Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Obviously I have no idea how that would play out, but I can see clear potential for it being a big plus.  

1. You’d have two guys with experience in the same offense, and that shared experience can serve as a translation bridge for the new offense.

2. If they’re good friends, you probably have less ego in the qb room, they’ll likely support each other and won’t be afraid to speak up in front of each other.

3.  They’re apt to spend a lot of time outside of the facility together, which potentially means a lot more time learning together.

4.  I imagine it’s easier to coach two guys that have the shared experience in terms of offense experience and age.

5.  I could see how having a friend (that’s in all the same meeting rooms) might help a rookie get more comfortable, faster.

6.  There’s a decent chance that whatever one qb needs to hear, the other needs to as well.

There are potential negatives of course.  To me, the big one (if we don’t wind up with a vet in the room) is that your rookie isn’t hearing/seeing the higher level questions and coaching that a vet might bring.  Now, part of me wonders if that’s a little like learning pre-cal and calculus at the same time, but even if you only retain some of the advanced stuff, I’d think it might help provide context to the more basic stuff.  I have no idea though.

I understand, but I don't think it will be a positive environment with one guy anointed the savior and the other fighting to stay relevant in the league. All players are competitive,but I think that wouldn't help the rook's development as opposed to a career backup(Jacoby or Minshew) who knows they're only here as a placeholder.

Now that I think about it, what vet is familiar with Klif's system, and have they named a QB coach yet?

Just now, NOLA2DC said:

Now that I think about it, what vet is familiar with Klif's system, and have they named a QB coach yet?

Tavita Pritchard is staying on as QB coach, and we hired former Lions QB David Blough as Assistant QB coach.

As for system, hard to say as we don't really know what kind of system they will be running. Indeed a lot of cooks between Kliff, Anthony Lynn, and Brian Johnson.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

That's what he's supposed to say, and for context, Kyler Murray unfollowed the Cards before resigning with them. He probably knows what is coming but needs to stay diplomatic for trade purposes. 

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Tavita Pritchard is staying on as QB coach, and we hired former Lions QB David Blough as Assistant QB coach.

As for system, hard to say as we don't really know what kind of system they will be running. Indeed a lot of cooks between Kliff, Anthony Lynn, and Brian Johnson.

I love that our offensive staff has either coached or were around the following QBs at some point in their careers:

• Patrick Mahomes (Kingsbury)

• Aaron Rodgers (David Raih)

• Ben Roethlisberger (Bobby Engram)

• Josh Allen (Bobby Johnson)

• Andrew Luck (Pritchard - though he was a defensive assistant at the time)

• Lamar Jackson (Bobby Engram)

• Justin Herbert (Anthony Lynn)

• Dak Prescott (Brian Johnson)

• Jared Goff (Anthony Lynn)

• Jalen Hurts (Brian Johnson)

• Kyler Murray (Kingsbury)

• Baker Mayfield (Kingsbury & David Raih)

They were close enough to see how these QBs operated on a daily basis.  The level of first-hand experience these guys can share on what it takes to be an good-to-great QB in this league (level of work ethic, film study, training, preparation, etc.) is invaluable for a young QB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, mh86 said:

It’s very clear that some of them are LSU fans. They have blinders on, so it’s a little hard to take them seriously. Especially the one who claims he has facts, cold hard proof and videos, but I’ve yet to see them.

Myself and a couple of others have responded with stats and videos in this thread. Do some research before making baseless claims. 

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Tell me exactly who you mean by "their."

🙂

Is that a mod bullying a poster? :lol:

belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jayden was not a good passer until this past season. Even this year it’s questionable given his surrounding talent He played 5 years in college. 3 at ASU and 2 at LSU. Lamar was the NFL MVP in the equivalent year Daniels just had in college. Jayden is a 1 year wonder after 4 average years. 

We either need to go all in on Caleb which is my preference or go Maye. Jayden is a bust in the making. The other 2 can be busts as well but Jayden is nearly a guaranteed bust. 

And Lamar was outside the top 10 in passing yards and passing tds :lol:

also if you want to use one year wonder on Jayden, aren’t you a little concerned that Maye and Caleb regressed this season? They’re trending down while Jayden is trending up. Jayden also played much better competition, sort of like that Joe Burrow guy. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Myself and a couple of others have responded with stats and videos in this thread. Do some research before making baseless claims. 

Is that a mod bullying a poster? :lol:

belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified

And Lamar was outside the top 10 in passing yards and passing tds :lol:

also if you want to use one year wonder on Jayden, aren’t you a little concerned that Maye and Caleb regressed this season? They’re trending down while Jayden is trending up. Jayden also played much better competition, sort of like that Joe Burrow guy. 

Most of the stats used are reaching when trying to make claims. Videos, aka highlights don’t move the needle either. I’ve been following this thread long enough to know the majority of both sides are reaching at straws. Also, using successful players as your argument is a joke. Next.

