Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

A 6 week recovery might actually be the BEST of all worlds.

Follow me here--Six weeks is long enough to eliminate the possibility of losing a 2nd round pick if/when Wentz comes back while...

In the meantime we have enough time to evaluate Howell or ugh Heinike (or perhaps both) as the starter.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

Is this karma after one of the Washington twitter pages laughed about how Brian Robinson came back faster after two gunshots than Dak, after a TB defender gave him a high 5? Obviously equating a powerful NFL qb arms follow through, smacking hard into a big, strong nfl players hand as he rushes the passer is ludicrous. This injury/play was almost exactly the same as what happened to Dak. How ironic.

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If he's out 6 weeks, we should not see him the rest of the year.   By then Taylor is playing well and We're winning or it's time for Howell.

Atleast we will be able to see quickness and some speed from the qb position. Some elusiveness. Someone who can evade the blitz and run for 10 yards on 3rd and 8. I'm not saying this situation is a good thing. Just saying, I do look forward to that one aspect.

20 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The play is clearly designed for McKissic.

I assume Carson expected McKissic to go inside since the defender had outside leverage, but for whatever reason he didn’t.

Guy gets killed for holding the ball too long, first read looks good, and you want him to move to the next read?

That’s not defending Wentz, he’s a statue with no touch these days.  But that play is not some glaring example of how bad he is.

That's a perfect example of - maybe not how bad he is, but a glaring weakness in his game.  He has NO touch on short passes.  That ball got zipped so hard McKissick had no shot at bringing it in.  On a play FOUR YARDS from the line of scrimmage.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

One small benefit is Heinicke has a little extra time to get ready.  

I'm going to make a bold prediction here.  This offense will be more productive - in terms of points scored -  with Taylor Heinicke on the field in the next few weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, GoCommiesGo said:

The threat of the deep ball is gone, defenders can play tighter coverage, safeties can sag lower and people think we score more?

I’m so confused. 

One of the benefits to have a stronger arm, like Wentz was the deep ball.  But, considering the QB not having time to throw those or not locating those guys in routes in recent games then what's the difference?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

One of the benefits to have a stronger arm, like Wentz was the deep ball.  But, considering the QB not having time to throw those or not locating those guys in routes in recent games then what's the difference?

It’s at least the threat and ability to stress all parts of the field. Without that it lets the defenders play lower and tighter. Running lanes are less fee, secondary can play tighter as they can’t threaten the deep sections. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He can’t afford to cut the field in half, and even if he does - those throws require an arm that Taylor doesn’t have.  

I want more boots from under center and read option.     His arm isn't as weak as some would like to make it out to be.    

• Haha 1

I broke down Taylor’s season not long ago in this thread.  It doesn’t match the descriptions in here. Dude took 38 sacks and barely ever ran as the season went on.  Often times the descriptions of his play here sound like the only games he played was against the Giants and ATL early in the season.  

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I want more boots from under center and read option.     His arm isn't as weak as some would like to make it out to be.   

Yeah, because we ‘want’ him launching turkeys.  GTFOH.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I broke down Taylor’s season not long ago in this thread.  It doesn’t match the descriptions in here. Dude took 38 sacks and barely ever ran as the season went on.  Often times the descriptions of his play here sound like the only games he played was against the Giants and ATL early in the season.  

Yeah, because we ‘want’ him launching turkeys.  GTFOH.

7 wins against the toughest schedule in the league; with a beat up O-Line and limited weapons.  Plus a crap defense.   Have some respect, man. 

Edited by FLSkinz83

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

7 wins against the toughest schedule in the league; with a beat up O-Line and limited weapons.  Plus a crap defense.   Have some respect, man. 

I do respect the guy.  Defenses no longer do.  That’s the problem.

Give me Howell or give me death.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am personally floored how people seem to believe a guy w/ one of the longest time to throws in the NFL last year was somehow a lightning fast processor that was able to quickly dissect Ds and get the ball out fast.

The absolute eternity it took for him to choose to do anything was one of his biggest weaknesses.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I do respect the guy.  Defenses no longer do.  That’s the problem.

Give me Howell or give me death.

Taylor has limitations but he does a lot of things really well. He’s like the anti Wentz.

He won 7 games last year against some tough teams, you’re going off the last few games of the year when we were completely depleted and hobbling to the finish line. 

I fully expect the offense to look better with Heineke. Like night and day. 

And you may respect the guy, but you don’t act like you do. You act like he’s hot garbage and he’s not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

That would be a logical move however our offensive coirdinator has disdain for adjustable offenses.

Ryan Fitzpatrick said in pregame that this offense doesn't adjust for ANYNOBODY.

Scott Turner told him day one that he runs a plug and play offense and every player is interchangeable. In other words it's up to the player to adjust to Scott's "ingenious" :rolleyes:scheme.

We are doomed by the hubris and inflexibility of our coaches 

In my mind, and I could well be wrong, Turner has adjusted his offense/play calling to try to mitigate the oline issues (not all for the better of course), but yeah, adjusting for his qb?  Not sure that’s happened…

Of course, I have to wonder if a lot of his adjustments just don’t fit Wentz (beyond the ugly qb keeper) - overloads that Wentz doesn’t read out properly, quick passes that Wentz misses, etc.  

I’m leaving a lot out of this post, but just to be clear, I’m not giving Turner a pass nor do I think Wentz is nearly as bad as he’s been made to appear.

• Thumb up 1