Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

#2 and #100 could get you #3 and #34 in return.

However, yes, under no circumstances do you trade back if you want the same guy as NE for example. You just make the pick.

I don't get your logic here.  It is very doubtful that NE and WAS will honestly let each other know who they want, and if for some weird reason they actually did, NE would have no reason to trade if the two teams wanted two different guys.  The only conceivable reason for WAS to do this would be if they rated the two players exactly equally, which, of course, they won't.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its crazy to me how so many people still wanna trade down considering every time we do we ALWAYS pass up on studs.

I am with you but even if I werent i dont see how they csn trade down to 3 or 4, if they trade down almost for certain it will be further down in the draft.

Too much noise about them staying at 2 to make me give much thought to sonething else.  Seems like there is a little noise that NE might trsde though but i bet they dont 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am with you but even if I werent i dont see how they csn trade down to 3 or 4, if they trade down almost for certain it will be furtger down in the draft.

Too much noise about them staying at 2 to make me give much thought to sonething else.  Seems like there is a little noise that NE might trsde though but i bet they dont 

Any realistic trade down pretty much disappeared when we traded Howell. New England is not moving from 3 to 2 and a trade down further than that like to 11 puts too much uncertainty in the equation. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rockluc said:

He was 7 out of 8 to start the game and then was hurt but stayed in the game as basically a decoy.  They didn’t stop throwing due to ineffectiveness.  Rumor was he really wasn’t healthy after that until the playoff. 

I don't see how that helps his case. His team could dominate a top ten team with a decoy at QB.

On another note, it is absolutely no fun at all to stay at #2 and draft whoever the top QB on your board is.

It is also a decision you can't run and hide from. Whoever you pick has to be a star or it's a total failure.

Trading down? Zipping? Zagging? Acquiring capital?

Mmmmmm....that's the good stuff.

No one gives a **** who you pick if at that point. You're making moves! 

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't see how that helps his case. His team could dominate a top ten team with a decoy at QB.

They went 2 full quarters with only a FG to show for it before finally salting it away late. Defensively dominant but the offense was stagnant for the most part once he got hurt. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thankfully we lost that Jets game.  Brissett and Rivera seemed determined to spoil the draft pick.

Fun to be in this place where teams seemed to be dying to trade places with us. 

When Maye wins his first Super Bowl MVP in 2028, we should invite the Jets K to the parade and erect a statue in his honor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When Maye wins his first Super Bowl MVP in 2028, we should invite the Jets K to the parade and erect a statue in his honor.

You think they give the Super Bowl MVP to Jon Allen or Terry in 2026 over Maye?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You think they give the Super Bowl MVP to Jon Allen or Terry in 2026 over Maye?

Naw it'll be Brian Robinson. Everyone will expect league MVP and passing leader Maye to sling it up and down the field so the young G Klifford Kingsbury will call for a game plan of 25+ carries for B Rob who shreds the Dolphins for 150 and 2.

• Haha 1

There's plenty of Maye love here. No agenda - just posting for **cough** discourse :) 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114352-nfl-coach-shades-drake-maye-staff-will-be-fired-before-qb-reaches-potential-in-nfl

One experienced offensive assistant believes selecting North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye in the 2024 NFL draft represents a significant undertaking. "I like Maye, but when I see the amount of work it will take to have him reach his potential, we'll be fired first," the quarterbacks coach said to The Athletic's Ben Standig.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

There's plenty of Maye love here. No agenda - just posting for **cough** discourse :) 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10114352-nfl-coach-shades-drake-maye-staff-will-be-fired-before-qb-reaches-potential-in-nfl

One experienced offensive assistant believes selecting North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye in the 2024 NFL draft represents a significant undertaking. "I like Maye, but when I see the amount of work it will take to have him reach his potential, we'll be fired first," the quarterbacks coach said to The Athletic's Ben Standig.

this is the gist 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean there's no real need to deceive anyone from our spot. We can take anyone we want other than Caleb.

Its just that nobody knows who he wants and there are no more leaks within our organization.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

And I have a chance to score with Sydney Sweeney and have my wife be a-ok with it!

With full understanding that these kind of posts are intended to be innocuous and lighthearted, I remind everyone that they are not ok.

You all should be able to figure out, without commenting in the thread on it, what that type of issues they actually do present. The same goes with comments about the physical appearance of players gfs or wives or moms. 😉

The stadium is our family friendly forum where we discuss only Commanders football if you read our site descriptions and we prefer new ownership finds us doing our best adhering to that standard.

A moderator directive on this was posted awhile back in a thread and since then this is the first time one of those types of posts have been made. I strongly prefer not to have to add another sticky thread about this to the top of the forum. So please help our mod staff by telling your fellow posters to edit such things when you see one. Though they are not ill-intentioned, neither are they appropriate. 

Thenk Yew. 😁

Carry on!

449.jpg.c491f1757a009ac1384b2547b58c8044.jpg

• Like 3

The McGinn scouts round 1 as i mentioned here gives a different vibe with 3 out the 4 NFL personnel guys were VERY high on both Maye and Daniels but not one of them were very high on McCarthy. One thought he was good but not great and the other three were lukewarm.

Wild how many different conflicting narratives we hsve in this draft 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean there's no real need to deceive anyone from our spot. We can take anyone we want other than Caleb.

Its just that nobody knows who he wants and there are no more leaks within our organization.

Only thing i can think of is they want these QBs to go full out for them in the process. If they feel they are hung up on one QB that might not help. Ala Dawand Jones lsst year deciding against another team visit because he felt he was a long shot to be taken.

But am guess is other teams have no clue because these guys by nature dont tip things off and also take exhaustive measures before make a decision.

Sheehan talked about this recently saying leaks would happen under Bruce. Ditto Rivera who didn’t care about hiding his intentions. But this group in contrast runs a tight ship and dont leak 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The McGinn scouts round 1 as i mentioned here gives a different vibe with 3 out the 4 NFL personnel guys were VERY high on both Maye and Daniels but not one of them were very high on McCarthy. One thought he was good but not great and the other three were lukewarm.

Wild how many different conflicting narratives we hsve in this draft 

It's the coaches that love a guy like JJ. Coaches love winners. The scouts are analytical in their analysis. Coaches not so much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Far from their answer seems like a stretch according to that vid. Maybe far from which QB they are gonna choose. But I doubt that as well. My take away from that vid is they are picking a QB at 2 though.