Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Thats the theme.  some will say one others will say another

I think the main assumption people are making is that we will actually be able to separate QBs 2-4. Perhaps, like many others, we rate them all on a projection par with differing strengths and weaknesses. In which case, you might as well be picking #3 or #4

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think the main assumption people are making is that we will actually be able to separate QBs 2-4. Perhaps, like many others, we rate them all on a projection par with differing strengths and weaknesses. In which case, you might as well be picking #3 or #4

It’s never that simple once they actually spend time with these guys. They will have a 100% clear favorite that they’ll want to bet their jobs on. They will not be comfortable leaving it up to chance just because some fans and media have guys in the same “tier”. They’re betting their careers on it. It’s much more granular than just a grade. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s never that simple once they actually spend time with these guys. They will have a 100% clear favorite that they’ll want to bet their jobs on. They will not be comfortable leaving it up to chance just because some fans and media have guys in the same “tier”. They’re betting their careers on it. It’s much more granular than just a grade. 

Exactly why I would be shocked if they trade out of the 2 spot. There’s going to be a clear pecking order going into draft and 2-4 are now close enough there’s no way you can move down more than 1 spot and feel comfortable you’ll get your guy even if it turns out to be JJ, don’t get cute. Just make the pick start planning your next move. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s never that simple once they actually spend time with these guys. 

I would agree that the time they spend with these prospects will undoubtedly have the greatest influence on the outcome. That’s why no one really has a clue which direction we are heading. 

11 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Exactly why I would be shocked if they trade out of the 2 spot. There’s going to be a clear pecking order going into draft and 2-4 are now close enough there’s no way you can move down more than 1 spot and feel comfortable you’ll get your guy even if it turns out to be JJ, don’t get cute. Just make the pick start planning your next move. 

There is no chance they trade down. Who they pick is still likely up in the air, but they aren't moving off 2.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no chance they trade down. Who they pick is still likely up in the air, but they aren't moving off 2.

Of course there’s the possibility of us moving off #2

I think there would be a slight chance...very slim but possible. It would require the prerequisites of not being in love any either of the second two QB's and only moving down to 3 or 4 and if 4, knowing a team is not taking one of the top 3 QB's.

I feel confident they will be taking one of them and would not chance losing out on them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Totally agreed 👍🏻 …The only team that I could see looking to move up to the #2 that would benefit both team is the Pats (and that’s cause they don’t know what we are doing and they want either Maye or Daniels) other then that trading with any other team that needs a QB doesn’t help us at all imho… definitely don’t trade w/the Giants, nor the Raiders or the Vikings… where they stand currently does us no help whatsoever…do the KISS mentality (Keep it simple stupid)  stay at 2 and take Maye, Daniels or McCarthy

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Not really. Teams won’t be influenced to that degree.

And he never said McCarthy was the best Michigan QB to ever play the pro game. Just that he was the best QB that played at Michigan. Two different things.

I think Henne is. And I dont think it is really close. Now JJ will probably end up a better pro. But Henne is the best MI QB ever imo. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They will have him signed and sealed before the draft. Being the only team allowed to do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

McCarthy is obviously "good" and maybe he will turn out to be great. He just did everything in such near laboratory conditions.

I saw some crazy stat a couple of days ago that he threw less than 50 passes in the 4th quarter in all of his games COMBINED this season. That is ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I think all of the media boosting of Daniels is coming from New England.  They want Maye.  Everyone wants Maye.  They need us to be dumb and pick Daniels instead.

Drake Maye at #2 in this class has been settled law for two years.  This is a no brainer choice for us, and has been since the moment we got the #2 pick.  I'm not part of the crowd that would be OK with Daniels or Maye. IMO reaching for Daniels over an easy to see coming blue chipper in Maye would be a horrible mistake that would pretty much undermine the good work Peters has done building the team this off-season, and cast doubt on his competence.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I saw some crazy stat a couple of days ago that he threw less than 50 passes in the 4th quarter in all of his games COMBINED this season. That is ridiculous. 

Yeah to be fair that is a crazy stat. Make’s evaluation incredibly subjective. That’s why we’ve brought a great GM candidate in. Let’s see what Peters does.

