Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Listening to Rivera, it was clear his main focus was the "missed" opportunities in the RZ.  I would not be surprised at all if a QB change was announced. I know he is super loyal, but you can't continue with Heinike, unless you are content with 13-14 points a game, potentially losing out.  With the exception of the drive Dotson scored on, I thought once it was a poorly called game.  I don't understand why Turner does not stick with the run game primarily, especially when Robinson, at this juncture, is gashing defenses.  It opens things up when they can't stop the run. I did like the series when Dotson scored. It was more balanced. BUT then Turner goes away from that. Heinike does better with quick releases. He is just not a drop back QB and every time he does drop back, I hold my breath.  He is good for at least 2-3 boneheaded passes per game. And he is lucky as ****. He should have had, what I counted as two INTs in the game.  I think they should go with Wentz. He can see over the LOS. He can now rely a bit on a steady run game, which will open up the passing lanes for him. Despite all his faults, Wentz has the arm we need right now.  

Just now, redskinss said:

That's the problem, do we feed wentz to that beast?

I'm not sure it'll matter who we start and it's almost unfair to Wentz to make him come back against the best defense in the league. 

I still can't shake the feeling that we may at least be a little better off with Wentz if he gets more time to get comfortable with his teammates and this offense.

But he might get killed too.

One things for sure the narrative will quickly switch from horrible offensive line to o.m.g.what a statue in the pocket!!!

Either QB stands a chance of getting killed LOL! I think at least Wentz gives the "threat" of going downfield that Heiney doesn't. It might SF more "honest" in a way, even if they just rush five knowing the OL can't stop them all anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

That's the problem, do we feed wentz to that beast?

I'm not sure it'll matter who we start and it's almost unfair to Wentz to make him come back against the best defense in the league. 

Wentz has made a lot of money being a fraud mentally and physically on the field. There’s nothing unfair about putt him out there and seeing if he can live up to even 70% of what he seems to think he is. 

I said this earlier but put him out there if the coaches think there’s any chance he can miraculously not suck. 

I don’t think it’s possible but I’m not in practice and am not a coach. I’ve also been against wentz since the trade as announced so I’m hardly objective about it 😂 

If they think it’s possible then do it. This team isnt doing anything without an upgrade at QB. Now is when you roll those dice. What’s the downside? A better pick and saving the embarrassment in the playoffs on national tv? Seems like a no brainer to me. 

I also think they spend too much time trying to protect Taylor with the offensive play calling. 

either run your offense with Taylor the way you want and let the results be what they be, or put wentz back there and see if he can do it now. 

this ultra conservative, we’re afraid to throw the ball unless it’s late and we’re down a a lot, bull**** is great for getting us back to .500 but it doesn’t do anything for doing something in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This one not on Heinicke but wow is Dotson open for a TD.

If I have some optimism from yesterday its that Dotson and Robinson look like studs. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 8.59.45 AM.png

is that seriously one of the plays people are saying was open?  Cause yeah, I see Dotson at the ten.  I also see that Heinicke is not in position to throw.  There's a Giant DL reaching his arm out towards him.  He pulls his arm back into throwing position at this point the ball probably  gets knocked out as his arm is moving backwards, forget about moving forwards

We can still play ball possession with Wentz but he'll probably take more sacks and he's clumsy with the ball so he'll fumble.

But, if he can hit some plays up field it could help us get some touchdowns.

All year we've had problems in the red zone last night we got to the 30-yard line all night and couldn't do s*** once we got there.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

PLEASE go back to Wentz so the responses in this thread can be flipped as to who will start blaming the quarterback or the offensive line and playcalling.  

For the zillionth time. It's not personal. 

If Wentz starts and the defense holds the to 13 points and our RB is averaging 7 ypc and we still can only put up 12 points because the passing game is so ****ing bad, despite having elite weapons, then myself and all the others who have been slamming Heinickes performance will also slam Wentz. 

• Like 6

Just now, JSSkinz said:

We can still play ball possession with Wentz but he'll probably take more sacks and he's clumsy with the ball so he'll fumble.

But, if he can hit some plays up field it could help us get some touchdowns.

