Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: WFT (and their benches) vs. Philly

KDawg

On 12/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim's podcast.  He said he noticed Jonathan Allen was playing upright-high which was unusual for him.  And he also looked gassed. 

On the he looked gassed part.  My thoughts here not Keim.   2 things that might have contributed to it.  1.  COVID.  i know these guys are athletes but still it can take its toll.  I know some people who got COVID and it took them awhile to feel 100%.  2.  We had like a spell of 5 drives in a row that was 3 and out or close enough to that.  That would add obviously to a player getting worn down. 

Granted, I'm a lot older but still in good shape.  I work out five days a week and my cardio is excellent.  After COVID though, I really noticed a difference.  It took me a couple of weeks to get back to where I was.  So, I'm certain COVID had a huge impact.  Even for a professional athlete in his mid 20s.  

Allen may not give himself a pass but I do.  Signing him to a long term contract was a stellar move.  We'll never suffer from buyer's remorse on that deal.  Same goes for Ioannides.  

Turn this around.  The WFT wore out Dlines in the four-game win streak with the running game.  It's really tough for a Dline to hold up to that.  Just as it's difficult for an Oline when the DLine knows you have to pass.  That game also serves notice to those who say you can't win with a run dominant offense in today's NFL.  

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

No. He even went out of his way during the post game handshake, double masking and all that.

Sweat was licking his hand before handshakes 😜

4 hours ago, method man said:

Didn’t they sign Shurmur after Montez turned down a spot on their PS? Could’ve signed Gilbert then. Either way, next year, get a veteran on the PS vs an undrafted rookie

Def wish Gilbert was on the PS over Shurmur. It's okay if they are undrafted but there needs to be some expectation of play. 

All things considered, wonder just how much better Gilbert would have been with 3 months with the team under him belt instead of a few days

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Eagles are a lucky team. Two weeks in a row they get to face a fourth string QB. 

The Eagles have beaten 2 teams who had their starting QB this year-  the Falcons and the Jets.  They are the biggest fraud in the NFL and if they somehow get into the playoffs, they will be destroyed in the 1st round. 

20 minutes ago, Luca Brasi said:

The Eagles have beaten 2 teams who had their starting QB this year-  the Falcons and the Jets.  They are the biggest fraud in the NFL and if they somehow get into the playoffs, they will be destroyed in the 1st round. 

I almost want them to get in the playoffs, waste those multiple draft picks.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I almost want them to get in the playoffs, waste those multiple draft picks.

I hate to say it but this might be good for the long term if we can't get in. It'll give the Eagles a false sense of confidence in Hurts and they may pass on making a move for Watson or Wilson. Also a good thing none of those picks of theirs will be premium picks. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Eagles are a lucky team. Two weeks in a row they get to face a fourth string QB. 

Like us last year when we faced scrub QBs, won the division at 7-9 and people thought we were an up and coming team.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, method man said:

I hate to say it but this might be good for the long term if we can't get in. It'll give the Eagles a false sense of confidence in Hurts and they may pass on making a move for Watson or Wilson. Also a good thing none of those picks of theirs will be premium picks. 

Well, we also got our wings clipped by covid, hopefully the FO has a better answer for this next season. I'm not blaming anyone, it could've happened to any team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Like us last year when we faced scrub QBs, won the division at 7-9 and people thought we were an up and coming team.

I still wonder about the potential of this team. Hard not to play what if. 

What if…

Logan Thomas had been available this year

Curtis Samuel didn’t spend the entire season limited. 
Fitz didn’t go down in the first game

We didn’t have to play half a season behind our third string center

Young didn’t suffer a Grand Canyon sized sophomore funk

half our team didn’t fall to illness against Philly (and probably Dallas). 
etc. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luca Brasi said:

Darnold was the starting quarterback when they beat the Panthers. He was their starter going into the year.

Goff was the starting quarterback when they beat the Lions. He's been the starter the entire year.

Bridgewater was the starting quarterback when they beat the Broncos. He's been the Broncos starter all year, at least until he got hurt.