Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

Listened to a guy who worked on schedules for 10 years or so on Finlay's podcast.  He didn't do this schedule but he shared some stuff and hinted at some stuff.  Nothing that interesting but for whatever its worth, here were the highlights to me.

A.  NFL is obsessed with prime time match ups to the extent of using anayltics to judge what matchups will have the highest TV ratings.  He strongly hinted that this team isn't a team that draws a national audience.  He doesn't seem to think we get a Sunday Night game.  Thinks we get one Monday Nighter.

B.  They talked about Washington being one of the NFL teams who struggle to draw fans so that factors in some of what they do, scheduling sometimes the bigger teams early in the season. 

C.  He thinks with the speculation of Watson missing the first half of the season, they might stack the more interesting games later.  Finlay later speculated that means we might get the Browns early.

D.  He says the NFL does seriously consider teams requests so if the Commanders complained about how their travel schedule was oriented last year, he does think they will try to make up for that this year.

E.  He does think this team having 2 back to back home opener games does stack the deck that it might be a road opener but he doesn't think that's a given

F.  He is guessing the Monday Night prime time game or Thursday one they get would be versus The Eagles in Philly.  He doesn't think the Colts-Wentz narrative is that interesting to a national audience so he doesn't think that one goes prime time.

I guess will see if he's right or wrong soon enough

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

FWIW, the main leaker dude on Twitter has made a number of mistakes on his leaks— he’s either totally making it up for fun and not doing his homework all that well or some of his info is good and some is off. 

Seems like there's too much of the "that's the way they've always done it" mindset leading to the conclusion that Detroit will absolutely play an AFC team on Thanksgiving. But if you've followed things for the past decade, you know that the historical rules don't apply anymore. I'll just wait until the schedule comes out tomorrow to see what's up. I've just gotten to the point where I'm kind of sick of seeing us against Dallas on Thanksgiving yet again. 

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Seems like there's too much of the "that's the way they've always done it" mindset leading to the conclusion that Detroit will absolutely play an AFC team on Thanksgiving. But if you've followed things for the past decade, you know that the historical rules don't apply anymore. I'll just wait until the schedule comes out tomorrow to see what's up. I've just gotten to the point where I'm kind of sick of seeing us against Dallas on Thanksgiving yet again. 

I want a Thursday night Turkey day game but we will never be good to get one.

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I want a Thursday night Turkey day game but we will never be good to get one.

Didn't we have one against the Giants in 2017? And that was sandwiched in between two Thanksgiving games against Dallas.

Two years in a row recently we had Saints vs Falcons as the night game. This league is a joke when it comes to originality.

• Like 1

This may throw everything off again I just read rumor  

Thanksgiving?

Washington vs Detriot 1230

Buccaneers vs Cowboys 4pm

Buffalo vs Baltimore 830

This could work. Would make sense if we play cowboys TNF next week.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

There could be something to this.

Edited by Redskins 2021

28 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Didn't we have one against the Giants in 2017? And that was sandwiched in between two Thanksgiving games against Dallas.

Two years in a row recently we had Saints vs Falcons as the night game. This league is a joke when it comes to originality.

I went to look and some site listed the Commanders. The commanders haven't played a game yet.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

That’s right. 2016 @ Cowboys (that was a close game, should’ve gotten another 4 downs cause of a hold on jordan Reed) then 2017 Vs Giants that night (20-10 W) then 2018 @ Cowboys (4 days after Alex smiths leg injury, and only lost by

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yall up in arms about a schedule like you can't wait for the NFL to release it. Lmbo yall acting like games are right around the corner

“Up in arms”? Nobody here is “up in arms” lmaooooo 😂 what people ARE doing, is having a fun discussion about who we might play on which date. That’s hardly “up in arms” 

And no ***^ games aren’t right around the corner. People just like finding out the dates because it makes it easier to know when to make travel arrangements (flights, hotels, etc) for away games or flying in for a home game. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Personally I think this new delayed release trick is nonsense. I think these 'leakers' are doing it to make the league look bad, and I hope it does. It's just a schedule! Remember what Mark Cuban said about the NFL's greed: pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Turning the NFL schedule release into an NFL Draft-esque type of event will just make a lot of people tune out...because ultimately the schedule doesn't predict anything because players will always be missing games.

Here's a leak: Browns at Jaguars, 1 PM, any Sunday in 2022.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I remember a couple of years ago watching a video on the Rams website that showed their front office receiving the phone call from the league the day of the official release. It was as a really well done video, with live reactions from the team. This was filmed probably around noon or so on that day. It was noted at the time that all 32 teams receive calls like that that day. It gives them enough time for their internet people to create a fancy release that they can unveil at 8PM. 

So yeah, I agree that the teams don’t know for sure yet. That being said, it’s possible that the actual schedule has already been finalized meaning that someone could be in a position to leak it.

• Like 1

Will Compton tweeted today that the 1:00 Christmas Day game is titans raiders. So that makes the Christmas Day schedule so far: 

1:00 Titans Vs Raiders FOX

4:30 Broncos Vs Rams CBS 

(his tweet said CBS, guessing he meant Fox, since the 4:30 game is on CBS)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No leaks about our game in San Francisco? There is going to be a big take over. Always is when we play in the west coast.

do you know how hard it is to get to that stadium from SF?  I am toying with that game but I've heard their stadium is in the boondocks. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

do you know how hard it is to get to that stadium from SF?  I am toying with that game but I've heard their stadium is in the boondocks. 

It’s 8 miles from San Jose airport. They are pretty much the San Jose 49ers. You can get a cheap southwest flight to SJC and it’s not bad. You can take a train to SF to do sightseeing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No leaks about our game in San Francisco? There is going to be a big take over. Always is when we play in the west coast.

Commanders takeover my ass. Other teams fans takeover our stadium. We don’t have enough fans left to takeover any stadium. That’s not going to change , even if we had a good record going into the game.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s further away from SF than Dumfries is from DC…..;/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Commanders takeover my ass. Other teams fans takeover our stadium. We don’t have enough fans left to takeover any stadium. That’s not going to change , even if we had a good record going into the game.

Not true. We took over Vegas last year and that was an expensive ticket because it was the first year in that stadium. We always pack LA, Arizona and 49ers. Huge fan base still. I actually prefer the road games than flying to Fedex. The Washington fans at away games are happier and less bitter. Everyone hates Snyder and FedEx field. They show up elsewhere we play.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not true. I was at the Atlanta game and while it was not a Wash take over there were close to 50/50 falcons/Washington fans. I had a loge box and many sitting around me were Washington fans. When Taylor hit that prayer in the EZ to Terry it sounded more like a home TD. Same with the KO return.