged 12.5 million barrels per day (BPD). By the time President Obama left office, the number had declined to 4.8 million BPD (Source). During Obama’s last full month in office, the number was 4.2 million BPD.

When President Trump took over, the downward trend continued. During President Trump’s last year in office, the net import number turned negative. It is therefore true that we gained energy independence (per this definition of net imports) under President Trump. Net exports in 2020 averaged 635,000 BPD for the year.

However, when the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in widespread stay-at-home orders, U.S. energy demand and energy production both plummeted. For the first four months of 2020, net exports averaged one million BPD. But then by May we had to start importing again. In May and June the U.S. imported (net) three quarters of a million BPD. In the second half of the year, net imports once again became net exports. For the full year of 2020, the U.S. became a net exporter for the first time in modern history. (Source)

This I agree with, but the issue should be with the corporations and regulation of pricing. If you have an issue with the price at the pump and blame the administration that's an issue you need to do further reading on. 

2018 were the best numbers of our lives. But sure, it's all because it was inherited from Obama.

I'm not sure what you are referencing in the 2018 numbers, please share. 

I guess the metric of the Democrats doing a great job is because "it's not trump" is still the argument.

I'm a believe that Trump was absolutely the worst president of my adult lifetime. His tax cut, governance style, inability to speak in a coherent sentence and the damage he did the US on the geopolitical stage are just some of my reasons. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts with supporting information on what you liked and what you are looking forward to. Support your statement, making a one line quip does no one any good. ES can be a great place of debate and nuanced conversation but you have to support yourself. If you don't do that, it's going to be pointless to continue in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's literally impossible to engage and debate with people like this because in reality they actually know very little about the subjects they wish to argue about.  I'd say they are trolling on purpose but I know too many people in real life that are just like this, that spend all of their days online parroting quack BS that only magnifies the world of ignorance and delusion they choose to live in.

To be fair there isn't much of anything stated from either side in this thread.  All the left can fall back on is calling names, or Trumpers, or blaming Fox News.  It's all just right fighting and flexing their colors.  Would love to see intelligent debate.  Unfortunately or FORTUNATELY the echo chamber posse of sharks is circling Forever a Redskin.  He'll then get the ban hammer for offending the echo chamber and then the echo chamber will live on 🥰

• Haha 2

Masking, COVID and social distancing did stunt childhood development.  The question is was it worth it in the face of a generational pandemic that still killed too many people.  Yes, unfortunately. Reasonable people should be able to discuss this without turning into name calling, poop throwing argument  or turning pandemic response into a political issue.  Did anyone love masking so much they kept it on in privacy of their own home or in their car even?  Hell no.  

I am grateful my kids were homeschooled, but still had a community (setup pre pandemic) they went to once a week.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

To be fair there isn't much of anything stated from either side in this thread.  All the left can fall back on is calling names, or Trumpers, or blaming Fox News.  It's all just right fighting and flexing their colors.  Would love to see intelligent debate.  Unfortunately or FORTUNATELY the echo chamber posse of sharks is circling Forever a Redskin.  He'll then get the ban hammer for offending the echo chamber and then the echo chamber will live on 🥰

I don't think that's completely fair. It has to be a discussion, you have to support your statements with something factual. This board is great because we have people that do everything from own their own business to people that have PHDs in a variety of fields. We have people with differing viewpoint across many areas, but the key is they support their points if they need to. 

If you can't support your statement and keep on pounding the table making these statements you add nothing to the discussion. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Everything is fine. Buy an electric car and feel lucky you're even able to buy food at all.

Didn't watch this. I'm sure Timcast.com is an excellent source of information tho. Nothing but top notch journalism. 🤣

Are you yourself going to be answering any of the questions put forth in this thread?

Edited by Captain Wiggles

17 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Biden didn’t shut down any active pipeline. He did shut down the Keystone Pipeline expansion. How in the hell is a pipeline that wasn’t even going to be finished until next year supposed to help our gas prices now?

Also, yes, if you are looking at things objectively, this country was on the rise for the last 6 years of Obamas 2 terms.  Go to the BLS.gov website and poke around . It is a wealth of information. Nobody can objectively look at the states labor and statistics and say that Obama did not have a humongous influence in how this country improved those years and beyond.

Trump took over a country that was rocking and it continued despite him and his policies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

Would love to see intelligent debate.

I, and several others, have asked him to support his statements by either providing a source or just more clarity and he has yet to do so.  Hard to debate his economic opinions with vague general statements. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1