Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: WFT vs. Seahawks

KDawg

5 hours ago, TK said:

Game ball for this MVP

giphy.gif

Ron in the presser today commented on this fan.  Said he liked his technique, good inside hand placement, and defended his area well.  Unfortunately he said we’re out of cap space for a mid-season signing.

🤣

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, sprcr said:

And last, this one for the refs.  Yeah... if its  a 5 minute review its not clear and convincing.

The other issue I had with the refs was the spots they were coming up with.  Crazy short on some run plays.  The spot is where the ball is when the player is down.  Not where their freaking feet are, which is what it seemed like they were going on. A couple of those were on critical third downs.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Which pass was that? Or more specifically which quarter was it in? 

Believe it was in the 4th quarter, 4th and 4 i think. Carter made the grab over the middle, Thomas was in between carter and Heinike. Probably about 3 mins left on the clock

58 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Doesn't the rule allow it to touch the ground, if the hand is beneath the ball, as it was ?

Yes, providing the receivers control of the ball is maintained through the process. But that didn't happen. Logan lost control for a split second and the ball clearly (and I chose my words carefully here) "detached from grip" as he and the ball contacted the ground.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh wow. Yeah that was impressive. Would’ve been a nice catch by Thomas too though if he had caught it instead. Unless people think it wouldve been intercepted? 

Thomas was double covered and Grant was wide open so that is why Taylor was throwing to him. Thomas thought Taylor overthrew him :806:

1 minute ago, FuriousD said:

Yes, providing the receivers control of the ball is maintained through the process. But that didn't happen. Logan lost control for a split second and the ball clearly (and I chose my words carefully here) "detached from grip" as he and the ball contacted the ground.

That may have indeed happened, but of all the angles I saw, there wasn't a clear view of a "clear and obvious" reason to overturn.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That may have indeed happened, but of all the angles I saw, there wasn't a clear view of a "clear and obvious" reason to overturn.

It's very clear in the highlight reel just a few posts above.  Right at the 9:12 mark.  Ball comes loose...

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

As much as it hurt, agreed. This was an even better angle imo

That is the angle (the front one) I said in the game day thread showed me the ball hit the ground but other said his hand was still under it. Clearly shows his hand was on top of the ball and then he corrals the ball after the ball hit the ground first. This is why it was overturned. If that TD meant we lose the game then yeah I would have been really upset. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, zskins said:

That is the angle (the front one) I said in the game day thread showed me the ball hit the ground but other said his hand was still under it. Clearly shows his hand was on top of the ball and then he corrals the ball after the ball hit the ground first. This is why it was overturned. If that TD meant we lose the game then yeah I would have been really upset. 

There was so many things that could have lost us the game. All the way up to the onside kicks.

But this gutsy team fights through adversity and overcomes it, with a resiliency I havn't seen in a very long time from WAS.

I think part of that gutsy mentality comes from Rivera's disciplinary style of coaching, and part of it is feeding off the gutsy energy of Heinicke.

• Like 1

I watched most of the game and taped the entire game.  Fell asleep in third quarter and woke up with five minutes left in the 4th quarter and could not believe the drama.  

Some day we will be able to blow out teams but a win is a win so I am of course pleased today with the outcome but we were close to losing it at the end.

Winning 3 games in a row with a lot of starters out and playing with our fourth center is a credit to this team as a whole- next man up drill continues.

Wonder who we lost in this game that we can get back from the Raiders game on Sunday.

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

-Taylor Heinicke is absolutely ELITE in the intangibles.

That's so valuable for a number of reasons.

One, I don't think you can teach it.

Two, I think those kinds of things are difficult to scout and measure, when you're looking at college prospects. That may be one reason why he was overlooked. There's other reasons yes, but maybe that's one.

And I just want to add - Scott Turner is a freakin genius for being the only NFL rep to come see Heinicke on Pro Day.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Thought I saw a tweet that he is okay?

His agent tweeted that he's okay.  And players say he was up and walking around the locker room after the game.

~~~

Someone mentioned how good Matt Ioannidis has been spelling Allen and Payne in the middle.  I would like to see some sets where he and Payne are in the middle - with Jonathan Allen lined up as a defensive end on the weak side. 

Put some other guy - Shaka or Toohill - on the other side. Then watch the mayhem commence.

Can somebody tweet Jack Del Rio and tell him to install this?  Thank you.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 4