Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But for the ones left, I would agree, the line is carved in pencil, rather than stone.

Anyone still left has done the equivalent of opening the cabinet under the sink, chugged everything, and survived.

What greater adversity could any of us face. We rolled out a logo w/ the incorrect years fo r crying out loud. I fear nothing (Outside another year of TH)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think there has been too much of this 'Nobody wants to come here because of owner, org, name, etc. ..That's mostly BS. Players just don't care that much about all the extra stuff. What they care about is money and winning.

Washington has no problems paying elite players.. so the only thing that's left is winning. Fact is that Stafford and Wilson picked teams that are loaded and ready to win now. That's not directly Washington's or Rivera's fault. No matter how much Rivera yells "we're a QB away!" these players are not dumb ... on field results speak for themselves.

1. While the D seems to have some pieces in place, it was atrocious for 2/3 of the 21 season. 

2. There are weapons on O, but not enough and coming off major injuries.

Now how does the team get better at QB? simple...

1. Overpay significantly and truly make an offer that can not be refused. 

2. Load the team with O talent to make it an attractive destination, so that next time an elite QB becomes available we are real option.

3. Get lucky with an FA or a draft pic

Since option 1 is off the table (unless Raiders come around) .. load up on option 2 and 3 and keep fingers crossed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Unfortunately, we all are in that position.  One in four women will experience a sexual assault in her lifetime.  Mom? Sister? Wife? Daughter? Grandmother? Friend? Co-worker?

Not to you at all KDawg, but to others: Which are you going to pick? And how will you explain your part in making that happen because you want things to be different but only perpetuate the culture?  But, but, he can throw a ball! 

TL;DR - This is what rationalization, confirmation bias, and whataboutism look like

His the man been convicted yet no. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He had a preliminary deal in place with 18 of the 22. If he is not indicted, he will likely settle all the cases and this goes away. 

I did not know this, you may be right about the shakedown part...Still, if he forced himself on those women... Jail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I dont think this automatically vaults Denver over the Raiders in the pecking order.  They shouldn't be afraid of these people.  Let's not forget, the Raiders won 10 games with all the mayhem they had going on and coulda easily advanced in the playoffs. The Broncos still have some question marks in personnel this offseason and dumped a bunch of draft picks and players.  

If I'm McDaniels, I stand pat thinking I'm still the second best team in that division.

The Raiders blew my mind last year by doing exactly this. How TF do they get their coach fired just a few games in, their top WRs out of the league with at least one definitely going to jail, and in THAT division actually make that happen?

That is literally the most un-Commanders thing ever and incredibly impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Despite this being a weak QB class I absolutely expect us to be picking the 3rd or 4th QB off the board at #11.

DET/HOU/NYG/CAR/ATL/SEA could all go QB while NO/TB/PIT could trade up for one in the draft.

It might be rough getting our guy or require a trade up. 

Detroit isn't picking QB at #2. They might with the Rams #32 pick but they also have 2 #1's in 23.

Houston is a question mark. They could but I think they ride with Mills and use the Watson bounty in 23 to get their qb.

NYG is riding with Jones and whatever vet they bring in.They may trade down one their 1's to get 23 draft capital; to get their qb in 23.

Carolina, if they don't  get Watson; are drafting a qb.

Atlanta is a question mark? They may draft a qb in the later rounds. I think they ride with Ryan, they could win the South.

Seattle, if they don't get Watson; will draft a qb.

I don't see New Orleans, Tampa or Pittsburgh trading up ahead of us; if they trade up, I think we are their trading partner. 

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Which are you going to pick? And how will you explain your part in making that happen because you want things to be different but only perpetuate the culture?  But, but, he can throw a ball! 

That ignores the fact that you and I are supporting it right now as current fans of this team.

If you feel that strongly, why are you supporting it now? I suspect it is for Football reasons. How is that any different then supporting the team if Watson is brought in? Same status quo

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think we are very disingenuous as a fanbase.  We've looked the other way on a lot of stuff.  Maybe we complain a lot, but we keep coming back for more year after year.  To some degree, maybe a lot of people haven't, judging by the attendance figures and other metrics.  A lot of folks have bailed.  But for the ones left, I would agree, the line is carved in pencil, rather than stone.

