Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I've said it before, all things being equal, Wentz is better than Taylor.....But....with Turner and this O-Line, Taylor gives us the best chance to win.

I'm not a Taylor Groupie, but he got way more criticism than he deserved last year.   I thought he mostly did a good job under bad circumstances.

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

God I dont want to watch Taylor limp dick throws all over the field... How anyone can be excited about Taylor is beyond me... 

It’s the enthusiasm and creativity that he plays with that make him fun to watch. Really happy for him that he will hopefully get to play the Packers, the team he grew up rooting for. Hopefully, this time he gets into the end zone on a keeper

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

I've said it before, all things being equal, Wentz is better than Taylor.....But....with Turner and this O-Line, Taylor gives us the best chance to win.

I'm not a Taylor Groupie, but he got way more criticism than he deserved last year.   I thought he mostly did a good job under bad circumstances.

Exactly this. The guy went 7-8 as a starter against a tougher schedule. I do think teams started to figure him out a bit by the end though

Their formula for winning is doing what they did during the 4 game win streak…pound the rock and let Hiney work play action and find guys in space

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Don’t ask me why, but taking the family to their first game - vs the Texans.  Crazy that as of now, any of our 3 qbs could be starting that game… and not (necessarily) due to injuries.

6 minutes ago, method man said:

It’s the enthusiasm and creativity that he plays with that make him fun to watch. Really happy for him that he will hopefully get to play the Packers, the team he grew up rooting for. Hopefully, this time he gets into the end zone on a keeper

Exactly this. The guy went 7-8 as a starter against a tougher schedule. I do think teams started to figure him out a bit by the end though

Their formula for winning is doing what they did during the 4 game win streak…pound the rock and let Hiney work play action and find guys in space

If he plays, I hope they move the pocket and make use of RPO plays.

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Is my math correct that he'd have to play 12 games this year for that 3rd to move to a 2nd pick?

It could be as early as the 11th.  It depends on the number of plays that are run in each game.  To be safe, you’d sit him after game 10.  But now this injury could change that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

At this point if Wentz can't go the obvious move is Heineke-- sigh-- been there done that, and we all know how that story is going to end.

The gutsy, both balls out and flip floppin' in the wind, hair on fire, **** the read coach I'm going deep move is to use this mini-break  to dust off the rookie phenom in waiting and throw him in the ocean with no life preserver cuz it's sink or swim kid and we're all caught in a hurricane.

Let's see if Riverboat has marbles or cannon balls swinging between his legs!

• Haha 3

A lot of criticism of Taylor was about the last 4 games games he played.  The dude had Covid, and the team was decimated.   Plus he didn't have Logan Thomas for most of the year and McKissic got hurt....add those guys plus Dotson and Robinson and let's see What Taylor can do.

Also, He will give them energy.   Right now this offense is flatter than a pancake.

No need to rush Howell right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

If he plays, I hope they move the pocket and make use of RPO plays.

That would be a logical move however our offensive coirdinator has disdain for adjustable offenses.

Ryan Fitzpatrick said in pregame that this offense doesn't adjust for ANYNOBODY.

Scott Turner told him day one that he runs a plug and play offense and every player is interchangeable. In other words it's up to the player to adjust to Scott's "ingenious" :rolleyes:scheme.

We are doomed by the hubris and inflexibility of our coaches 

11 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

A lot of criticism of Taylor was about the last 4 games games he played.  The dude had Covid, and the team was decimated.   Plus he didn't have Logan Thomas for most of the year and McKissic got hurt....add those guys plus Dotson and Robinson and let's see What Taylor can do.

Also, He will give them energy.   Right now this offense is flatter than a pancake.

No need to rush Howell right now.

We know what we have in TH. We're not winning **** this year. Howell is the wild card and you have to see what you have with him for the future of the team. Long term planning here.

Putting TH in is like putting a new flagpole in front of a condemned building. 

HTTR!

The fact that Wentz played with the fracture is indicative of a minor injury, probably a hairline fracture. Probably out 2-4 weeks so doubtful Ron would go with a rookie during that stretch. I could see Howell getting time when the fat lady has sung later in the season but not now with the season on the line.