Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Anyone willing to pay Teddy Bridgewater $25 million per year on a multi-year contract is out of their gourd.

This is what scares me about us going heavy in the QB market this offseason. Too many land mines.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is what scares me about us going heavy in the QB market this offseason. Too many land mines.

Yeah I really hope we aren't the ones to do something dumb like this over the offseason. Heincke vs Bridgewater is mostly a wash IMO, and we have Heinicke for $1.5 million next season. I'm all for an upgrade at QB, but I'm not for a small (if any) upgrade for a bunch of money (or draft picks).

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bridgewater is literally the same tier QB as Heinicke. Would not be worth it at all.

I'd look into Carr. Raiders are probably gonna rebuild with a new regime that will want its own QB.

Carr would probably cost a 1st plus more. I think he's definitely an upgrade to Heinicke talent-wise, but is he that much of an upgrade? I'm dubious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully not us either 

Rivera would get crucified if Bridgwater was his "solution",  and he knows it.  He admitted that the fans shouldn't tolerate anything less than a franchise QB.  He all but whiffed in this past draft on his 1st and 3rd round picks.  (Jamin Davis being a good, solid player for us by the end of next year is a joke.  You don't take a project like him in the 1st round.  IMHO, there were better players available.  Davis flat out stinks and hasn't shown much of anything the entire year.  Don't even get me started on Dyami Brown.  You forget he even plays for this team.)  Ron has precious few playmakers on this team, an offense that is an anemic, one dimensional yawn that is frightened to take shots downfield with anything resembling regularity and an entire team that struggles to play two halves of football - 2 years into Ron's tenure.  That's very, very Gruden-esq.  

So far, Ron has built an extremely mediocre team that seems to have no real direction or identity, yet has always maintained that they are a "much better team than we've shown.  We just need to show it".  Those kinds of statements should frighten this fanbase because they are exactly the phrases used by Turner's teams and all the teams since.  Ron is supposed to be better than this.  

It is beyond crucial that Rivera and his hand-picked FO absolutely nail this offseason and that this team takes a serious step forward next year.  That means winning streaks through the season that ends up with a quality winning record and a playoff berth that doesn't require a miracle run in the twilight of the season to secure.  That all starts with a legit franchise QB prospect.  I have no problem with TH as the bridge, if needed.  But to me, there is no way he is the answer.  I've seen absolutely nothing from him that convinces of that.  Ron also needs to do some serious self-reflection regarding how he chooses to prepare his team in the offseason.  He's teams routinely start the season flat going back to NC.  After two straight years of this, it in no way should be tolerated in Year 3.   I think this offseason and next year will absolutely write the book on how the Ron Rivera era in D.C. is going to go.  

Just now, DWinzit said:

For sure!  Yet they do need to make a move to improve the position. 

They need to look into moves. I don’t want just anyone. I’d rather roll with a mediocre armed guy that can work magic than draft Dwayne Haskins or sign a Bridgewater type.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He turns 31 in March. Very much in the prime of his career for the next 5 years at least. QBs can play till their almost 40 now.

Yeah.  That age doesn't worry me.  And Carr is pretty good about taking care of himself on and off the field.  Not sure with the coaching turnover in Vegas how they're going to feel about jettisoning a QB.

Either the new coach will want his guy or not want to rock the boat too much in Year 1 and then keep Carr.   

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They need to look into moves. I don’t want just anyone. I’d rather roll with a mediocre armed guy that can work magic than draft Dwayne Haskins or sign a Bridgewater type.

No one wants to draft a Haskins or overpay for a Bridgewater. 

Maybe they don't like any first rounders but love a second or third rounder that can't sit behind TH fine. They need to have something at least better than Allen next year

It would be negligible to go into next year with TH/Allen and nothing to seriously compete with them

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

No one wants to draft a Haskins or overpay for a Bridgewater. 

Maybe they don't like any first rounders but love a second or third rounder that can't sit behind TH fine. They need to have something at least better than Allen next year

It would be negligible to go into next year with TH/Allen and nothing to seriously compete with them

I’m fine with that. But there are many saying we need to take a QB no matter what… so I wouldn’t say no one.

I'd prefer to draft and develop a guy in the 1st round because that's the proven method for sustained success(yes I know of the few rare exceptions). But if that's not an option I don't mind getting a quality vet to at least allow us to win more while we wait for that young stud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m fine with that. But there are many saying we need to take a QB no matter what… so I wouldn’t say no one.

From what I have seen of the new crop of QB's, none of them are worthy of going top 10.

There are a bunch that should go day 2, although a couple with be overdrafted in the first.

I don't like many of the vets either and would cost too much unless the plan was for them to start. I'd rather a TH competition unless we are drafting a Burrow, Hebert type