All year we've had problems in the red zone last night we got to the 30-yard line all night and couldn't do s*** once we got there.

we can still play ball possession with Wentz, I just don't believe we will

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not every QB is as limited as Heinicke. So the mistakes aren't as deflating.

Your defense of him is strange.

Ron chose these QB’s.  I still don’t get Howell sitting the bench.  Give the guy a chance. Can’t get worse.  I just don’t want to see Wentz.  He ruined the first 1/3 of our season.  He wins a few games, we have breathing room.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Heinicke literally fumbled away 10 points yesterday.

That pass play in their end zone was just stupid with BRob ready to go.  Turner stinks.

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

Ron chose these QB’s.  I still don’t get Howell sitting the bench.  Give the guy a chance. Can’t get worse.  I just don’t want to see Wentz.  He ruined the first 1/3 of our season.  He wins a few games, we have breathing room.

Our entire QB situation is awful. I would have went to Howell weeks and weeks ago (before the streak if I'm being honest).

Now we will enter 2023 offseason with the plan that Wentz is gone (if he's not and we keep him at his salary... the FO needs to be fired), Heinicke is a FA and Howell with no experience. We dropped the ball. The only way to make that okay there is to actually make the playoffs at this point. It's not looking good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I mean Heinicke literally fumbled away 10 points yesterday.

I don't put the first one on him. That's the second time in the last two games Leno hung the QB out to dry, last time was near the goal line too but Heinicke held onto it. The beat reporters are saying they timed the defender at 2.5 seconds from the time the ball was snapped to the time he knocked the ball out of Heinicke's hands. If Turner can't call a proper offense because what's supposed to be our best offensive lineman can't block then that's sad.

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

You sure about that?  OP?  

It’s not even close.  KB is an emotional train wreck as a lot of our fans are, but he’s not been pretending Wentz was good.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't put the first one on him. That's the second time in the last two games Leno hung the QB out to dry, last time was near the goal line too but Heinicke held onto it. The beat reporters are saying they timed the defender at 2.5 seconds from the time the ball was snapped to the time he knocked the ball out of Heinicke's hands. If Turner can't call a proper offense because what's supposed to be our best offensive lineman can't block then that's sad.

Not sure about last night but the last game was 💯 on Heinicke to know Thibs was free and evade, Leno didn’t have that responsibility.

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

PLEASE go back to Wentz so the responses in this thread can be flipped as to who will start blaming the quarterback or the offensive line and playcalling.  

It won't be flipped no matter how much you desire or attempt to make it.

It'll be one sided the way the heinicke argument should also be.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our entire QB situation is awful. I would have went to Howell weeks and weeks ago (before the streak if I'm being honest).

Now we will enter 2023 offseason with the plan that Wentz is gone (if he's not and we keep him at his salary... the FO needs to be fired), Heinicke is a FA and Howell with no experience. We dropped the ball. The only way to make that okay there is to actually make the playoffs at this point. It's not looking good.

I agree.  When we started rolling, Howell should have been given a chance.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If Wentz starts and the defense holds the to 13 points and our RB is averaging 7 ypc and we still can only put up 12 points because the passing game is so ****ing bad, despite having elite weapons, then myself and all the others who have been slamming Heinickes performance will also slam Wentz. 

You'll just suddenly stop posting in this thread and change the title of it when Wentz is back in and doing what he did for the first 6 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

You'll just suddenly stop posting in this thread and change the title of it when Wentz is back in and doing what he did for the first 6 weeks.

Not that KB actually stops posting when his takes

go bad, but it’s more respectable than folks who still show up to tell us the urine is actually rain, and it’s only raining because the sun, the moon, the stars all stink and the Heinicke cloud is just a victim.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I agree.  When we started rolling, Howell should have been given a chance.

We are not seeing Sam Howell this season.  If the decision were up to me, he'd be the starter for the last 3 games...but Rivera is going to go back to the owner's QB.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not even close.  KB is an emotional train wreck as a lot of our fans are, but he’s not been pretending Wentz was good.

Not sure about last night but the last game was 💯 on Heinicke to know Thibs was free and evade, Leno didn’t have that responsibility.

it's up to the QB to know that someone is coming from the side that is literally called their blindside? 

• Like 1