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

They will have him signed and sealed before the draft. Being the only team allowed to do that. 

I would assume once he’s visited with the Bears next week, and all the medical eval’s are done, his draft future will essentially be locked down.

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I just come back to that Penn State game. That was supposed to be the game of the year. He threw 8 passes and ran the ball a handful of times. It was like a Nebraska win from 1968 or something.

I'm pretty sure that the only game all year where he had to make any plays in the 4th Quarter was against Alabama. It's so hard to judge anything under the circumstances he had.

Again, he's obviously a good college QB and may be a great pro for all I know. But there's not a lot where you take what he did in college and try to translate it to a pro game.

If you watch this, you will see around 4 plays that are carbon copies of pays he made in this year's Super Bowl:

What's fun is that Joe Mixon had one of the greatest games a RB has ever had in this and no one talks about it.

31 for 263 and 2 TDs on the ground

4 for 114 and 4 TDs receiving

That's a decent night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I think there would be a slight chance...very slim but possible. It would require the prerequisites of not being in love any either of the second two QB's and only moving down to 3 or 4 and if 4, knowing a team is not taking one of the top 3 QB's.

I feel confident they will be taking one of them and would not chance losing out on them. 

There’s definitely that scenario, even for a modest trade return. You get NE plus a few other teams fighting over the guy you ‘don’t want’, then NE could easily make that jump to protect themselves.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Still think its better to pick 2. I doubt after the process they are absolutely 50 50 deadlocked between two players. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

There’s definitely that scenario, even for a modest trade return. You get NE plus a few other teams fighting over the guy you ‘don’t want’, then NE could easily make that jump to protect themselves.

Yup. Do I think there will be a trade, no. But do I think there could be, for sure! They will listen to every offer!

If there is a chance to move down a spot, gain picks and still get one of the top 3 and they aren't sold on two of them being better than #3, why wouldn't they do it

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yup. Do I think there will be a trade, no. But do I think there could be, for sure! They will listen to every offer!

#2 and #100 could get you #3 and #34 in return.

However, yes, under no circumstances do you trade back if you want the same guy as NE for example. You just make the pick.

• Like 2

As far as trading down to 3 and 4 it feels like mostly a fantasy from the same people who wanted to trade down here for eons.

I get the spirit of the thought we have our cake snd eat it too and why not enjoy that thought until draft day?

I get it, I dont blame anyone for enjoying the thought but it feels even wilder than the Bears will trade their pick to us thought.

A. You got NE with thoughts of trading down or staying put not trading up 

B. U got the Cards with thoughts of staying put or trading down 

C. Many seem to think teams are high on all 3 Qbs or at least 2

So how does the math work to trade down to 3 or 4? 

Only way i see it is the Vikings trade the moon to go to pick 3 or 4 and then trade the moon again to pick 2. Or another team but how are they going to pull off 2 mega trades?  And even if they could why would they want to?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I just come back to that Penn State game. That was supposed to be the game of the year. He threw 8 passes and ran the ball a handful of times. It was like a Nebraska win from 1968 or something.

He was 7 out of 8 to start the game and then was hurt but stayed in the game as basically a decoy.  They didn’t stop throwing due to ineffectiveness.  Rumor was he really wasn’t healthy after that until the playoff. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as trading down to 3 and 4 it feels like mostly a fantasy from the same people who wanted to trade down here for eons.

I get the spirit of the thought we have our cake snd eat it too and why not enjoy that thought until draft day?

I get it but it feels even wilder than the Bears will trade their pick to us thought.

A. You got NE with thoughts of trading down or staying put not trading up 

B. U got the Cards with thoughts of staying put or trading down 

C. Many seem to think teams are high on all 3 Qbs or at least 2

So how does the math work to trade down to 3 or 4? 

Only way i see it is the Vikings trade the moon to go to pick 3 or 4 and then trade the moon again to pick 2. Or another team but how are they going to pull off 2 mega trades?  And even if they could why would they want to?

Its crazy to me how so many people still wanna trade down considering every time we do we ALWAYS pass up on studs.

• Like 2