Haven't been to a game in years.

Line isn't in pencil. Judge away though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That ignores the fact that you and I are supporting it right now as current fans of this team.

If you feel that strongly, why are you supporting it now? I suspect it is for Football reasons. How is that any different then supporting the team if Watson is brought in? Same status quo

You suspect people are supporting this team for FOOTBALL reasons? Really? What that we can win 6 games a year?

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

It's not the coach it's ownership and organization. Trent Williams and the growth on his head not getting diagnosed. The trainer getting arrested for drugs last year. The sexual harassment charges, The Kirk Cousins problems,  the terrible stadium, and on and on. 

This is why we have to look at someone like Deshawn Watson. He a great player but would not come here accept for his problems. 

Trent went out of his way to praise Dan. It was everyone else he had issues with. That’s a fact. 

46 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No one good wants to come here. It’s that simple. If they don’t have better options then they will pretend they want to come here. That’s where we are. You might brainwash a Jon Allen every few years into buying in but that’s a rare foolish decision of a young athlete. Ron might be nice and likeable but these QBs want to succeed with younger offensive minded coaches as well. 

Jon Allen is from here.  It's different playing in your hometown area.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not to get into the details but it seems like a possible money grab from quasi sex workers. Let’s  not turn the guy into a pariah absent concrete evidence. He is being shaken down for paying for activities is the most likely reality. 

If it was 1 or 2, you could say that. When 22 women accuse him and he met with them different times; there's something there.

You believe it's just a shake down and that's your belief.  I think many believe there's something there. If it was just a shake down; Watson could go after them for defamation.  I can't see 22 women lying about this.

• Like 1

Logan Paulsen on Keim's podcast. Not that his opinion is the be all and end all.  But like Cooley he's played in an NFL offense and spends time watching players.  His takes...

A.  He likes Winston the best as to FAs.  He says he manipulates defenses well with his eyes, comes off like he reads defenses well, hits receivers in stride, understands what defenses are trying to do to him.  His issue is hero ball, forcing the ball when he shouldn't, he needs to reign it in.  He thinks he did reign it in to some extent last season.

B.  He spent a lot of time ripping Trubisky.  He responded to the criticism that some say to defend Trubisky which is that the Bears didnt run enough play action with him -- his take on that is that it is nonsense -- saying their offense if anything looked like it was heavily predicated on play action. He's not the only one who has made a similar observation on the Bears offense.   

I mentioned this before but watched a Peyton Manning QB school segment which included ripping Trubisky for how poorly Trubisky sells play action.  Paulsen said a lot of teams run similar concepts on offense so its not hard for him to project the QBs reads on certain plays. 

Basically his view is that Trubisky's accuracy isn't good, field vision isn't good, decision making isn't good, his awareness of what defenses are trying to do him isn't good, him understanding where to go with the ball as for his reads isn't good.  But he does have a live arm and mobility.   He's not a big Heinicke guy yet doesn't see Trubisky as some big upgrade over him.

He gave a bunch of specifics on it.   Running through various Trubisky plays.

C.  He likes Willis.  He agrees though with the boom bust label.  Traits are special.  He liked seeing the zip on his throws in person.  He'd take him at 11.

E.   He likes Pickett.  Makes NFL type throws running an NFL style offense with NFL style reads.  Tight window throws.  Not great under pressure.   Not perfect but he's seen enough that he likes. He'd also take him at 11. 

F.  As for Ridder, he said he heard he's a great interview at the combine.  Comes off very professional.  The problem is the tape doesn't match the heights of his personality.  He questions his decision making and accuracy.  He talked to an NFL passing coordinator who he knows who told him his issue with Ridder is his mechanics (as to his base when he throws) is pretty consistent yet his accuracy not so much.  

It's not flawless, he overstrides among other things.  But Ridder's mechanics are consistent enough that it makes the passing coordinator worry that his accuracy issues can't easily be fixed.  Paulsen cited that someone like Willis, you can see the accuracy dissappear on some throws because the mechanics aren't consistent from some of his better throws where his mechanics were good.  So the feeling is its easier to clean a player's accuracy where you can pinpoint times when the mechanics dissappear versus players where the mechanics are consistent yet the accuracy still isn't there. 

