Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

I wouldn't say that this isn't a playoff roster.  We've been in every games with the exception of the Bills game in the 2nd half.  The way our defense has been playing, it's likely a few of those earlier losses could have swung our way.  We're not a Super Bowl caliber roster, I will give you that but definitely think we have the pieces to be a 'playoff roster'

Attrition is a real problem right now. We're running out of bodies at the worst time.

Even if we do squeak into the paloffs, we're going to get rinsed by any of the top teams we play. Our offense is just too inconsistent and underpowered to compete with the upper echelon squads.

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Attrition is a real problem right now. We're running out of bodies at the worst time.

Even if we do squeak into the paloffs, we're going to get rinsed by any of the top teams we play. Our offense is just too inconsistent and underpowered to compete with the upper echelon squads.

Need oline consistency more than anything- think if we have that then we have a shot at most games but the way that’s going it’s going to be tough to get points

Turner, if oline situation doesn’t improve, has got to get heinicke out of the pocket.  Can’t leave him in the pocket like yesterday

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Walk before you run… back to back playoff seasons for first time since 91-92 would be a step in the right direction to say the least— even if we do so at 8-9. And last year we didn’t get destroyed in our playoff game. I wouldn’t consider us a threat to make a deep run, but one game in NFL anything can happen. 

Injuries and losing players to covid/covid protocol is happening at the worst time.  That might be the death blow that knocks us out of contention.  I'm not sure about Taylor and his knee.  He will be gimpy and might not survive getting hit too much.  Allen bettter get more reps this week, in case he needs to come in.

Making the playoffs, even if another quick exit, better than not making the playoffs.

I have this feeling if we do make it, we more than likely back into the playoffs due to other teams losing as much as we do and we have the better conference record.

Edited by Rdskns2000

2 hours ago, petey hodge said:

and we get the luxury of playing Green Bay, Arizona, Tompa... in our first round.  Yikes!

Well we did beat Tampa before. Almost beat Green Bay. The Rams just beat the great AZ. So we actually do have 12.67% chance of beating any of the teams you listed. 

Right now there are 10 teams with 8+ wins, eight teams with 5 or fewer wins, and the rest with 6-7 wins. So realistically there are still 24 teams in the hunt for the playoffs, some in a lot better position than others.  I do think WFT is a lot closer to being the 11th best team than they are being the 24th best team, which beats being in the overall bottom five in the league as we have been for Snyder's tenure.

I'd like to see us finish strong and get to at least nine wins. I know, playoffs are playoffs, but getting there in consecutive seasons with below .500 records would just be so weak. You can say "first time since Gibbs 1!" but would this really be much different than the close calls we had with winning records with Norv in 96-97 or with Jay (did win the division once) in 15-16? We are now benefiting from a ****ty division (last year) and a ****ty conference (this year). I do think, while those two were first-time coaches, Ron does have the track record of having a few monster seasons in Carolina, even if they were never consecutive. So there's that.

Edited by hail2skins

10 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Right now there are 10 teams with 8+ wins, eight teams with 5 or fewer wins, and the rest with 6-7 wins. So realistically there are still 24 teams in the hunt for the playoffs, some in a lot better position than others.  I do think WFT is a lot closer to being the 11th best team than they are being the 24th best team, which beats being in the overall bottom five in the league as we have been for Snyder's tenure.

I'd like to see us finish strong and get to at least nine wins. I know, playoffs are playoffs, but getting there in consecutive seasons with below .500 records would just be so weak. You can say "first time since Gibbs 1!" but would this really be much different than the close calls we had with winning records with Norv in 96-97 or with Jay (did win the division once) in 15-16? We are now benefiting from a ****ty division (last year) and a ****ty conference (this year). I do think, while those two were first-time coaches, Ron does have the track record of having a few monster seasons in Carolina, even if they were never consecutive. So there's that.

The NFC actually has a better record than the AFC this year. The distribution of good teams is a bit weird but I don't think it's the weaker conference.

How is it if we go 2-2 it's only 28%? If everyone goes 2-2 below us we still get in because of conf record.  Only way is if there is only a 2 way tie with NO (Won H2H, but worse conf record) or PHI in which we lose to PHI twice and then beat DAL and NYG.  So, which 2 teams looks like their going to be 3-1?

