Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Israeli-American pitcher Dean Kremer will make his first career playoff start for the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday night while thinking about family members in Israel, where war has been declared following a deadly attack by the militant group Hamas.

Can't imagine thinking where his head is at right now!  Players around him need to step up tonight (regarding the game)!

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He should've been out of the game as soon as it was 3-0. 

Honeslty, it probalby doesn't matter.  Expecting the bullpen to pitch 7 1/3 innings wasn't going to work either.   They'd give up at least 4 runs to this lineup.

And then we'd have to boot Eovaldi sooner than they'd like.  Which I think is unlikely.

5 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Honeslty, it probalby doesn't matter.  Expecting the bullpen to pitch 7 1/3 innings wasn't going to work either.   They'd give up at least 4 runs to this lineup.

And then we'd have to boot Eovaldi sooner than they'd like.  Which I think is unlikely.

Probably not, but Hyde needs the experience of managing this type of game cause he's made some curious decisions the last two games. 

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Will they offer Santander arbitration? Looks like he could get around $12M.

Yes but only to become a trade candidate. Need to spend on actually upgrading the pitching staff for the playoffs. 

36 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

We're gonna need vet pitching if we want to win in the playoffs.

Yup. The decision not to add pitching at the deadline (are we really going to count Jack Flaherty?), when we have a stocked farm system to deal from, is coming back to bite them in the ass.

Still a great season, and this is a terrific team. You can't fluke your way to 100+ wins in MLB. We've got some good years ahead of us.

3 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

Yup. The decision not to add pitching at the deadline (are we really going to count Jack Flaherty?), when we have a stocked farm system to deal from, is coming back to bite them in the ass.

Still a great season, and this is a terrific team. You can't fluke your way to 100+ wins in MLB. We've got some good years ahead of us.

Yeah I guess they kinda did with Gibson and Flaherty.  The problem is they stunk down the stretch so they went with Rodriguez and Kremer.  Ironically we may have won game 2 if Flaherty had started.  But that would have been an incredibly hard gutsy call for Hyde to make.

Sad. Team is young, hopefully they learn from this.

I agree, we need a top of the rotation starter. We had guys like Gibson and Kremer sort of outperform all expectations this year. Can't rely on them. I am praying Bradish and Rodriguez keep sharp and get even better.  Another quality bat is necessary too. 

That's the thing with the playoffs, you can afford one or two "off games." This is not the long haul of the regular season, every single game is crucial.

35 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yes but only to become a trade candidate. Need to spend on actually upgrading the pitching staff for the playoffs. 

Take Shohei out of the equation, the best SP FAs are Snell, Yamamoto, Montgomery, ERod, Gray, and Nola. I don’t see Angelos swimming in those waters.

Maybe there is a controlled pitcher that they could trade for. Perhaps Cease if they are confident that they can identify and correct the reasons he had a down season this year.

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Take Shohei out of the equation, the best SP FAs are Snell, Yamamoto, Montgomery, ERod, Gray, and Nola. I don’t see Angelos swimming in those waters.

Maybe there is a controlled pitcher that they could trade for. Perhaps Cease if they are confident that they can identify and correct the reasons he had a down season this year.

The O's are the perfect team for Shohei for the next 3-4 seasons. Pipe dream, but they should inquire. 

19 minutes ago, SloppyOneXXVI said:

We haven't been swept since last May. I'll worry about the off-season tomorrow.... tonight I'm going to drink a copious amount of beers and be sad for these guys.  What a great team and season, sucks going out like this.

Yup. They were great through the better part of 162 games, spread out over 6 months. And then 3 bad games in 4 days, and they're done.

Doesn't seem fair.

• Sad 1