G. He likes Corral's arm talent, quick release and athleticism.  But the RPO heavy offense makes him nervous because he doesn't know if he can go through NFL style progressions 

H.  Howell.  He said Trubisky's struggles adjusting to the NFL might not bode well for Howell considering they played at the same school -- suggesting similar offense perhaps (I didn't bother to look, is that the same coaching staff?).    Accuracy inconsistent.  Doesn't love him.  He didn't elaborate on it.  Seems intrigued though enough that if he ends up a 2nd rounder he'd consider.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If it was 1 or 2, you could say that. When 22 women accuse him and he met with them different times; there's something there.

You believe it's just a shake down and that's your belief.  I think many believe there's something there. If it was just a shake down; Watson could go after them for defamation.  I can't see 22 women lying about this.

To be fair, if it's PROVEN he didn't do what he is accused of or PROVEN that he did, that changes my views.

It is entirely possible that Watson is getting the shake down right now. I admit that as well. But it's equally possible he isn't. 

Being cleared isn't enough, the story needs to come out. And that is a problem with social media and the like... we never know what to believe or not to believe.

The burden is on proving guilt. Or supposed to be. But  things get by on so many loopholes that being cleared doesn't prove innocence or guilt. Awkward and difficult situations. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They're trying to get someone. Our led balloon has made that difficult to do. We have screwed up a bunch of opportunities and Rivera isn't totally blameless, but they have tried for two years. And I believe that completely. We are at a massive handicap here.

Cryin' won't help you; praying won't do you no good.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Again, whataboutism is not a valid argument.

I'm more than aware of my hypocrisy. As KDawg said, it's part and parcel to who I am. I don't want it but I can't not, like your ****ty cousin who is still your cousin.  I haven't paid to go to game since Griffin tore his ACL.  I bought some WFT stuff for posterity's sake and because 7-9 division champions. I haven't, and won't, buy anything Commanders with the current owner.

It happens to be football, if I didn't have the relationship I have with the team, I'd have peaced out like I did with the Wizards and O's because I don't care about other sports at all.

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Has the man been convicted yet ?

yes or no?

He hasn't. Of all sexual assaults, about 32% are reported. Of THOSE, about 17% get arrested. Of THOSE, about half will get a felony conviction. 

Ultimately about 0.025% of sexual assaults end in incarceration.

Inform yourself.  Remember, one in four women experience it.  Mom, grandma, sister, wife, daughter, girlfriend, co-worker, you pick. And they don't report it because of the attitudes that you are perpetuating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Washington should probably make a Godfather offer to the raiders and Carr.  Significantly over- pay for him in picks and contract.   Screw it.  

They need something to change the narrative.  The fan base is in open revolt, everybody hates everything.  

They need a savior.  It’s actually kindof like what Green Bay did when they got Reggie White.  GB had been a disaster for 20 years.  Everybody was SHOCKED Reggie chose GB.  But he was the first domino in a line of dominos which has led to 30 years of success.  

Carr isn’t Reggie.  But if they can get him here for 5+ years, you have a chance to change the narrative on the field.  And hope people migrate back to the stadium if the team is good. 

Totally agree. It may be a slightly desperate move, but Carr is a very good QB. And we badly need one. Like you say, sorts the issue out for the next few years. He’s still relatively young. Fans would generally get behind that move a whole lot.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You suspect people are supporting this team for FOOTBALL reasons? Really? What that we can win 6 games a year?

Yes. Football reasons is more than the on the field product. It is the lifestyle, culture and behavior around it.

Even you yourself are on a team message board right now.

You don't have to attend games our buy merch to support a team. I have not done either in a few years as well. But, if your watching games, devoting considerable headspace, talking about it, following/boosting radio personalities that discuss it then you are still helping to enable the entity to exist. Your helping to build the brand.

If people are afraid of enabling a poor sexual philosophy by bringing in someone, yet they do exactly that by enabling this current franchise that has many of the same problems and more, that is downright hypocrisy. You got people on here turning their nose up for actions they are actively commuting themselves. Boo to that.

Nobody here suddenly grew a conscience and realized what was going on was bad.

Edited by FootballZombie