49ers 7-6  ATL, TEN, HOU, LAR

PHI 6-7  WAS, NYG, WAS DAL

MIN 6-7 CHI, LAR, GB, CHI

ATL 6-7 SF, DET, BUF, NO

NO 6-7 TB, MIA, CAR, ATL

SEA 5-8 LAR, CHI, DET, ARZ

CAR 5-8 BUF, TB, NO, TB

Think if we go 2-2 split with PHI and beat NYG we have a good shot at getting in.

7 hours ago, dckey said:

How is it if we go 2-2 it's only 28%? If everyone goes 2-2 below us we still get in because of conf record.  Only way is if there is only a 2 way tie with NO (Won H2H, but worse conf record) or PHI in which we lose to PHI twice and then beat DAL and NYG.  So, which 2 teams looks like their going to be 3-1?

49ers 7-6  ATL, TEN, HOU, LAR

PHI 6-7  WAS, NYG, WAS DAL

MIN 6-7 CHI, LAR, GB, CHI

ATL 6-7 SF, DET, BUF, NO

NO 6-7 TB, MIA, CAR, ATL

SEA 5-8 LAR, CHI, DET, ARZ

CAR 5-8 BUF, TB, NO, TB

Think if we go 2-2 split with PHI and beat NYG we have a good shot at getting in.

San Fran has 2 very winnable games.

Philly seasons rests with sweeping us.

Minny has Chicago twice.

New Orleans has 2 winnable games and they already beat Tampa once this year.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

San Fran has 2 very winnable games.

Philly seasons rests with sweeping us.

Minny has Chicago twice.

New Orleans has 2 winnable games and they already beat Tampa once this year.

They all need to win 3 games if we win 2.  Just don't see it.  They cannot be tied with us because of Conf Rec.  I see SF winning, but don't see the others winning 3 out of 4

That loss at home vs. New Orleans Saints looming large now 

Remember it was a strange day, televised on CBS 13 for some reason, especially that it was between two NFC teams  

That whole two game homestand, against New Orleans and Kansas City, was brutal, I could actually see dropping the game against KC , but to let the Saints come in here and walk out with the W ?

Hopefully we can figure out a way to get into the playoffs but all of these injuries covid and not covid related are killing Us in general. Can't remember a time we were hit this bad with so many can juries, down to 3rd  and 4th stringers and walk ons. Tough to win against NFC east teams like that but hopefully we can get it going this Sunday against the Eagles

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

Hopefully we can figure out a way to get into the playoffs but all of these injuries covid and not covid related are killing Us in general. Can't remember a time we were hit this bad with so many can juries, down to 3rd  and 4th stringers and walk ons. Tough to win against NFC east teams like that but hopefully we can get it going this Sunday against the Eagles

Jay pulled it off against Seattle in 2017 or 2018. He nearly pulled it off again against the Titans in 2019

Looking at the playoff picture, I think 8-9 is still possible to squeeze in. No one has a super easy schedule ahead

ATL - should lose to the 9ers and Bills

MIN - could lose to the Rams and Packers and the Bears are not an easy out

PHI - we can split with them and they could lose to the Cowboys in the finale if they have something to play for. They should with seeding if they beat Arizona

NO - will lose to Bucs and could lose to Dolphins, Panthers or Falcons

23 minutes ago, method man said:

Jay pulled it off against Seattle in 2017 or 2018. He nearly pulled it off again against the Titans in 2019

Seattle: 2017

almost beat titans: 2018 (Josh Johnson game)

2019 was the year gruden was fired after starting the year 0-5, couldn’t have nearly pulled off a W in those 5 games (well, ok week 1 they almost beat the eagles) 

• Like 1

It’s probably time hyped put this one to bed. We are losing Sunday, losing at Dallas. Wouldn’t shock me to see us lose the rematch to the Eagles.

The Synder curse is too strong. Injuries and covid has likely derailed the rest of the season after coming back from 2-6 to 6-6.

We might as well go 6-11 the rest of the way, to get a better draft pick.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:30 PM, petey hodge said:

and we get the luxury of playing Green Bay, Arizona, Tompa... in our first round.  Yikes!

IF....we make the playoffs I think we'll be a dangerous team just because of how well our defense is playing and because of the chemistry of this team. We also could be a team that's getting healthier (Cosmi, Samuel, Sweat, etc...). 

I can't see us beating Tampa again but the others could be had if we show up and play great defense and control the clock.