Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rip Dwayne Haskins

88Comrade2000

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I read that whole thing and couldn’t find anything about the driver or his cooperation. Where are you hearing or reading that?

I don't know how you got anything from that article. The grammar and spelling were atrocious.

They called Adam Schefter, Adam Shifter and Gil Brandt, Jill Brandt. 🤔

The article would be amusing if it wasn't about such tragic circumstances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yes, now is the perfect time to insult the man...nice job.

I wasn't Gil Brandt but you do have a point.  I guess I'm just confused on what timeline would be appropriate to point out that crossing a highway, or in this case multiple highways, was a dumb decision.  I guess I should have given it a day or so, my apologies.  

48 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I wasn't Gil Brandt but you do have a point.  I guess I'm just confused on what timeline would be appropriate to point out that crossing a highway, or in this case multiple highways, was a dumb decision.  I guess I should have given it a day or so, my apologies.  

Meh, there's a website called Darwin Awards for a reason. Crossing a highway at 637 in the am is up there.

32 minutes ago, Hunter_R said:

Meh, there's a website called Darwin Awards for a reason. Crossing a highway at 637 in the am is up there.

Absolutely but it's insensitive to point that out on the day we learned of this tragedy.  And of course what Gil Brandt did went beyond insensitive.  I'm just confused on what the timeline is where we can say this without sounding insensitive, pretty sure the same day is too soon as I have learned.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You said "making yet another stupid decision"...so your comment was about more than just why he got hit, and veers into being a comment about Haskins' character and intellect overall. So it's not just about timing.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You made a comment on his decision, to soon to do that.  Always the way you commented, attacked the character of Dwayne.

Obviously, Dwayne made a unfortumate decision because it caused him to loose his life.

What's going to be knawing for his family/friends is why Dwayne got out?

Did Dwayne have a cell? Why not use the cell, unless it's not charged?

He was on his way to the airport. Ft. Lauderdale airport, I assume.  I've been on i-595 and I've been to that airport. You don't want to be walking on that highway or attempt to cross it. Way to busy.   The time of accident was 6:37am, probably almost 30 minutes before sunrise yesterday. It was probably still mostly dark then. Even though it was a Saturday, the road was still busy.

Unfortnuately, they will never get an answer.

Steelers were giving him a second shot and even though they signed Tribusky, Dwayne would've been competiting for the job.  If not becoming a starter, Dwayne probably could've had a career as a backup.  Backups make good money now.  

Dwayne can rest in peace now and throw footballs now in heaven, in the Buckeye corner of heaven.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Why in the world would you think linking to this article was a good idea? It looks and reads like a horrible translation of another language and doesn't even address what you claim it does.

I don't know. I thought because of the video of the traffic report and didn't notice the one a few posts before I posted the URL. It reads like a bad blog. The second paragraph didn't make any sense at all. I just stated the driver comment because I read it somewhere in an article or tweet but couldn't remember where. Also read that the driver may have veered off the road onto the off lanes. Sorry about the confusion.

Edit: Source on the police statement about the driver cooperating with the investigation.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/steelers-dwayne-haskins-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-in-south-florida/

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Like 1

Has any more information come out as to why he was on that highway?

22 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You said "making yet another stupid decision"...so your comment was about more than just why he got hit, and veers into being a comment about Haskins' character and intellect overall. So it's not just about timing.

You were right to call me out from making those comments on the day  he died. That was wrong of me and I apologized. However it doesn't change the accuracy of what I said, he has a well documented history of making bad decisions and this appears to be another one.. So we're back to the timing which was clearly wrong on my part.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1