Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

McKenna pitched a better 9th than Grayrod's 4th.  In fact I think his ERA in the game was better

This makes me wonder why the team with the huge lead doesn't have a position player pitch the 9th as well.  If they start sucking too much they can always put in a real reliever

Edited by DCSaints_fan

16 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

McKenna pitched a better 9th than Grayrod's 4th.  In fact I think his ERA in the game was better

This makes me wonder why the team with the huge lead doesn't have a position player pitch the 9th as well.  If they start sucking too much they can always put in a real reliever

I think the Tampa position players gave up 11 run on an inning or two. Sometimes it’s good to get a reliever in when it’s a low pressure situation. 

18 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Why couldn't they bring in a legit starter?

They sent Rodriguez down but couldn’t bring Irvin back up because he wasn’t eligible yet. Definitely didn’t manage that situation well. I guess Voth is supposed to be able to pitch 4-5 innings but he stunk and it was definitely a blown opportunity for the Birdos. 

I can't believe the Oreos keep winning greater than 6 of 10 games on average. Too bad watching the baseball games that you want to watch is impossible. The last time that I remember the Oreos being this good was close to 30 years ago. I know they had a year or 2 here or there where they were decent but I wasn't paying attention. 

Watch them dump good players at the trade deadline while being in the playoff hunt, again. 

• Thumb down 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:59 AM, SkinsFTW said:

The last time that I remember the Oreos being this good was close to 30 years ago. I know they had a year or 2 here or there where they were decent but I wasn't paying attention. 

They won 90+ in 2012, had a winning record in 2013 and just missed the playoffs, won the division in 2014, 500 in 15 and were a playoff team in 16. 

That was half a decade without a losing record and (I think?) the most wins in the AL during that span. 

The crazy thing is - this is just the beginning. They weren’t supposed to have a winning record last year and they did. They aren’t supposed to be this good this year, but (so far) they are.

I’m just going to enjoy it while it happens and not stress about roster changes.