Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If we draft Daniels and we put everything we can into his development as a player AND he busts, we wouldn't be thinking about Howell anyway. We would be picking high again. 

And whoever we pick we need to put 100% of the effort behind them. I learned that from the great @Going Commando

I would agree if the injury risk with Daniels wasn’t so apparent. 

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

you dont want two developmental QBs at this stage of our team building cycle.

I disagree with this. I would be shocked if they dont have another rookie sitting behind whoever we draft at 2 this year. Probably a UDFA. But another young arm to develop should be on the roster for sure. 

• Like 2

I still say that GMAP is making his decision today or latest tomorrow.  He spent the weekend reviewing everything and getting input from the staff.  I think AP and Newmark will sit down and make the call.  Maybe DQ is in the room, but AP is making the final call.  All this other influence talk is incorrect about coaches having input like Kliff or DQ.

And, I agree with everyone that the media is just guessing.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am inclined to agree with this. I thought the reason they were trading him was because of an uncomfortable situation with Maye. Trading him for peanuts was the wrong move if the pick is Daniels. 

there’s so many ? marks thus far when it comes to the QB room we currently have now that Howell isn’t even the tip of the ice berg imho, though dealing him was wrong imho… I mean let’s start with why you let Brissett walk and then sign Marcus Mariota for pretty much what Brissett signed with the Pats for? I’m pretty sure Brissett could have run KK offensive scheme… I’m on paper saying that no matter who we draft come Thursday and it could freakin be anyone that from day 1 he starts over Marcus Mariota… Mariota is a bum.. I don’t wanna see Mariota play accept in Pre Season and/or a series in a regular season game and that’s pushing it for me… I’d rather see Jake Fromm under center then Mariota 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

For those who keep receipts, here is one for ya.

JJ McCarthy sucks, he is scouts fools gold and he will bust, HARD.

Please don't draft him at #2.

Funny!  That’s exactly how I feel about Jayden Daniel’s?  

although I would not say he sucks!  Just don’t think his game transfer to the NFL

Edited by burgngold fan
Added to post
  • Thumb up 3

15 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A couple of quickies for your personal "Rivera File" (AKA interesting but not important)

Screenshot_20240421_181504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3ab764d987f6ecabb343c7d8ad64990b.jpg

Responding to the first bullet point: I'm not anti-analytics by any stretch but I just find the wording here amusing, "let [the] analytics guide them," as if AP and DQ are out in the desert with a dowsing rod lol.

I do like how DQ put it, that "analytics are on tap but not on top." Probably how it should be. 

• Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I disagree with this. I would be shocked if they dont have another rookie sitting behind whoever we draft at 2 this year. Probably a UDFA. But another young arm to develop should be on the roster for sure. 

I agree and disagree.  Only so many plays to run in practice.  You have a hard enough time giving your primary QB the time, much less fitting in time for your backup.

That said, no reason not to bring in a UDFA to test and see.  No reason to use draft captital

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The Ben Johnson situation is different. Because he decided not to interview for the job. I still think had he interviewed he would be our head coach right now. And we would not have signed all of the defensive free agents we did because of it. 

I am completely happy with how that situation turned out as well.   DQ is the real deal.  

• Like 1

In an alternate universe we're building the roots of a dynasty with a Ben Johnson/Drake Maye HC/QB combo.

Instead we're in this one where we'll probably watch Daniels flounder around for 2-3 years before him and Quinn get canned and we have to start over again while Maye leads a Patriot renaissance and Johnson coaches a dynasty in Dallas starting 2025

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it may have been more from a "Daniels is probably going to get hurt and we'll need a decent backup" perspective. 

I get it but in order for Howell to be a decent back up he would have to get some reps. I dont want to give him any reps. I aint giving Mariota any reps either if I can help it. He is better prepared for that than Howell. 

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would agree if the injury risk with Daniels wasn’t so apparent. 

If he gets injured as often as yall think he will we are picking again in the top 3 sooner than Howell gets a new contract anyway. Its fine. Sam Howell brings us literally nothing. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

In an alternate universe we're building the roots of a dynasty with a Ben Johnson/Drake Maye HC/QB combo.

Instead we're in this one where we'll probably watch Daniels flounder around for 2-3 years before him and Quinn get canned and we have to start over again while Maye leads a Patriot renaissance and Johnson coaches a dynasty in Dallas starting 2025

Dude, you're the worst.

• Haha 7

The fact that there are any Ben Johnson fans here still after the way he hoed us in the interview process is silly to me. 

And them same people will turn around and say Daniels has character issues. Sick work lol 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

**** ben johnson 

Quinn has been great here so far and huge in revamping probably the league's worst defense, I was not happy with getting him at first but I think it was a blessing in disguise

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kissass

Dude, I've got a bunch of warning points and have no idea how to keep my mouth shut. They're either gonna kick me out or make me a Mod one of these days and nobody wants that.

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

image.gif.f161fb9e22fdebf93e26238608c78212.gif

I hope yall are ready for this thread to get ****ing crazy this week. The whole board will. But this one might explode with ignorance. Yall think im dumb?? You are right. But wait until the rest of us show up! 

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't believe that I'm the only one in this thread who's opinion is correct. What a bunch of dummies. Not Martin or Jumbo though. They're okay.

What if my opinion is that Koolblue13's opinion is correct?