Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

8 hours ago, The Sisko said:

And you clearly didn’t read the rest of that paragraph. We all know what they’ve done, but there were reasons to believe they would not do the same kinds of things in this case. 

I don’t think that’s the case at all. It’s really the opposite, Russia has a history of genocide against the Ukrainian people. They’ve done it to others, but this isn’t even the first time they’ve done it to the Ukrainians.

• Like 2

The human rights council is a joke anyways. 

many of those countries have absolutely no business even being on it. 

you make international organizations a joke by involving the people that are the prime examples of the thing the organization is supposed to combat. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

you make international organizations a joke by involving the people that are the prime examples of the thing the organization is supposed to combat. 

we-investigated-ourselves-186b246d55.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Somebody once tried to explain to me that the UN puts people like Iran or NK on that commission, as a way of shaming by putting them on it. 

No, it didn't make sense to me. Then or now. 

• Like 1

Here are the six Republicans who voted against investigating Russia for war crimes

The House on Wednesday passed a bill that would direct President Biden to prepare a report on the government’s efforts to collect and examine evidence related to war crimes and other atrocities committed during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The bipartisan legislation, dubbed the Ukraine Invasion War Crimes Deterrence and Accountability Act, passed the lower chamber in a 418-7 vote, with all those in opposition belonging to the Republican Party.

A spokesman for Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said the congresswoman mistakenly voted against the bill, and plans to tell the House clerk that she meant to vote in favor.

GOP Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Scott Perry (Pa.) all opposed the bill.

Biggs, in a video posted to Twitter on Thursday, said that while he supports cataloging and investigating war crimes in Ukraine, he does not think information should be turned over to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Somebody once tried to explain to me that the UN puts people like Iran or NK on that commission, as a way of shaming by putting them on it. 

No, it didn't make sense to me. Then or now. 

I would think the shame is refusing to allow them to be a part of it. 

no, you can’t join this. This was made specifically because of people like you….

• Like 1

Congress passes ban on Russian oil and gas imports, sending measure to Biden

Congress on Thursday passed a bill to ban imports of oil and gas from Russia, the latest measure in the U.S. government-wide effort to economically isolate and penalize the Kremlin for its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

The Senate passed the legislation in a 100-0 vote earlier Thursday. The House then approved it in a 413-9 vote and sent it to President Joe Biden’s desk to sign into law.

The bill prohibits the importation of oil, gas, coal and other energy products from Russia. It comes nearly a month after Biden signed an executive order that mandated essentially the same steps.

The bill codifies Biden’s order into law, making it far more difficult for a future president to reverse it. The legislation passed after having been bogged down in the Senate for weeks.

The oil import ban passed immediately after the overwhelming approval of a bill to revoke Russia’s permanent normal trade relations with the United States, often referred to as “most favored nation” status. The legislation would also sever the normal trade relationship with Belarus, a key Russian ally.

Click on the link for the full article

35 minutes ago, visionary said:

As I said before, we have to define Nazism. Because there seems to be a major misunderstanding.

And right now, they’re doing a bang up job stirring Russophobia all on their own. 

Im ok with cancel culture. It’s time to start canceling divisive assholes. If you want to play with others, be kind and respectful. 

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2