Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trucker Protests in Ottawa and Elsewhere

China

Convoy picks up cars and anti-Ukraine talking points ahead of Washington arrival

The American offshoot of the “Freedom Convoy” that brought chaos to Canada’s capital is promising to stop traffic outside of Washington, D.C., on Saturday, but exact plans remained vague Friday as the group hit its last pit stop in Maryland.

The convoy, which was organized on pro-Trump and anti-vaccine channels on the Telegram messaging app, has picked up hundreds of cars and several trucks since the group left a rural parking lot in Adelanto, California, on Feb. 22.

According to extremism researchers following the movement, the convoy now consists of several dozen tractor-trailer trucks and hundreds of cars. The group is staging in Hagerstown, Maryland, on Friday and ramping up for its final protest somewhere in Washington, D.C., on Saturday.

Livestreamers from within the convoy have repeatedly referred to “blocking the Beltway,” the 64-mile highway that surrounds Washington, but specific plans have been kept secret by group leaders.

One organizer, Dan Fitzegerald, who has been livestreaming his journey in the convoy on YouTube, said on a Friday morning stream: “I can tell you now that there will be select trucks going to the White House.”

The convoy was initially formed to protest mask and vaccine mandates, which have largely been repealed as the omicron variant dwindled over the past several weeks.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I got a COOP message last night about delays in the district because of this. I hope DC doesn’t coddle these dummies like Canada did.

I want these people to understand the efficiency of a DC towing company. 

I hear you.  But I assume that some of them aren't driving sedans.  And also that many of the cars will have a mob guarding them.

And I feel obligated to point out.  I believe that people engaging in protests have the right to be annoying, and to violate minor laws, as a way of protesting.    

Edited by Larry

48 minutes ago, Larry said:

And I feel obligated to point out.  I believe that people engaging in protests have the right to be annoying, and to violate minor laws, as a way of protesting.    

Yea this will be an interesting test of the convictions of those that support other protests.  If this same thing were being done to protest the murder of George Floyd, what your response be the same?  

I don’t support what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it.

The trucker “protests” are white power, neo-confederate insurrection parties.  

So, comparing them to righteous BLM/civil rights marches and then letting us know you’ll gladly kill anyone that interrupts the white power gathering  isn’t really the great patriot flex one might think it is.  

In fact, it’s the exact opposite of that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The trucker “protests” are white power, neo-confederate insurrection parties.  

So, comparing them to righteous BLM/civil rights marches and then letting us know you’ll gladly kill anyone that interrupts the white power gathering  isn’t really the great patriot flex one might think it is.  

In fact, it’s the exact opposite of that.

I know what they are.  And I don’t like them.  But the true test of free speech isn’t supporting people saying things you agree with.  It is supporting the rights of people you don’t agree with.

And I wasn’t saying I would “gladly kill” people that attempt to disrupt.  In fact I support the counter-protestors that will hopefully show up.  But I was paraphrasing a famous quote, not flexing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Guess Buzz's quote went over somebody's head.  

(As did the notion that freedom of speech includes speech you don't like.) 

Voltaire wrote fiction.  And he wrote that fiction well before the confederacy or Nazis.

Heres some 2022 non-fiction…If you are a member of white power (or any _____-power) attempt to overthrow the US government (Jan 6th) then you should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

Dont let that quote go “over your head”.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I hear you.  But I assume that some of them aren't driving sedans.  And also that many of the cars will have a mob guarding them.

I get that, I’m more speaking to shutting down roadways in the capital, or generally disrupting the ability of the government to function. 

Protest peacefully as the founders intended. I think it’s a stupid reason to protest, but there are a lot dummies out there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Voltaire wrote fiction.  And he wrote that fiction well before the confederacy or Nazis.

Heres some 2022 non-fiction…If you are a member of white power (or any _____-power) attempt to overthrow the US government (Jan 6th) then you should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

Dont let that quote go “over your head”.

Interesting point, the quote is commonly thought to be attributed to Voltaire but isn’t actually a direct quote.

Any way, I was very vocal that I thought the we should have started shooting people on January 6th.  And if this convoy comes and tries to do something like that, I support shooting them.  But if their protest stays peaceful, then we should be applying the same rules as we would for a protest we do agree with.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Interesting point, the quote is commonly thought to be attributed to Voltaire but isn’t actually a direct quote.

Yea...its usually attributed to Hall in the early 1900's ("Friends of Voltaire") as a modern wording of a "Voltairean Principle"...philosophers follow weird citation rules...

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Translation:  The National Guard let us know that wrapping our18-wheeler Trojan horse troop transports in flags and crosses and “white-privileging” our way into unloading several trucks of armed-to-the-teeth Nazis into downtown DC wasn’t gonna fly, so we’re gonna think of a different way and try again real soon.

*waves flag*

• Haha 4

The trucker convoy to DC protesting the vaccine mandates is not primarily made up of trucks and won’t be going to DC. Also the mandates they’re protesting are not in effect/don’t exist.

Bunch of scaredy pusses.

I'm all for peaceful protests but not if your protesting things that don't exist. 🤷‍♂️

image.png.8cfadb07bdb456874af4628d3e131b82.png

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah where the hell is this damn convoy? I've read Hagerstown MD, Lexington VA, n SC. 

I love all the articles tho. These morons are completely out of touch with reality. 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2022/03/05/truck-convoy-sc-drivers-protest-vaccine-mandates-dc/9389846002/

Besides protesting vaccine mandates, the caravan highlights an appreciation for truckers of America and what they endure to transport needed items, he said. 

Lol.... wut? 🤭

Again, embedded with that group are a few vehicles/trucks loaded with munitions, body armor and equipment/supplies for an extended and violent occupation of DC.  They’re simply trying to come up with a Plan B because they now believe that Plan A will not work.

Nothing more complicated than that.

• Like 1