Edited by mh86
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Most of the stats used are reaching when trying to make claims. Videos, aka highlights don’t move the needle either. I’ve been following this thread long enough to know the majority of both sides are reaching at straws. Next.

What are your concerns about Jayden? The couple of hard hits that he took against Ole Miss and FSU that continue to be re-posted in this thread? Slight of frame and inability to protect himself, sure. What else are your concerns about him? I’d seriously like to know. Is it his above average arm strength because he can’t rifle in a ball like Patrick Ramsey or Jason Campbell? 

and stats are a reach? That’s a new one. What are sports without stats? :lol: 

Edited by BayouBrave86

Yeah the complaining about other posters' defending their favorite guys is over the top at this point. I probably prefer Maye, but others like Daniels and he is an exciting player with some potential. Let people post about him. So what?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

What are your concerns about Jayden? The couple of hard hits that he took against Ole Miss and FSU that continue to be re-posted in this thread? Slight of frame and inability to protect himself, sure. What else are your concerns about him? I’d seriously like to know. Is it his above average arm strength because he can’t rifle in a ball like Patrick Ramsey or Jason Campbell? 

and stats are a reach? That’s a new one. What are sports without stats? :lol: 

If you looked at my last posts I watched the all 22 available on YouTube. Do some research. I’m saying the way people throw stats around as if that makes any difference. There are context to stats and just using those as a “facts” as you state mean nothing. You’re obviously an LSU fanboy that i previously mentioned, that automatically invalidates anything you say to me because you can’t see through those thick blinders.

Edited by mh86

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

I’ll be a reference if you want to submit your application to the Commanders scout team :cheers:

The funny thing is, I actually like Daniels. I think he has the best chance to succeed, at least early on. I just don’t like the following on here. There’s maybe one of you that posts actual content worth reading.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jayden was not a good passer until this past season. 

I'm pretty sure that Jayden through for 16 tds to only 3 ints while completing over 70% of his passes his first year at LSU. I don't think Caleb or drake ever had a season where they completed over 70% of there passes. Does that mean they never where a good passer?

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

So Caleb isn’t bothering with an agent either.

From an NFL contract perspective, there’s no reason to.  He’s going to get picked #1 overall and his contract value is set.  

I think it’s silly for all the other things he could get involved with, though.

• Like 4

FWIW (hint: NOTHING), I feel like the All-22 vid on Daniels (set aside an hour gah) was good stuff. Makes me reconsider my Maye leaning lol. Quick, somebody gimme the link to his All-22.

Holy crap does Daniels throw some pretty balls, so catchable. Lot of really good throws, some ropes, in the middle of the field too. I really like that the vid showed he's a good passer who can really run, rather than a runner who will throw; ton of his runs are scrambles after you can see him go through the reads, and it was nice to see him getting out of bounds on a lot of those. Daniels clearly wants to throw, and from the pocket if possible.

Bonus: Got to see a couple of Daniels slides. One of them even looked like a slide.

Super extra special bonus: Did not have to watch a single snap of that *#(+*!!!(*$) LSU defense.

I got the link in the last few pages here but I don't see it now, so here it is for any interested:

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

FWIW (hint: NOTHING), I feel like the All-22 vid on Daniels (set aside an hour gah) was good stuff. Makes me reconsider my Maye leaning lol.

Holy crap does Daniels throw some pretty balls, so catchable. Lot of really good throws, some ropes, in the middle of the field too. I really like that the vid showed he's a good passer who can really run, rather than a runner who will throw; ton of his runs are scrambles after you can see him go through the reads, and it was nice to see him getting out of bounds on a lot of those. Daniels clearly wants to throw, and from the pocket if possible.

Bonus: Got to see a couple of Daniels slides. One of them even looked like a slide.

Super extra special bonus: Did not have to watch a single snap of that *#(+*!!!(*$) LSU defense.

I got the link in the last few pages here but I don't see it now, so here it is for any interested:

People should be cognizant of the fact this video is mostly "All-22: Top Passes, Runs, TDs", much more so than it is "All-22: Interceptions & Sacks" or Incompletions, Fumbles, Bad Reads, etc.

It's basically a long highlight reel with a few INTs and some sacks thrown in.  I understand we don't have much LSU film, so this is probably the best we can get as of now in order to see him vs. different defenses... but this is definitely a much more positive video (and less useful) than watching legit, full All-22 game film would be.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

I wonder if the Giants might go with JJ and sit him for a year behind Jones.  6 is a high place to get JJ imo but that's probably their best option.  Bears probably set.  WAS hopefully set please please please.  NE probably too unless they don't like whoever we don't pick.

I guess they aren't in on the Fields sweepstakes?

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Lol Pritchard talking about Howell that screams "we're moving on". Very complimentary and doesn't say anything explicit obviously but writing is clearly on the wall.

Everyone knows we are moving on. Anyone telling themselves something different is delusional. 

• Thanks 1