Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I am hoping Maye shows more today. I still have age and body style as concerns and J.D. did nothing to change that for me yesterday. J.J. is the youngest with at least equal passing ability he has moved closer to no.2 but I would take him with a small trade down if possible. Maye needs to reclaim his spot today at no.2 today its there for the taking.. 

I cant be the only one who finds this absurd 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

He'd be too classy to do it but it'd be hilarious if Drake went to take a big drink of water and was like "look guys I'm Jayden Daniels!"

Then we'd have to discuss the character issue implications of this.

That would increase his stock even more in my eyes. 

• Like 1

I kinda hope we draft Maye just so I don't have to see yall making posts about how weird Daniels drinks water or how his elbow is clearly an issue for the next 3 seasons or however long it takes for his body to give out. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

This looks too easy for Maye, show the big arm reported by many on here and seal the deal.  

Yes, because we all know arm strength and pro day performance is the most proven and reliable  method for predicting NFL success.

That's why JaMarcus "Best Pro Day In History" Russell is in the hall of fame. 🙂

Seriously, at this stage, after months of evaluating the film on each player, granular analysis of minute details, private investigation reports, and so on,  far more important than a qbs pro day performance will be the personal face to face interviews and their white board performance.

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like Daniels's accuracy on a couple throws wasn't great yesterday. I saw receivers having to make catches in less than natural positions. Ball placement wasn't what I would wanna see from a scripted pro day.

Ultimately I don't put much stock into it. Game tape matters more. But just an observation.

"I feel like Daniels's accuracy on a couple throws wasn't great yesterday..."

Honestly, I was also a bit underwhelmed with some of his apparently off target throws. 

After reading the live reports on the forum yesterday I think my expectations were through the roof .

The actual performance was  very good but not by any means spectacular. Which is fine on balance, I was just led to expect a bit more.

What did impress and surprise me, was his actual arm talent. He had much more zip on his ball than I expected from viewing his game tape.

He was also very relaxed and at ease and got along well with his teammates, which is important.

Bottom line, he did what he needed to do.

I expect Drake to check all the boxes and have a good pro day as well today.

Then it's on to personal visits and from there a final discussion and decision.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I kinda hope we draft Maye just so I don't have to see yall making posts about how weird Daniels drinks water or how his elbow is clearly an issue for the next 3 seasons or however long it takes for his body to give out. 

I will personally be quoting So I Married an Axe Murder quite a bit. There are a lot of jokes about a big head on a skinny body with Mike Meyers playing the role of his dad in the movie making fun of his younger son. 

IMG_1356.gif.c02df586b07efb962902a25fa71f4690.gif

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Interesting article by Thom Leverro about Daniels apparently having kind of a...scumbag mom?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/27/commanders-may-need-weigh-mom-factor-draft-day/

There are many factors I would consider in making a decision whether or not to draft a potential franchise quarterback.

The behavior of the prospect's parents would not be among them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So Williams has a helicopter dad and Daniels has a helicopter mom. Does Maye have a helicopter uncle or something?

Caleb’s dad wasn’t involved in a recruiting plot running afoul of NCAA rules and was not an active participant in skirting those rules for other recruits. Nor did Caleb’s dad’s actions cause multiple coaches to be fired. Jayden’s mom on the other hand is accused of all of those things. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

There are many factors I would consider in making a decision whether or not to draft a potential franchise quarterback.

The behavior of the prospect's parents would not be among them.

I certainly wouldn't give it an outsized role, but if I thought that it could become enough of a distraction so as to potentially affect the QB's development then I'd definitely pay attention to it.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So Williams has a helicopter dad and Daniels has a helicopter mom. Does Maye have a helicopter uncle or something?

Just his father, Mark.

Mark May(e).

The spirit of the Hogs courses through his veins. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Snyder were still the owner it'd be concerning. I don't think this current regime would allow anything like that to happen.

Still, something to think about.

The current regime does not have control over her. Sure they can limit her access to the team and not give her preferred access etc. However, they can’t control what she says to the press. She has previously gone on record and blamed Jayden’s sacks on his o-line and blamed his WR for not getting open and catching balls. 

As soon as there is some adversity and things are going sideways, I guarantee you there will be articles from anonymous sources in Jayden’s camp claiming the team has too many holes for Jayden to succeed. There will be a cold proxy war through the media just like there was with RG3 and Jay. It’s inevitable. 

When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yes, because we all know arm strength and pro day performance is the most proven and reliable  method for predicting NFL success.

That's why JaMarcus "Best Pro Day In History" Russell is in the hall of fame. 🙂

Seriously, at this stage, after months of evaluating the film on each player, granular analysis of minute details, private investigation reports, and so on,  far more important than a qbs pro day performance will be the personal face to face interviews and their white board performance.

"I feel like Daniels's accuracy on a couple throws wasn't great yesterday..."

Honestly, I was also a bit underwhelmed with some of his apparently off target throws. 

After reading the live reports on the forum yesterday I think my expectations were through the roof .

The actual performance was  very good but not by any means spectacular. Which is fine on balance, I was just led to expect a bit more.

What did impress and surprise me, was his actual arm talent. He had much more zip on his ball than I expected from viewing his game tape.

He was also very relaxed and at ease and got along well with his teammates, which is important.

Bottom line, he did what he needed to do.

I expect Drake to check all the boxes and have a good pro day as well today.

Then it's on to personal visits and from there a final discussion and decision.

I think if Maye shows a big arm today it will make a difference and leave an impression if he does? We know just about everything about all of them what they can do, what they need to work on. Just like J.D. and weight question. J.J. had not been asked to carry the team but he is the youngest. You here about feet and who Maye played against. He has a chance to show he fixed his feet problem, like weight for J.J. I am one among some of the size/style and age people who hold that against Daniels. He did not change anything yesterday for me found out he is a good person. It's just my opinion since we started talking QB's. I would have been alright with Howell and a trade down, that ship has sailed. It's Maye's turn to impress with the teams there for me.

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

giphy.gif?cid=5a38a5a2eto17mvgwo3pvpb5nw1i82g2lkq4wxy3nswbvcf1&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Def a red alert. The similarities to RG keep coming up. Maybe it’s no big deal but with such a close decision between the two, why take a chance on a possible diva parent when we can just take Drake Maye? There are nits to pick with the games of both of these guys, but off the field Drake hasn’t said or done a single thing to cause worry. 

• Like 2